Lara: ***notice Of New Medical Marihuana Rules***

t-pain

here it comes!

EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1ST

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/BHCS_MMP_New_Rules_-_Announcement121714_476922_7.pdf

New Medical Marihuana Rules – Effective January 1, 2015

On January 15, 2015, new medical marihuana rules will take effect and be implemented. The new rules

do all of the following:

Establish a $60 application fee for all qualifying patients (reduced from $100).

Eliminate the reduced $25 application fee.

Require that caregivers pay a $25 processing fee for each required criminal background check.

Due to the rule changes, applicants who apply for registry cards on or after January 15, 2015 must use

the new forms that will be available in approximately 2 weeks.

Please visit our website at http://www.michigan.gov/mmp in the near future to review or download the new

forms.

You can review the proposed rule changes that take effect on January 15, 2015 at:

http://www7.dleg.state.mi.us/orr/AdminCode.aspx?AdminCode=Department&Dpt=LR&Level_1=Bureau+of+Health+Care+Services .

Under Michigan Medical Marihuana at the top of the page, click on

“Proposed Revision Info” located on the right.

http://www.michigan.gov/mmp

Edited by t-pain

My email is a nightmare actually. I get over 300 emails a day from news/announcements/listservs etc across the country.

That is how I keep up with all the stuff I do.

thank you mal.

i want to personally reach out and say thank you.

you are a good person and i for one appreciate everything you have done - and that you continue to do for our cannabis community.

it does not go without saying.. we need the help of people like you.

most people have no clue how much work you actually accomplish to help further the "cannabis as medicine" cause.

it is excellent you are on our side.

mal, in the pdf they gave a link to the admin code that doesnt yet exist. do you think they will submit a modified ruleset to the secretary of state? i'm guessing yes.

er, i guess that would require them to have another public hearing. nevermind. they arent going to change it after the senator told them to?

we're about to see some bunny muffin, with LARA med mj moving buildings, (someone may want to watch this to make sure patient records are secure...) and rule changes and new forms... somethin strange maybe goin on.

Edited by t-pain

MCL 333.26423(b). The petition shall include current medical, empirical, and evidence based

data, including both of the following:

(a) A summary of the evidence that the use of marihuana will provide palliative or

therapeutic benefit for the medical condition or a treatment of the medical condition.

(b) Articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journals reporting the results of research

on the effects of marihuana on the medical condition or treatment of the medical condition

and supporting why the medical condition should be added to the list of debilitating

medical conditions under section 3(b) of the act, MCL 333.26423(b).

They want summarized proof that a substance they banned LONG before it was studied effectively will help when they have proven they have no understanding of the pharmacology involved. Their definition of "usable marihuana" should have them all feeling ashamed of their impressively dimminuitive knowledge level regarding the subject. They are the ones in need of being studied for efficacy, not "marihuana".

Legislate anything you don't understand and the world will make perfect sense.

I read this as "Michigan will follow other states and will not lead in policy or research."

Edited by YesMichigan