Flubberblastigaopted Is How I Feel. How Would You Feel With 4 Dozen

pic book

Froggy,I  don't mean any disrespect towards you,I just don't know things,so I ask questions.  Feels like the only people that even care about this stupid game of "hot potato" that politicians are playing with our law is us! We still have to be afraid. I went to the first public township meeting where the issue of our supervisor banning any kind of MMJ sales in our township. There were 3 residents there. And 4 county sheriffs. Needless to say,all 3 of us taxpaying residents didn't say anything. All 3 were over 50 and long time residents. We were scared to! We were scared,what if the cops followed us home? You have to request the right to speak,that means you give your name and address. We were SCARED. That was in 2009. And the ban was passed,every township board member voted YES. 2014,and STILL this ban is in effect.

Froggy,I  don't mean any disrespect towards you,I just don't know things,so I ask questions.  Feels like the only people that even care about this stupid game of "hot potato" that politicians are playing with our law is us! We still have to be afraid. I went to the first public township meeting where the issue of our supervisor banning any kind of MMJ sales in our township. There were 3 residents there. And 4 county sheriffs. Needless to say,all 3 of us taxpaying residents didn't say anything. All 3 were over 50 and long time residents. We were scared to! We were scared,what if the cops followed us home? You have to request the right to speak,that means you give your name and address. We were SCARED. That was in 2009. And the ban was passed,every township board member voted YES. 2014,and STILL this ban is in effect.

LOL well wat ya expect.. no body said nothing.. silence gives consent  right?

::)

Willy,I am 62. Back in the day,the cops could beat the crap out of any hippie they wanted to. We have spent YEARS hiding. And when you get old,you remember that kind of stuff. We demonstrated,we got our butts kicked and arrested,for questioning an illegal war and hoping that your number didn't come up to get drafted.18 years old and you get sent to war where all drugs are EVERYWHERE. If our friends didn't get KIA over there,they came back drug addicts with no help.....for decades. And spit on,called baby killers,there were no hero parades for those Vets. It's up to you younger advocates to push what we failed to do. And yes,you are right. Silence does give consent. I hadn't felt that feeling of helplessness since the 70s. I didn't have the guts to stand up in our small town where we have lived for 30 years and it was because I could still feel that fear. When the meeting was done,I went out and threw up next to my car. 2008 was and will be the last time I vote. I voted in every election since I was 18 and voted for George McGovern. You're right,I was a sissy. And ashamed of it.  But my dislike of cops hasn't changed,in fact they seem even more corrupt than ever.

Willy,I am 62. Back in the day,the cops could beat the crap out of any hippie they wanted to. We have spent YEARS hiding. And when you get old,you remember that kind of stuff. We demonstrated,we got our butts kicked and arrested,for questioning an illegal war and hoping that your number didn't come up to get drafted.18 years old and you get sent to war where all drugs are EVERYWHERE. If our friends didn't get KIA over there,they came back drug addicts with no help.....for decades. And spit on,called baby killers,there were no hero parades for those Vets. It's up to you younger advocates to push what we failed to do. And yes,you are right. Silence does give consent. I hadn't felt that feeling of helplessness since the 70s. I didn't have the guts to stand up in our small town where we have lived for 30 years and it was because I could still feel that fear. When the meeting was done,I went out and threw up next to my car. 2008 was and will be the last time I vote. I voted in every election since I was 18 and voted for George McGovern. You're right,I was a sissy. And ashamed of it.  But my dislike of cops hasn't changed,in fact they seem even more corrupt than ever.

Well first off , i'm older than you are , I am a USAF, veteran of vietnam,, so your not enlightening me. I lived those times as a soldier and as a hippy,  I lost half of my friends back then, from that bunny muffin war. I also protested, then and now more recently for the MMJ law we have now, I put in my card, and checked the little box.. No pain no Gain... Stand up for your rights cause it seems few will do it for you.. but a vote counts, we have to us that right, its one of only a few things we really have to try..I do understand your fear, but like I was told,if you dont do it who else will...

And ya they are more corrupt.. and people are now just seeing it.. Ferguson, and now a new one in NYC. no indictment.. they have finally been noticed for what they are.

Stand up for your rights cause it seems few will do it for you.. but a vote counts, we have to us that right, its one of only a few things we really have to try..I do understand your fear, but like I was told,if you dont do it who else will...

And ya they are more corrupt.. and people are now just seeing it.. Ferguson, and now a new one in NYC. no indictment.. they have finally been noticed for what they are.

Yeah,the title of your thread! How the heck did you think of that one? I got past FLABBER but the rest eluded me. You so crazy Frog! One of these days we are going to meet so I can see the face behind the funny comments

hey, this aint my thread, aint my made up word either, it all belongs to picbook...........but it would be cool to meet you before we get old :P

• 1 month later...

disps within 14 miles of your address, a full slate of signed pats who want to stay signed pats but who take their dollars elsewhere?   What good are a half-dozen strains vs a 420 buffet?  And among them is a full plate of prods not allowed by law?  Who buy dabs and wax and clones and seeds, goofballs and 25 strains and who are perfectly happy being signed and having a cg and buying almost everything from a disp?  Did the mmma of 2008 contemplate this?   How about when the phone rings and the disp on the line says they want to buy my strain of xxxxx, cause my pat told them their xxxxxx  is inferior to mine?  

How does one compete when the market is made and driven by disps and prods illegal to offer? 

Knock it off.

I'm bloody sick of "care"givers moaning that they can't find or keep patients. 

I waste money at the di$pen$ary every month because "care"givers are, as a group, too incompetent to provide meds to patients.

Then, like me, patients take the money they were going to give you and go spend it at the dispensary instead.  Or, as I more often do since I cannot afford to buy enough at the di$pen$ary, I spend it on enough opies and alcohol to get me through until my "care"giver discovers some weed growing and sells it to me.

EVERY.

SINGLE.

MONTH.

Edited by Wulf Nesthead

our law contemplates cgs competing with cgs.

the supreme court has said a patient or caregiver may acquire marijuana from anyone. including the cartels or the president.

you know who said a patient may ONLY acquire marijuana from his or her registered connected caregiver?

michigan attorney general bill schuette.

Once a patient designates that single primary caregiver, the Act does not authorize the patient to acquire marihuana from anyone else.

http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2010s/op10338.htm

Knock it off.

I'm bloody sick of "care"givers moaning that they can't find or keep patients. 

I waste money at the di$pen$ary every month because "care"givers are, as a group, too incompetent to provide meds to patients.

Then, like me, patients take the money they were going to give you and go spend it at the dispensary instead.  Or, as I more often do since I cannot afford to buy enough at the di$pen$ary, I spend it on enough opies and alcohol to get me through until my "care"giver discovers some weed growing and sells it to me.

EVERY.

SINGLE.

MONTH.

I feel bad for your supplier shortcomings. What keeps a keen patient like yourself registered to a putz

like you describe? I think you deserve grade A meds each and every time you request them?

Covering these issues in a pre registration interview has protected me largely from undesirable patient registrations.

First time, no problem, second time, replacement is imminent. When patients/cg's know that score, they are free to make any decision they wish, from no shows to no supplies, we're only ten dollars away from removal.

Its like the disgusting perverted prank phone call you received, the one that lasted for an hour.... :sword:

• 2 weeks later...

lookksjtjaktjatjkdldld.jpg

It is pretty clear Attorney General Schutte is responsible for the crappy system in Michigan.

He denuded the law initially and continues to actively block reforms by using his leverage

to pressure groups like the Michigan Sheriffs Association to do political lobbying for him

and kill HB 4271.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/12/proposals_for_medical_marijuan.html

The model you want currently exists in parts of California:

dispensaries are legal but cannot grow their own, CG and patient growing allowed

and transfer between patients, caregivers, and dispensaries allowed.

In CA, CG are free to sell anything their patients don't need.

The law limits the number of plants they can have growing per patient

and the number of patients, but beyond that your yield is whatever you

can get our of your limited garden.  

Once you satisfy your patients and store your limit (3 lbs in Santa Cruz),

you are free to sell the rest to dispensaries or other patients.  Dispensaries

are picky but will buy cause their market is large and they cannot supply their own.

The "Legal" states have even stranger supply/demand requirements:

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/fixgov/posts/2014/07/08-washington-colorado-legal-marijuana-comparison-wallach-hudak

Washington

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Too-much-pot-Growers-struggle-with-glut-of-legal-weed--288787991.html

"So far, there are about 270 licensed growers in Washington — but only about 85 open stores for them to sell to.

That's partly due to a slow, difficult licensing process; retail applicants who haven't been ready to open;

and pot business bans in many cities and counties. "

"A big harvest of sun-grown marijuana from eastern Washington last fall flooded the market.

Prices are starting to come down in the state's licensed pot shops, but due to the glut, growers are

— surprisingly — struggling to sell their marijuana. Some are already worried about going belly-up,

finding it tougher than expected to make a living in legal weed. "

Colorado

"Colorado, the only other state with legal marijuana sales, has a differently structured industry. Regulators

have kept a lid on production, though those limits were loosened last fall as part of a planned expansion of

the market. Colorado growers still have to prove legal demand for their product, a regulatory curb aimed at

preventing excess weed from spilling to other states. The result has been more demand than supply."

Looks like it's tough for growers all over the place...

Any Republican who runs for governor of Michigan should win in my opinion at this point in time. But don't bet on Schuette or any Republican in the longer term. Already the GOP controlled House in DC has wandered off into the Right-to-Life moral morass. Count on the Christian Republican moralists to alienate fiscal conservative, small government, personal responsibility Libertarian leaning voters and women to the pont where if or when he runs for governor he'll have about as much success as Terry Lynn Land.

And when the next Democrat like Grandholm is elected don't expect anything different either, sort of like Obama. The more things change the more they stay the same.

George W was a pretty unfortunate choice for President but he did accomplish on thing I never thought possible in my lifetime; he got an African-American (or more correctly a half-Kenyan-Muslim Arab/half Kansas Caucasian) elected president.

Similarly Obama managed an even more astonishing feat; he has done even more long-term damage to our country's economy in six years than Bush could manage in eight.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Any Republican who runs for governor of Michigan should win in my opinion at this point in time. But don't bet on Schuette or any Republican in the longer term. Already the GOP controlled House in DC has wandered off into the Right-to-Life moral morass. Count on the Christian Republican moralists to alienate fiscal conservative, small government, personal responsibility Libertarian leaning voters and women to the pont where if or when he runs for governor he'll have about as much success as Terry Lynn Land.

And when the next Democrat like Grandholm is elected don't expect anything different either, sort of like Obama. The more things change the more they stay the same.

George W was a pretty unfortunate choice for President but he did accomplish on thing I never thought possible in my lifetime; he got an African-American (or more correctly a half-Kenyan-Muslim Arab/half Kansas Caucasian) elected president.

Similarly Obama managed an even more astonishing feat; he has done even more long-term damage to our country's economy in six years than Bush could manage in eight.

Apparently you don't look at the actual economy for your info.

Edited by Restorium2

"Apparently you don't look at the actual economy for your info."

What metric of the economy is better from a long-term perspective now than when Bush left office?

I am quite willing to defend my statement but first I'd appreciate some substantive point of reference to respond to rather than some sophomoric innuendo.

Start with the national per-capita debt level for instance. Or work force participation. Or total wages. Or my personal measure; national wealth per-capita.

While some individuals may have benefited economically in the short term the past six years, the country as a whole has suffered a significant decline in long-term economic prospects that started under Bush and has accelerated under Obama in my opinion.

I get no pleasure from this assessment. I'm old and don't worry about myself. I've been incredibly lucky and almost by chance have found myself living out my last days of existence playing on house money.

What I would like to do is try to leave this world a little better place for those who follow me;especially for my children and their children.

I was banned from this MMMA site for several years by Blueberry for posting my opinion that the very popular road trip Lansing protests were likely to do more harm than good.

I still hold this opinion. I suspect our State Senator would be more likely listen to an otherwise anonymous seventy-year-old VN combat who pedals the heck out of a stationary bike next to him on occasion than multitudes of the sign carrying protesters.

If Hayduke, Wild Bill or Malemute and many other reasonable folks here opined differently I'd welcome this as a basis for discussion. I've wrong too often in the past to think in terms of absolute truths.

And while my views will differ from theirs on many issues I do respect their integrity too much to dismiss them out of hand. Indeed when we do have differences. That in and of itself is reason alone for reconsideration.

However, when someone's only reply to a point is a smart-donkey comment that simply demonstrates their own insecurities and .......

Edited by outsideinthecold