I Don't Like The Green In Cannabutter, How To Keep It Out? Shud I Run My

pic book

This might be worth a try;

Before you combine your cannabis with the butter, grind it up fine and wash it with salt and water then discard the liquid. The salt exposes the chlorophyll's charge and precipitates the chlorophyll into the water. That should give you less 'green'. 

Edited by Restorium2

I  used to keif my stuff before bho extraction only because I wanted keif hash and oil, but I found that to be unproductive in the oil amount! and Im not the biggest fan of keif hash, I am one that thinks bubble hash is better than keif hash, but that is just me and my taistes and experience and no one elses,

Ok make up your minds are we trying to save terps in extractions or are we trying to lose terps in extraction?

Peace

I  used to keif my stuff before bho extraction only because I wanted keif hash and oil, but I found that to be unproductive in the oil amount! and Im not the biggest fan of keif hash, I am one that thinks bubble hash is better than keif hash, but that is just me and my taistes and experience and no one elses,

Ok make up your minds are we trying to save terps in extractions or are we trying to lose terps in extraction?

Peace

Depends, what have you got and what do you want to do? :)

I just want to know how everything works. :)  I'll figure that out later.

I've made bubble hash off of a light shake in the sifter.  It bubbles over like crazy.  The longer you shake it you can use that for decarbing and infusing into anything. I wouldn't use it for oil because it would take so little alcohol that the amount left in the coffee filter would loose a bit of oil.  I thought of that and decided not to.  I just have something against making oil with the tools I have, it seems so much harder than just drying it good and shaking it.  Then I can decarb in a closed petri dish and add coconut oil to the petri dish and scoop caps in under an hour.

Edited by Norby

explain a little, what is 'kief it'?  grind it into fine flour?

first post, cheap fast keif. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44672-essential-tools-of-the-trade/page-1

no water. no green, no chlorophyll.

warm into butter pan, with a squirt of water to keep the temps below 212

only until the waxy trichomes are melted, no longer. it takes only a couple minutes of warming, not hours in a slow cooker, like

many have humored. wax melts fast in heat and butter. trichome heads are wax. the active ingredients are within that waxy head. the wax tastes great.

Edited by grassmatch

Depends, what have you got and what do you want to do? :)

I just want to know how everything works. :)  I'll figure that out later.

I've made bubble hash off of a light shake in the sifter.  It bubbles over like crazy.  The longer you shake it you can use that for decarbing and infusing into anything. I wouldn't use it for oil because it would take so little alcohol that the amount left in the coffee filter would loose a bit of oil.  I thought of that and decided not to.  I just have something against making oil with the tools I have, it seems so much harder than just drying it good and shaking it.  Then I can decarb in a closed petri dish and add coconut oil to the petri dish and scoop caps in under an hour.

Would you mind sharing more the process (steps) you use once you have the Hash?