Outdoor Gardening 2015

seeds were from professional farm and garden seed stores based here in Michigan. always support local.

http://debruynseed.com/

http://www​.hazzardsgreenhouse.com/

I watered manually with a sprinkler, but not well enough. I learned a lot from this year.

Yeah the"other seeds" were the expired dollar store ones haha. Oh well. lesson learned

I water my garden every evening after the sun gets off of them!

It is very important to water cucumbers, mellons, tomatoes ect every day, if it dont rain you should roll one up and go water your garden every day, you will be surprised how much better they do!

I planted 2 rose bushes for my mom this yr, the soild should always be a little moiste, They both took and flowered on the first yr, I havent had that happen to many times,  I have some pics of my fav rose bush I planted, it is awsome, has flowers that turn colors, they go from orange to yellow to almost red, or they start in the oposite color's,

It is a surpise every day, I have no idea what color they will be, and it is still flowering!

My lil tea cup red rose is flowering still also, most people say im lucky, they havent been able to get roses to grow here!

I will admit I feel very lucky with these rose's!

Peace

interesting phaq,

morning water vs evening water.....

I like watering in the evening too, but figure daytime conditions are better to water in, but I still water in the evening anyways :hair:

In my vegetable garden I water in the evening, Usualy with a sprinkler for about an hour every day it doesnt rain, If I wanted to water them with a bucket I could do it in the mornings, I like to soak the whole plant so,,,,,,,I dont want to burn all of the leaves because I soaked them and then they toasted in the hot sun all day!

That is pretty much the only reason I water in the evening pretty much as soon as the sun gets off of them.  Also we seem to get a whole lot more dew up here than when I lived in macomb county and had a big garden!

When I did my free hill billy mj grow a few yrs back I had 12 plants in a half of 55 gallon plastic bucket (blue) I only had to water them once a week and only gave them a gallon with a little bit of plant food with nitrogen in it, the only plant food wallmart sells besides miracle grow!

The only reason I did that lil grow was to show how easy it is to grow outside, and yes I had a top on it lol!

I did give them beer, 1st morning tinkle, vodka, and even any time of day tinkle lol!  They grew like a weed untill I had to pluck them because my lying thieving step son was picking them before they even budded! (im so glad he isnt in my life any longer)

I have pics, im pretty sure you must have seen them, you have been around long enough!

Peace

Wow Phaque, that does sound pretty simple. What are the chances we can get together maybe a couple times a week so I can squeeze the tinkle out of ya?

Bawahahhahahahaha!

Thats Funny!

Did ya notice I said im glad the lying theif isnt around lol!

Not a good idea beourbutt my stuff is toxic  :butt2:

Bawahahahahahahahaha!

I have a small orchard in genesee county. The trees are probably 50+ years old. The apple trees still produce well but I don't spray them so they are always buggy. I just let the deer ear them. I had lots of apples this year but strangely few pears. My pear trees always produced well. The last two years some branches were so heavy with pears that they started to split from the trunk. For some reason I got only about 12 pears from two trees this year.

I had apple , pear, cherry, plumb, grapes, goose berrys,  Our pears always gave a good harvest every other yr, I thought that is how pears are!

My grandpa used to say we wont get many this yr, but next yr we will, and thats how it always was!

Peace