Another Mother Becomes A Felon For A Plant...

November 15, 2014 · 
And we let it happen

My heart was broken  yesterday when I got word that Tamara Hudson was convicted in a jury trial that lasted only a couple of days in Michigan.
 Some of the factors that make this such a crushing blow include: 1) Our movement is celebrating victory as we have passed more laws (terrible laws that do not come near solving the problem of prohibition) but as the politicos say "baby steps." I realize that progress is good however resting on laurels while record numbers of people are being arrested for cannabis every day is bad.....
2) This case happened in a state that has had a law that should have protected the defendant but a crooked court and an undercover cop that lied undermined all that......
3)  A competent motivated attorney could have knocked this case out of the park but Tamara did not have one.......
4)  Tamara had at least one "Ringer" in her jury a patient that has even attended some meetings of an activist group.....

Tamara called me while I was supporting Keyth Morton in his trial. She told me the situation and that she was willing to help form a local chapter of THSi in the Detroit area. When I heard the details of her case I thought this was a slam dunk, as long as she had a decent lawyer. I told her that we would help rally support in the courtroom if she would just get her story out. Tamara was the model defendant. She Called the radio show several times and got her dates on the calendar. She asked for support and gave us the info for a press release. Quickly the tables turned when she went from a motion hearing to selecting a jury. I heard nothing from anyone.. it was a fluke that I happened to be on facebook (a rarity lately) and saw a post about this in my notifications. I reacted as soon as I saw and spread the word. 

I have gone to great lengths to be completely positive in my public expression however this is a blog post and doubtful one that will go viral so I am indulging myself this rant. It's funny that most of the people through the years that have criticized me most any time I said anything not pure and positive are off doing "other things" now so onward....

I am most disappointed at the apathy and fear in Michigan and to be fair, I know that several good people did travel great distance at great expense to be there and I am most certainly not talking about YOU.I have however said so many times that it is much better to have 100 people travel 10 miles than 10 people to travel 100 miles.  I am talking to all the good people that have no problem growing their plants, and benefiting from the progress that we have made via "cannabis industry" businesses and the like. ( I have no issue whatsoever with these activities) but to be honest if you are willing to do one but not offer any support.. what do you expect when it is your turn? 

If anyone reading this could get a glimpse of just how many growers, shop owners etc that had no concern as "they were compliant" called me AFTER they were raided and had their children and assets taken and had reached out to the "big box" groups for help only to get a deaf ear response... and we always say "sure we'll help" although many times I would like to add a few words to the dialogue. 

Of course as CEO of this organization I accept responsibility for the failure. We could have done more to get awareness out and we could have done more to educate jurors about their obligation and right to nullify the judges instruction. so much more we could have done. and still more we can do! 

Tamara is facing a sentencing hearing on December 22 (yes a couple days before Christmas) and she is facing 4 years exposure in state prison. To all of you that do not believe that this is a real threat please consult our POW list.. none of them believed that they would ever be locked up for pot either. We will be issuing a press release as a call to action as soon as I get the rest of the details from Tamara. We MUST fill the courtroom for Tamara at sentencing as this is the one time that community support is officially recognised as a factor of a judicial decision but it is! We need to write a letter on behalf of Tamara as well. details will be posted as soon as I have them..
please help our mission to end prohibition by showing support for our defendants and POWs BEFORE it is YOUR turn.....

if she really got a guilty verdict from a jury , theres still time for her to appeal...

or she could just whine about being guilty on facebook. that will change things.

stand up for your right! dont lay down! fight it with everything you got. or end up another sucker in a jail cell.

Edited by t-pain