Smith Returns To Prison For Medical Marijuana Violations Read More: Http://www.thedailyreporter.com/article/20141208/news/141209229#ixzz3Lpn3Qz6Z

Smith served a prison term in the 1980's for delivering cocaine in two cases. He had other drug convictions in the 1990's."You have a history of dealing for profit, which demands higher sanctions because of the repetitive nature of your crimes," O'Grady said."It wasn’t large quantities," Smith answered.O'Grady asked Smith if he were a philanthropist?"I hate to put it that way, but it was non-profit," Smith said. He added the money made "went back into the community.""So you’re just the Robin Hood of controlled substances?" O'Grady asked."I realize what I done wasn’t with the law, but I just wanted to give comfort before they died," Smith said of the people he supplied."This sends a wrong message for no more jail time," Kimble said.Branch County Prosecutor Ralph Kimble called Smith "a drug dealer under the guise of medical marijuana."After 20 days in jail" before he was released on bond, "I could hardly walk," he said.Smith suffers from a broken back, crushed legs as the result of an accident, and has had six heart attacks.Officers said Smith admitted he sold marijuana to others who had no MMMA cards but "who needed it." Records indicate Smith’s MMMA card had expired.Troopers then obtained a search warrant and returned to Smith’s residence where the marijuana – over 1,000 grams contained in zip locked bags – was seized. Vials of hash oil were found as well.On Sept. 7 Michigan State Police troopers received a tip that marijuana was being delivered to Smith’s home. Lynne Hodges of Stanton was stopped nearby and admitted she had delivered a pound of marijuana to Smith and received $2,400, which was seized.Instead he was sent to prison for 16 months to 2 years because of the amount of drugs involved, as well as his history.COLDWATER — Coldwater Township resident Chris Smith expected to get time served when he appeared before Branch County Circuit Judge Bill O’Grady; he had pled guilty to the illegal sale of medical marijuana.

Read more: http://www.thedailyreporter.com/article/20141208/News/141209229#ixzz3LPMNvoHl