Rso/hemp Oil

Wow wow wow, how this thread turned to butt. On another note. I strained my buds. Each half gallon had a 1/4 bud. Stuff is green. If you dont want green I guess it got to b a quick wash. This had been in since friday not sunday as I posted.96 hours. So how should I try to prepare oral capsules? Dosing? One batch was burmese kusk, one is Northern Light X Big Bud. Both heavy indica. My fisrt batch that gave me the gut problems sure helped with my pain. It actually made my spinal pain disappear. So I AM HELL BENT ON DOING THIS.

a good way to get oil into capsules is to just use a 10 or 100ml syringe and load the capsules until you have the desired amount. 10ml is about a gram of oil. capsule loaders are intended more for powders or less viscous liquids.

WOOHOO a gram in a capsule. Don't try that. Try about the size of half a grain of rice for a 'first step'. Use a glass syringe just in case you need to heat it a little to make it less solid(plant wax). Plastic syringes are sucky. 

a good way to get oil into capsules is to just use a 10 or 100ml syringe and load the capsules until you have the desired amount. 10ml is about a gram of oil. capsule loaders are intended more for powders or less viscous liquids.

I think you are off by a factor of ten.

After the solvent is all gone, cannabis extract is close to the density of water.

One ml of extract weighs about a gram.

One gram makes a hundred 10 mg doses, be careful with the math, this is strong stuff.

Why such a long soak?

When I make extract for oral consumption, I use a very quick wash (30 sec) method w/ 99 iso and have excellent results.

I think using suppositories is an excellent alternative to oral especially for persons with digestive/ gastro issues as the OP is describing.

The quote below is referring to using the capsules as a suppository... not a properly made suppository! 

"should NOT be used for suppositories. You will not enjoy the experience"

Grandpa, I hope you get this issue resolve and... come back to let us know how you accomplished it :)

I think you are off by a factor of ten.

After the solvent is all gone, cannabis extract is close to the density of water.

One ml of extract weighs about a gram.

One gram makes a hundred 10 mg doses, be careful with the math, this is strong stuff.

The critical kush got chopped a week ago...first sample this morning...

GOOD looking out. Thanks and sorry to op! 10ml is too much. I am going to edit my post so i look real smart :phew:. As far as amount, I believe OP has already used oil. The measurements were simply that. 1ml is a gram and a 1 or 10ml syringe is an excellent way to measure while filling capsules. You can double check when done with a scale. Thanks again for pointing out my mistake iwood.

Why such a long soak?

When I make extract for oral consumption, I use a very quick wash (30 sec) method w/ 99 iso and have excellent results.

I think using suppositories is an excellent alternative to oral especially for persons with digestive/ gastro issues as the OP is describing.

The quote below is referring to using the capsules as a suppository... not a properly made suppository! 

"should NOT be used for suppositories. You will not enjoy the experience"

Grandpa, I hope you get this issue resolve and... come back to let us know how you accomplished it :)

Why such a quick wash if you are going to eat it? 

Too much chlorophyll in the end product causes many people upset stomach.

Have never seen this with my oil used by quite a few patients. How is it different than eating a leafy salad? Are you sure it was the chlorophyll and not some other substance? All green vegies are full of chlorophyll. Does the extraction process somehow change the chlorophyll into something stronger than it was? I long wash with warm alcohol and no one ever has complained about stomach problems.

I guess I've been super lucky or just have tried it on people that are vegie tolerant. I know the folks who have tried it would have reported back with 'those type' of symptoms for sure. So add my account of many folks not complaining of those symptoms even after a nice long warm wash. I would hate to leave an impression here that everyone gets a belly ache from a long wash. That's so untrue and unfair to those who would have enjoyed the results if they would have tried it. 

It's not just "chlorophyll" cause I can eat a salad and not get cramps but I get it with teh caps with too much green in them.  My friends can't eat a capsule full of ground decarbed weed as it causes stomach cramps in everyone I've met.  I had the same problem with Hemp Protein causing cramps for me. I've heard there are tiny hairs that irritate the stomach lining on raw bud, that could've been the cause for the instance when I over shook the kief I was using letting more plant material in.

If you don't make green oil it isn't something you should've expected to see.

its an interesting question, because there are some of us who eat raw dried bud.

and raw bud does not give us stomach pains. do you think if we decarbed it in an oven or dehydrator , would that make a difference ? my dried bud is decarbed just from time. i think over 9 months in a jar right now, still yummy.

Why such a quick wash if you are going to eat it? 

I am cheap and lazy :P

All I want is the resin and I want as little work as possible to extract it :)

I use this for smoking. 

When I want to use it orally, I decarb w/ coconut oil & put it in capsules.

It's not just "chlorophyll" cause I can eat a salad and not get cramps but I get it with teh caps with too much green in them.  My friends can't eat a capsule full of ground decarbed weed as it causes stomach cramps in everyone I've met.  I had the same problem with Hemp Protein causing cramps for me. I've heard there are tiny hairs that irritate the stomach lining on raw bud, that could've been the cause for the instance when I over shook the kief I was using letting more plant material in.

If you don't make green oil it isn't something you should've expected to see.

I have very little stomach problems except for eggs and raw onions.  I love eggs over easy & deviled but they don't like me. 

I am miserable for about 4 hours after consuming eggs except in baked goods.  Onions create lots of gas.  I don't eat the eggs

any more but can deal with the onions :)

I have tried the dried flowers capsules from 3 different local sources and each time I had a bad belly ache.

So should I mix my finished product with some other oil or substance

I use organic, expeller pressed Coconut oil and have great results.