Flubberblastigaopted Is How I Feel. How Would You Feel With 4 Dozen

pic book

so what of it ?

beats the crusty old arguing buzzing around you most often

Some call 'Keeping It Real' bickering or arguing. No web site is worth it's salt without folks keeping it real. It's the wave of the future, we are not mushrooms kept in the dark and fed crapola. 

Edited by Restorium2

It took decades to weed out the arseholes. Now we have to do it all over again. I think we are seeing them leave again but it takes work on our part. 

I dont know about you but I weeded mine out many many yrs ago, and the mma is not making me do that common senses is!  My work is done as far as not letting people breach my sheiate

All the folks that thought that it was getting something for nothing rather than knowing it is work for money. Like a J O B. If they couldn't hold down a job for 6 months then they can't be a grower/caregiver either. 

I couldnt work for a company and punch a card every day, I had alot of jobs that lasted longer than 6 months, but I hated being told what to do, and to do it their way, I hated people making money off of me, so I started my own biz it worked out realy well for me, and if mm was the only way I could make money I would be making money from it!  That was never in my plan when I became legal, being legal was my plan,,,legal to medicate with something I had been doing for yrs any how, the biggest dif from when I was younger is the quaility, oh man these younger peeps have no clue the kind of stuff we  smoked back in the day,,,they are all spoiled dont realy need a rolling tray, you have no beans to get out of it before you use it, it taistes like christmas yr around!

My lil room dont use alot of electric it realy dont even make my bill much higher, my lights make up for where I needed heat down stairs so im not running electric heaters I just open my tents and let the plants share the heat in the winter!  The only way I could make money being a c.g is selling it to pt's for more than what they can afford, so I do it for the extra's I get and can share with peeps what I make from it!

Peace

I dont know about you but I weeded mine out many many yrs ago, and the mma is not making me do that common senses is!  My work is done as far as not letting people breach my sheiate

I couldnt work for a company and punch a card every day, I had alot of jobs that lasted longer than 6 months, but I hated being told what to do, and to do it their way, I hated people making money off of me, so I started my own biz it worked out realy well for me, and if mm was the only way I could make money I would be making money from it!  That was never in my plan when I became legal, being legal was my plan,,,legal to medicate with something I had been doing for yrs any how, the biggest dif from when I was younger is the quaility, oh man these younger peeps have no clue the kind of stuff we  smoked back in the day,,,they are all spoiled dont realy need a rolling tray, you have no beans to get out of it before you use it, it taistes like christmas yr around!

My lil room dont use alot of electric it realy dont even make my bill much higher, my lights make up for where I needed heat down stairs so im not running electric heaters I just open my tents and let the plants share the heat in the winter!  The only way I could make money being a c.g is selling it to pt's for more than what they can afford, so I do it for the extra's I get and can share with peeps what I make from it!

Peace

that is what i figured too, grow for myself, but others asked for some too, so the grow got a bit bigger,, I did it for myself , the little extra i got back for helping someone unable to grow themselves..Takes a huge burden off my shoulders.. Apparently that is frowned on.. just call me santa claus...

Why is the patient always the bad guy? You all fight about growing,don't you even see the pt is helpless unless they grow for themselves? Do you think you are the only person that has to live on a budget? My husband is on his third job,driving a crappy truck for a vile company that will sure as hell drop insurance benefits when it can. We have to live on what we have. 15 years ago when we bought this house,our FIRST HOUSE,he had a great job he had been at for 25 years,yes,I was very sick but we had good insurance coverage that allowed me to be treated at Cleveland Clinic. Now,we can barely afford my RXs,and I have cut some out because I had to. We prepared for retirement. He worked 50 hours a week,and had a paycheck we could count on. I Have NEVER asked any grower for "free" products. Anyone we interviewed as a CG did that on their own. At that time,my daughter was also a pt. But not anymore. They cannot afford it. I give her my meds even though they can't relieve her pain like opiates do. So now she is a suffering 33 year old that gets legal opiates from her pain mgt Dr. But that can change too. We all know Drs will cut anybody off,for any reason. First people complain about how much it costs to grow,it isn't worth it,in the next sentence they pat themselves on the back for "giving" a pt something they didn't pay for. Make up your minds. And if someone has to go around constantly telling others how "good" they are for helping someone,if they are so good,why do they tell everyone?  So they can be praised? Tooting your own horn isn't how it's done. Actions speak louder than words. I will not renew my card again. It isn't worth it,going back to the old way is a lot easier and having that stupid card doesn't mean crap....except to growers and dispensaries. Now maybe we know why the applications for the cards are going down. IT JUST AIN'T WORTH IT FOR A PATIENT to waste that money then treated like a creep by the provider. If it wasn't for that pt PAYING a DR and the State, all growers would be illegal. Just keep kicking that gift horse in the teeth,soon they will move on. Pts can find meds everywhere,sorry if it isn't up to "par" to the pot snobs. We all have to deal with what we have,don't we? Or with what we DON'T have. If I don't have $$,then so be it. Then I do without,like millions of other people do. Patients are always the bad guys. I am sick of that crap. I Have NEVER asked anybody for anything free. Yes I have a CG. A good man.He treats me with the same respect I treat him. He is generous...not because I ask him,but because he cares how I am as a sick person. But if something happens,and we can no longer afford to buy my meds,then so be it. I would never ask. He works hard too,like everybody does.And before you all go nuts on me and say I hate CGs,read my post carefully. I am one of the people that cannot grow for themselves. Hate me for it if you want to. I don't care. NOBODY sticks up for pts except me.And I am not ashamed of doing it.

Point is, "why" would they prefer to go to a dispensary.

I can think of several reasons.

1. No obligations, like a no contract cell phone plan.
  2. Variety (several strains to choose from, candy, oil etc.)
  3. Dispensaries will sell you a gram at a time. (Would you grow for 5 patients who only wanted 2 grams a month each?)
  4. The patient doesn't know any growers and has no idea how to get in touch with one, but there is a dispensary just down the road.
  5. Bad experience with a previous caregiver.
  6. They think expensive equates to quality. "I just paid $95 for a gram of this stuff, it must be great."
  7. Bad press and government propaganda about dangerous untested home grown meds.
  8. It's probably exciting for some to be able to go into a store and buy something that has been forbidden for so long. Remember buying your first legal beer?

Why do people buy tomatoes when they can grow them at home? Why do they buy loose cigarettes on street corners? Why do they go to restaurants when they can cook their own food at home?

thats not the point, patients do what they want, he is saying they can pay the disp, but dont want to pay him, ?  cost apparently has nothing to do with it.

Maybe but  something is not right if you have a caregiver and chose  to get it from the dispensary,  either the stuff is crap or too expensive ,  people always  try to ,find the better deal and you cannot blame them,

I can think of several reasons.

• No obligations, like a no contract cell phone plan.
  • Variety (several strains to choose from, candy, oil etc.)
  • Dispensaries will sell you a gram at a time. (Would you grow for 5 patients who only wanted 2 grams a month each?)
  • The patient doesn't know any growers and has no idea how to get in touch with one, but there is a dispensary just down the road.
  • Bad experience with a previous caregiver.
  • They think expensive equates to quality. "I just paid $95 for a gram of this stuff, it must be great."
  • Bad press and government propaganda about dangerous untested home grown meds.
  • It's probably exciting for some to be able to go into a store and buy something that has been forbidden for so long. Remember buying your first legal beer?
Why do people buy tomatoes when they can grow them at home? Why do they buy loose cigarettes on street corners? Why do they go to restaurants when they can cook their own food at home?

Exactly! We work hard to fulfill the expectations of our patients I know.

I believe since I am strictly obligated to be within plant counts and ready to use bud weight on hand that without some agreement to the amount a patient expects to need/be willing to accept at harvest time I could not grow for any of them. I cannot drive a hundred mile delivery for a gram you are correct. Only certain patients are able to share common expectations with their caregiver. Registering any other seems as wasted patient time to me. I try real hard to match my services with their needs, that's where my work is.

maybe op could ask a potential patient if they are frequent visitors of dispensaries, if so, move on to ones that are not, for starters. make sure patients are a good match with your expectations before they're registered. As soon as they are not, move on?

You don't think a patient should be able to pick any caregiver they choose? Many patients I have met, if left with family members only as caregiver, would have no caregiver. There are many different reasons for this, of course. I wouldn't support family members only; while I agree with you it makes for the best arrangement if possible, it is not possible the majority of the time.

you are absolutely correct. my solution would not work in practice and i didnt think it through. there is no easy solution , no magic wand to fix this.

pic book is in the situation competeting with delivery services and stores. theres not much we can do to help. theres no magic he can do to fix his predicament. whats he going to do with all of that bud when his 5 patients dont want to buy any of it from him?

its not pic book's fault. nor is it his patients fault. patients have the right to aquire from anyone.

of course its not helping pic book that people are ripping off his outdoor grow either.

pic book gets screwed every which way!!! sorry man.

One more thing, i see a depression in patients intake , at this time every year, and also at the end of the outdoor harvest.. there is so much outdoor weed around it can be gotten for a whooping 100. oz.. 

xmas i see my patients buying presents for the kids, wife, who ever.. so no funds... acceptable to me.. it will pick up...  in the mean time i legally hoard my limits,  and shut down the lights till needed...

Edited by Willy

My CG doesn't care if I get a little of this or that from other pts. I share with him,too! He is like me,not in the "groove",doesn't really know anybody, belongs to no clubs,so if I happen to get the chance to get a few grams of something I have been wanting to try I let him try it too. When you don't know anybody,you have no choice but the disps. And they are not pleasant places to go to, they hurry you,your purchase has already been measured and sealed,no more pretty buds in jars that you can look at thru the microscope and smell. Just pay and get the hell out. Relief Choices is like that. On the other hand,another pt came all the way to my house,was friendly and fun,gave me a good deal and I met some new friends.I got to try what I wanted to for much less money and everybody got cookies for the road. That guy was Pic. A lot different then walking into what looks like a prison cell and getting rushed so you can over-pay. My choice would be the friendly guy,Pic. If disps want to stay open,they need to compete for business....oh and they need to be legal too. This issue is getting so old we will all be dead before the State decides whether they are legal or not. Being a legal MMJ pt is more of a hassle and a game with the cops. And starting to become very tiresome,confusing,and just not worth it. Anybody can sell poison,even a designated CG,if they want to. We don't even protect each other. It's just "mine is better than yours and you are stupid because you don't do it they same way I do." That doesn't help anybody that is sick.

Funny thread.

If u want to 'compete' then compete... its a very simple sales game, w a product that everyone wants & is artificially priced (thru prohibition) at wonderfully healthy margins. Its very simple for a cg becaus for a patient its akin to buying direct from a manufacturer at half the retail cost... apples to apples.

If u dont want to play that game, then u dont want to compete... and there are plenty of reasons for that, I get it. But then u are playing to different set of rules, and a different sort of game... and even still, the disp are always competing against you even if u choose not to play by their rules. Fact of weed life.

Man up... or move over. Fact of life. Times r a changin.

THE 8.000,000,000 POUND GORILLA (c o n cen t r a t e s) has not been addressed.  If i could offer concentrates, i too could offer a one-stop shop.  i have experimented with oil, shatter, wax, and goofball production.  Remember until 2011 i was a disp.  However, so far for me, the COA calls the shots re allowable products for a cg to offer.  

Just imagine if there were no restrictions on your activity. You've missed the point that the dispensary is somehow allowed to sell to a thousand people per month with NO papers or card if they choose, because police ignore their activity often...... while you can only sell to five of them, and only if they have cards.

I don't think the law contemplates the differences, except to shut you down while those businesses flourish.

what the hell is a "goofball",  today ?

Edited by grassmatch

There's going to be a lot more of this going on if the dispensary bill passes. The city gets to pick who they want breaking state law. It's one of those things that you never want to see happen if you are not 'the ones' who have gotten city approval because you have the balls to have a pot store and don't give a flog about being an annonymous grower. But it does 'help patients' so we have to bend over for that. 

Here's a question;

If the dispensary bill does not pass is that a mandate for law enforcement to close every single dispensary operating right now down? Was that the 'end game' in the first place?

There's going to be a lot more of this going on if the dispensary bill passes. The city gets to pick who they want breaking state law. It's one of those things that you never want to see happen if you are not 'the ones' who have gotten city approval because you have the balls to have a pot store and don't give a flog about being an annonymous grower. But it does 'help patients' so we have to bend over for that. 

Here's a question;

If the dispensary bill does not pass is that a mandate for law enforcement to close every single dispensary operating right now down? Was that the 'end game' in the first place?

Nope selective enforcement is the norm in michigan right now.. 

Nope selective enforcement is the norm in michigan right now.. 

Crooked as H E L L and will only lead to more of us suffering IMO. Can you believe we are trying to hand State Law Enforcement the power to decide who they want to bust instead of telling them who they can bust? It's like mandating a police state for cannabis. 

Edited by Restorium2

poor pic is contemplating the unfairness of being a legal supplier of a black marketed drug. Pharmacists may feel similar with meth houses remaining open  for long periods of time maybe. gun store owners maybe feel put off by the illegal sales down the block never being stopped. Legal corn farmers vs seed saving criminals, on and on.

I don't know of a viable solution to pics problem. But someone could ask local leo about the legality of a dispensary selling to countless people, along with selling concentrates, vs a cg selling concentrates to five patients for a horses mouth version.

poor pic is contemplating the unfairness of being a legal supplier of a black marketed drug. Pharmacists may feel similar with meth houses remaining open  for long periods of time maybe. gun store owners maybe feel put off by the illegal sales down the block never being stopped. Legal corn farmers vs seed saving criminals, on and on.

I don't know of a viable solution to pics problem. But someone could ask local leo about the legality of a dispensary selling to countless people, along with selling concentrates, vs a cg selling concentrates to five patients for a horses mouth version.

And further inflate their egos about being 'The Deciders'.

Frog why do you say mean stuff like that? Like you wouldn't open your OWN disp,with the magnificent abundance of green you grow.  Are there still any farmers markets? Go there and compete with the guy that has a line of people waiting for his product. Give away a few samples,everybody does that. I LOVED farmers markets. It was a way for me to try different things, without being pressured by some twitchy guy behind the counter of the disp. <_< I would pick PIC over any disp. My son says that on the west side there are many disps,all lit up and fancy,like the ones you see in Colorado. Not in our county. You feel illegal just pulling in the parking lot,even back in so nobody can see your plates. Anxiety levels are high. IT AIN'T FUN. Then you have to drive home,wondering if you will get pulled over for some bullcrap reason. AGAIN,NO FUN. You are made to feel like some junkie living under the overpass at 8 mile and Woodward. You go too far,comparing a Pharmacist with a meth dealer. That  is an insult and I would NEVER say anything like that to my wonderful pharmacist. I told HIM I am a pt,but I don't tell my Dr. He knows more about the RXs I get than the Drs do. And has warned me of contraindications of some of my RXs. The Dr didn't know that. I am lucky to have him,or I would have been dead 3 times now.

I said nothing mean hun, especially towards Picbook. You've misunderstood. Pharmacists(not pic book for thought) are in the business of selling drugs legally. They have a bottom line also. They have competition with other drug sellers. I doubt their bottom line is affected too much by the illicit sales of methamphetamine, as I facetiously referred to. I know a couple personally. Believe me, they have more thoughts on the matter of illicit drug sales than just competition. I was comparing their feelings towards illicit drug places remaining open, not their personality, dealings, professions with meth dealers btw

I like the ideal of farmers market actually. No, I am not interested in operating a dispensary. I don't have time to peddle grams at a picnic table, but love the talked about scene, though never been to one myself. I gladly give free samples to my patients with every delivery.

My observation of a recent dispensary owner, turned legal grower caregiver, is now upset with the illegal competition of other dispensaries who are able to steal his business from him. No judgment, but noteworthy, ironic, with a chuckle even honestly. I hope he doesn't decide to "join em" if he cant "beat em". I never want to see the headlines on that one.

de pace

Edited by grassmatch