Leaf Bags?

got some property and want to make some free dirt?

why not swipe all those free leaf bags full of leaves when your neighbors put them to the curb? then empty the leaves into a pile and make a compost heap out of them.

you could even empty the bags out, fold the bags back up, and save the leaf bags for resale if you wanted! hahaha. next spring at the farmers market, hey, half off slightly-used leaf bags! would you buy leaf bags half off? heck yes! those get expensive.

dont have to go nuts with it, just pick up a bag or two in your car when you run errands every trash day. 

not to mention, if you do it right, you could also be selling compost! or use it to feed your worms.

why rake your own leaves for worm food when people will rake (and even shred, if they use a leaf mower) for you?

local composting laws and ordinances may apply.

I got involved in this in my downtown neighborhood this year for the 1st time.
I had a good time and met people I have live w/ for over 5 years also for the 1st. time.
;) Yeah, I'm not particularly 'neighborly'... yanna, keep it secret keep it safe :)
I stopped putting my leaves to the curb 2 years ago.  The reason I began is due
to my wanting to grow my meds and food in the most organic way I am able,
use what I have avail to my benefit.  Maple leaves around here are in abundance.
My yard is very small but I have drawn up some plans and can make the space efficient.
I am excited... ever onward :D

Hadn't thought of re selling the leaf bags... good call t-pain! 

This method of composting is very attainable for me and hope it may help others get started composting: