Bay City Man Pleads Guilty To Improperly Transporting Medical Marijuana

It also helps argue against any notion of consent if the officer has to bust the thing open on the side of the road. Section 6(g) means no search after showing the card. It is not required by the law but helps guard against "creative" police.

Good point.  I also keep meds in a fairly inexpensive Pelican Case, which says "case" on the outside.  I can just picture a cop looking at a toolbox and, being obtuse, saying "this isn't a "case.""  So I remove any doubt by carrying meds in a case that says "case" on the outside of it.  Silly, but safe.

What is going to work 'with these types of people' is going to be an effort to make it 'out of reach'. Some of us don't even have trunks. That's why they used these guys as an example. They had it on them, and stashed in the car unattended with a minor non patient.

You get your two extremes here;

One is locked in the trunk, and the other is Willy Nilly. Lean away from Willy and Nilly. Make it out of reach to all of the passengers.

Truthfully....Out of reach to me is on the floor under my knees.....My hip and bad knee doesnt allow me to pick up anything once it falls on the floor in front of me without me exiting the vehicle and then reaching in and picking it up...Not that it would hold water in a court of law but......Just sayin...HJ

My hope is that cops understand the point of the transport law. The point of the law being that you can/should be able to show that you aren't smoking MJ while driving. So keep your roaches out of the ash tray. As phaqueuoytoo always says "loose lips sink ships"

My hope is that cops understand the point of the transport law. The point of the law being that you can/should be able to show that you aren't smoking MJ while driving. So keep your roaches out of the ash tray. As phaqueuoytoo always says "loose lips sink ships"

Exactly. They don't want to have to guess whether you were smoking and driving or not. That's the only practical application. 

I hate breaking down on the highway, leo always stops to help!!!!!!!!  Help what?  Im changing a tire, they dont help me change it, im just trying to fix a normal thing that happens all the time,,,and I have to show I.D?  If they wanted to help they would just sit there in their car with lights on and leave me the phaq alone to get my vehicle off of the side of the road,,,,I have never been broke down on the highway that a cop didnt come visit me,,,,,they suck donkey deeks!

when I break down Im gathering my shtuff, going up the hill and over the fence, I will have a wrecker go get my vehicle, I would walk thru the woods for days to avoid a phaqing pig!

Peace

Its because we live in a police state. I had an attorney once tell me that if you ever have a flat tire dont try to changeit, just get out and leave the car there