I Say Put Boots On The Ground!

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” Carl Sagan

“The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.” Karl Marx

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.” Carl Sagan

“The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.” Karl Marx

So what you are saying here is 

mark-twain-its-easier-to-fool-people-tha

I supported reagan in his 2nd term, his 1st term I was a close minded union dem!  I had the best working yrs of my life when reagen was in office, I voted for him because of the pay and benny's I got after he came to office!

Now I consider myself neither for or against unions, I was also in the laborer's union, the skilled trades union( dry wall,painter's. construction) I grew up dem and my whole family was dem!

I did not vote for snyder or shuett, Im not a straight party voter, I vote for the person and experience not party!  I also didnt vote for perot! my grand ma did though lol!

Im not a fan of obama, but im way less a fan of hilary so now what? who are they going to put in to run against her? another bush?

can you honestly say you like jane fonda and john kerry? How about mit romney? it seems we are going to be going from bad to worse no matter which party gets in!

also since we are on the politics of this war to come or that we are already in and left before they could defend them selves!

do you realy think the people we vote for to be president actualy is elected by the poeple (popular vote)?  You can win the popular vote and lose the race, why is that, shouldnt our vote be more importan then the electoral college? or what ever the phaq they call it!

Peace

Thanks

We left before they could defend them selves ? Well Jim we did levee but they Ran away when the fighting started 

Phaq we had boots in iraq that belonged to a "coalition" of nations.  We, by far, had the most but there were others.  If we went in again it would be no different.  We would have to take over the government and occupy the country for a long long time.  That ain't gonna happen bro.  No one (other nations) would like to see that. 

Occupying a middle east country becomes a battle cry for the various local groups who hate us.  Osama wanted us out of Saudi Arabia.  That was what he used as his reason to target us.  It's an easy thing to get locals to rally behind.  Sure you get a few groups behind you (primarily the groups that are being oppressed by the powers that be) but make no mistake, if those oppressed groups had the power (and the tables were turned) they would want us out just as badly.  It's a matter of your enemy's enemy is your friend until your enemy is defeated.  There is no winning in the middle east as far as the U.S. is concerned.

Someday Israel may feel provoked enough that they launch a nuclear strike.  If that happens look for much of the middle east to be occupied by Israel for decades to come.

There is nothing wrong with every one giving their own opinion, that is what I want, I will do my best not to get personal, but I do put all of my threads in the lets get personal section, and they are supposed to be less moderated, I encourage all to speak their mind, even mods of course, after all we realy cant make it happen, we can only say what we would like or think needs to happen!

Thank you all!

christinew, mal, I always like what you both write 99% of the time, so If I got a lil personal I appoligize, I encourage others opinions, and love to have my own!

rest I totaly agree about the suicide bombers, but we both know it is how they were raised, just like most kids who dont fit right or do right in society, it all starts at home!

Peace

I think we need isolationism.  We need to get all our corporate "interests" out of there so that we have no "interest" in the middle east.  We outsource everything, which raises fuel costs, taxes and mental disorders.  We need local communities to get a game plan on how to beat the divide and conquer mentality in local economics.  Everyone wants or needs things cheap which only costs more to society in the long run in taxes, fuel costs, depression and natural resources being used at a breakneck pace in a throwaway society.  Since China and India will work for pennies we've essentially dug ourselves a big pit.  Mostly from "free trade"(free for the rich but costs us our whole way of living), shifting fed taxes to the burden of the people instead of the burden of other countries trying to access our "rich" market.  Every economic policy we have has either ruined the country or put in failsafes to keep society from crumbling under the "new world order".  As minimum wage rises it just pushes everyone into the same category while the rich walk away with the profits from a broken system.  Inflation is there to water down the money so that the rich can get richer without collapse.  New world slavery.  Our owners don't even have to worry about our health or if we eat since tehy don't "own" us.  We vote for our rulers.  Makes it all democratic like.

Edited by Norby

As long as you don't touch my crotch phaq, you can get as personal as ya want. 

:blow-a-heart:

ewwwwwww thats nasty!

any one watch survivor?  I was so glad when they voted off one of the couples,(the guy couple) I have nothing against gay people, but I realy dont like seeing 2 men, 2 women or even a male/female couple constantly swapping spit on prime time!

I felt relief when they voted off one of the gay men,,,,now I have to watch the last man/woman couple pick up where they left off, this is survivor not a kissy face vaca!  just sayin!  I guess I will just quit watching eh?

Peace

It would be cool to see those 2 and under running a country.

Very inspirational. You've decided to promote a hardware type solution? A bomb salesman. Your  plan will help the economy, too? So you consider this a growth industry? yes that's the answer more bombs...

Boots

O

The

ground.

It's not just a job! 

Be a bot. Hate a lot.  

Hope you aren't referring to me.  I was just joking.  Thus the quip about 2 year olds running a country.

They'd just want our heads too.  How did all our oil get under their sand anyway?

:lol:

I like  "how did our oil get under their sand any way"

Does every one believe the only reason we bombed iraq the 1st and last time was for oil?

I thought we went to help kuwait get their oil wells back that iraq took over and then set on fire on their way out. and stop iraq from absorbing kuwait!

Peace

I like  "how did our oil get under their sand any way"

Does every one believe the only reason we bombed iraq the 1st and last time was for oil?

I thought we went to help kuwait get their oil wells back that iraq took over and then set on fire on their way out. and stop iraq from absorbing kuwait!

Peace

We bombed Iraq the last time because Saddam was paying suicide bombers in Israel at the tune of $60,000 each. At least that seems like the reason ....

The middle east has been a complete mess ever since the Ottoman Empire was defeated in WWI and the allies divided up the "spoils of war" according to what best suited them and their persistent colonial interests.  This was cemented further after WWII. 

The religious conflict isn't the root of the problem.  It is a symptom. 

Ever since the Allies/colonial powers decided to parse-up the middle east and draw political boundaries according to what was best for the victors of WWI, rather than what made sense for the people who lived there, we've seen a cess-pool. 

We have many, many cultural groups who want a sovereign homeland.  Key people have been clever enough to realize that if we frame this conflict as a religious conflict rather than a political one, the folks in power can promise virgins after death as the reward, rather than promise a better life under a new government. 

Think about it.  If you're trying to recruit an 18 y/o guy who grew up in poverty, are you likely be to be more successful telling him "fight on our side and then maybe you can win the right to vote" or "fight on our side and if you get killed you get a harem of virgins."

We can't kill our way out of this mess.  The only way "we" can win is to convince the younger folks that there is a better answer than the one they currently have. 

Right now, so many young men have limited options.....Option 1.  Fight, die, get virgins.  Option 2.  Get a job.

If we find a way to get jobs for these young folks, we'd have a lot fewer lining up for the after-death virgin option.

Poverty makes people desperate.  So desperate that they'll go along with the "die and get virgins" idea. 

We won't win this war until we can offer young people in the middle east something better than "crappy life in the real world but virgins in the next."

Religious extremists can't offer much in this life, so they promise "everything" in the afterlife.

Let's find a way to offer young folks benefit IN THIS LIFE.  That's how we win this war.