Grassmatch Guitar Hero's

trichcycler

Tronical is pretty neat though not really an original concept. But it's really geared for the performer who needs to quickly re-tune and doesn't mind shelling out 300 smackers for the convenience. And, of course, one who only uses a guitar with a 6-in-line tuner. Les Paul fans (which does not include myself) are out of luck...

Beat Buddy ($350) looks cool. Even more so after watching Andy's (ProGuitarShop) demo.

PS: for those interested in Beat Buddy, an important comment in the aforementioned demo and confirmed by others: 

It looks fantastic and very well-thought of, but I imagine many guitarists and/or bass layers will buy it and play it through their amp without expecting it to sound poor, which is exactly what will happen since bass & guitar amps have an EQ range that's tailored to the instruments and very different from say a PA, active monitors, hi-fi or any other stereo full-range amp & speaker set. Its webpage should come with a warning that optimum results will ONLY come through a full range amp & speaker set and not through a guitar/bass amp. 

Edited by zachw

• 1 month later...

Before I broke my neck i played a lot. Had a spare living room full of gear amps guitars etc... One of my favorite pieces of gear was my boomerang loop pedal. I first seen it watching a Keller Williams dvd called sight, very cool watch if you never heard of it.

I played heavy metal so I took keller's idea but put down some black sabbath/pantera type riffs down to loop and work out leads over the top of infinitely. No more jonesin for someone to jam with or get to play your part "right" hehe

This drum pedal wouldve been bada$$ with that, Ahhhhhhhhhhh those were the days!

Now I teach my kids through verbal dictation, works quite well

I got my first looper last month also. I settled on the Ditto2 and I love it!..I've had multi tracking for a long time but the looper is very useful still by myself.
I got my first guitar when I was 13 and said it would be my last. I got my 11th one recently, and it's my last, again.

After I fingered this Schecter I hung the Jacksons, Fenders, and the rest back on the wall!  I cant believe the crazy action and sounds of this wood, original neck, finally the right" one, and these out of the world pups are over the top.

then, I saw this one(two)

I got my first looper last month also. I settled on the Ditto2 and I love it!..I've had multi tracking for a long time but the looper is very useful still by myself.

I got my first guitar when I was 13 and said it would be my last. I got my 11th one recently, and it's my last, again.

After I fingered this Schecter I hung the Jacksons, Fenders, and the rest back on the wall!  I cant believe the crazy action and sounds of this wood, original neck, finally the right" one, and these out of the world pups are over the top.

then, I saw this one(two)

Very nice Grass that looks like it is fun to play. Congrats on the other new xmas present. Would love to have some kind of drum pedal.

If my other drum machine didn't have so many decent bass runs to fidg with I'd donate this one to ya for a lunch or something man. I dreamed of something like it for over 10 years before I finally took the $$ plunge. It changed my solo jam sessions forever. The pedal isn't better, though better drum sounds maybe, but it is different, on the fly action, and doesn't stumble. An on the fly change is always compensated with realistic drum action, unlike my other one, which ha no on the fly changing anyways, and doesn't like strange timing changes.