New Caregiver

Billy74

There are forums just like you describe. Some don't allow political discussions at all, some are only for cg's and patients to interact, and some have subsections dedicated to many of those areas. Most publish a "mission statement" with the site goals and ideals explained for a quick review before you join.

Some of the ones I've known of that are for cg/patients only are benign with little discussion of laws or even grow techniques and great places to seek a provider/patient.

Search terms like "caregiver, patient, MI, find"  "locate a MI caregiver/patient" should turn up a starting place.

I like the referral system except for the possible privacy issues. It would be nice for one satisfied patient to be able to "grade" a listed cg, and vice versa, grade a patient even. But you can surely see the problems with that sort of place?  

One issue;

I've encountered patient issues that have caused a replacement.   I don't have time to "teach" people common courtesies like calling when you cant make a meeting, or not to show up drunk etc. When an issue like this occurs(rarely) and I tell a patient I cant serve drunks,  I can imagine in an internet referral situation, the names of patients/avatars/caregivers would be changing often, negating the intent. Posters would be posting judgments and accusations, in fighting etc. Or privacy issues arise with unhappy patients/caregivers. Private messaging could be filled with warnings, some real some not. Identities are exposed, personal information disclosed, you get the idea.

With that said there are solid sites just like you mentioned, I hope you can find one when needed.

This is the best forum you will ever find for Michigan Medical Marijuana patients. You can't expect to come here and be able to cross the lines of society and get away with it. There has to be some order and 'some' patients push and cross the line very often. For example: They post very lude comments that have to be addressed. Just crazy stuff off the wall. Tantrums out of no where. The team here does an excellent job coping on a daily basis. There is no 'other places' that even come close to trying to accommodate everyone. It seems the ones who push the limits the most and get the most 'help' just want to come back and complain. They should be heaping praise but instead cause more trouble. That's life.

that was a good response, albeit to jointedone, not me I think. I mean no flexing of forum egos, or to upset the cheerleading squad, only to assure her of the presence of forums just like she was musing of. If this forum fit that bill for her, she wouldn't have commented on the thought  aye?

Besides, I bet there are dozens of posters who would disagree with you about which forum is "best" for them.  You probably are not the right person to decide which forum is best for me, or anyone for that matter. Some forums do not discuss grow techniques, or politics, or legal matters.  Some forums produce NO arguments in years of operation for thought. That type would not be a suitable one for you perhaps, but more suited for jointedone maybe? 

Not sure how old you are, or how long you've been online but in any case you should have realized by now that WE are all different people with different needs , and realize she may not be here for the same reasons you are. She may just be surfing till she finds what she is looking for, and it may even take several forum registrations to accomplish

Had jointedone shown interest in a forum that "tries to accommodate everyone", I would have directed her back to this one. :)  but she didn't.

I know for sure the forums I mentioned are exactly as I describe them. better for some, not as accommodating for others.  some full of kiddies, some full of dealers, some full of solid patients a cg's seeking each others stories, as jointedone mentions. Some only aim to introduce one to another, and others just for  advanced growing, while some are only political, and some are a free for all. different tokes for different folks I'd say.

Like the ugly bully on the playground like in Christmas Story. If I remember correctly,he gets his azz kicked,doesn't he.? I sent Resto a PM that said "were you talking about me?" after I read the post. Just those words,nothing confrontational. As usual he had nothing to say. Why don't you keep it that way,okay? The fact that I irritate you makes me happy.

OMG what is happening to Americans thought process

to bad so sad?

what should my response to this thread be?

come on people...

whats the real question here?

this forum is what it is.. others are what they are.. Valuable to those seeking the answers to a particular question.

do not think for a second any of us truly have a clue what another persons intentions are..and that is what it is all really about..

in the end...none of us have a clue.

its so complicated to understand a humans intention.

we are all Human.. (i assume)

every one of us as Americans are entitled to our personal opinions

no one is special.. thats the point...

let me try to explain it in my own terms....

if you can not grow your own... hire one person to grow for you.. but know this..it is a LOT of work and that work does not come for free.

there is no direct benefit for any particular caregiver to grow for any specific patient..

**UNDERSTAND THIS**

if you cannot grow your own cannabis i will grow yours for you.  but there is no benefit to me.

it is a chore each and every time for each and every person and each and every plant.

there is no "sell the other plants to the dispensary / off your wares at a commercial establishment" deals to be had.

the bottom line is this...

in Michigan

you have two choices -

1 - grow your own

2 - hire one person to grow your 12 plants for you.

everything else is speculation.

i as a caregiver cannot possibly profit from your excess plants.

there is no other channel for me to legally off your wares.

listen up-

i grow tired of saying it...

seriously i do...

GROW YOUR OWN.

before you say ONE thing to me about how easy it is...

its a constant nightmare to grow cannabis... done most often in fear... and hiding.. afraid of the law... afraid of the bugs... afraid of the power outages... afraid of life.

its a HUGE battle to Grow medical quality cannabis.

for those of you who do not understand that and have something to say anyways.. i challenge you to respond.

Peace and merry Christmas.

Edited by mibrains

We should recall the group we're a part of is often ill. From day to day sickness or disease can change an outlook for the day, week or longer. Medications we try as an attempt to quell our negative feelings often rearrange thoughts with hypersensitivity. I try real hard to remember this when I encounter a difficult poster, but often fail in my attempt to be civil. I'll try harder with each post.

OMG what is happening to Americans thought process

to bad so sad?

what should my response to this thread be?

come on people...

whats the real question here?

this forum is what it is.. others are what they are.. Valuable to those seeking the answers to a particular question.

do not think for a second any of us truly have a clue what another persons intentions are..and that is what it is all really about..

in the end...none of us have a clue.

its so complicated to understand a humans intention.

we are all Human.. (i assume)

every one of us as Americans are entitled to our personal opinions

no one is special.. thats the point...

let me try to explain it in my own terms....

if you can not grow your own... hire one person to grow for you.. but know this..it is a LOT of work and that work does not come for free.

there is no direct benefit for any particular caregiver to grow for any specific patient..

**UNDERSTAND THIS**

if you cannot grow your own cannabis i will grow yours for you.  but there is no benefit to me.

it is a chore each and every time for each and every person and each and every plant.

there is no "sell the other plants to the dispensary / off your wares at a commercial establishment" deals to be had.

the bottom line is this...

in Michigan

you have two choices -

1 - grow your own

2 - hire one person to grow your 12 plants for you.

everything else is speculation.

i as a caregiver cannot possibly profit from your excess plants.

there is no other channel for me to legally off your wares.

listen up-

i grow tired of saying it...

seriously i do...

GROW YOUR OWN.

before you say ONE thing to me about how easy it is...

its a constant nightmare to grow cannabis... done most often in fear... and hiding.. afraid of the law... afraid of the bugs... afraid of the power outages... afraid of life.

its a HUGE battle to Grow medical quality cannabis.

for those of you who do not understand that and have something to say anyways.. i challenge you to respond.

Peace and merry Christmas.

Well stated.

For anyone who thinks that a CG has some benefit for having 12 more plants, please just think of....what did they call it?  The Lansing 7?  Where the feds wanted the MDCH to hand over patients' records for the CGs who were accused of selling overages to dispensaries...and Bill Schuette supported the feds?  In other words, these patients who had CGs selling overages were going to get pulled into the legal drag net.  So if a patient wants free meds from a CG who sells overages, the patient should be aware that the heavy hand of the law might clamp down.  And it will be the CG who pays the price in the end but the patient might also get dragged into the mess.

Edited by mibrains

Not sure how many times or ways it can be said. As stated above there is no protection or benefit for these freebie situations for a caregiver. More concern on the protection of course. . If it is thought that telling a patient that 2 plants in exchange for the other 10 is not a good situation or is ripping the caregiver off then so be it. Not only is it not fair but it puts that caregiver in a dangerous situation.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how that is hard to understand.

Not sure how many times or ways it can be said. As stated above there is no protection or benefit for these freebie situations for a caregiver. More concern on the protection of course. . If it is thought that telling a patient that 2 plants in exchange for the other 10 is not a good situation or is ripping the caregiver off then so be it. Not only is it not fair but it puts that caregiver in a dangerous situation.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how that is hard to understand.

People who are hiding within our law do this stuff, they sell most to non pt's or some one elses pts! and c.g who has a full card and grows over 30 plants has more going on than supplying them selves and their pt's. it your cropping between 5 and 10 plants a month grown properly you either have pt's that use 2.5 a wk or more or...........fill in the blanks!

Peace

People who are hiding within our law do this stuff, they sell most to non pt's or some one elses pts! and c.g who has a full card and grows over 30 plants has more going on than supplying them selves and their pt's. it your cropping between 5 and 10 plants a month grown properly you either have pt's that use 2.5 a wk or more or...........fill in the blanks!

Peace

I don't think its fair of you to cast that accusation based on a fantasy weight of a number of plants Phaq. Who decided that any number of plants under 72 is due suspicion? why would you care to accuse anyone of any wrong doing while they are 100% compliant with the Act that we voted for?

peace

Peace

I do not agree with characterizing or automatically lumping people in that kind of category.......... But as I stated the protection simply isnt there and that was the point I was trying to get across.

I don't think its fair of you to cast that accusation based on a fantasy weight of a number of plants Phaq. Who decided that any number of plants under 72 is due suspicion? why would you care to accuse anyone of any wrong doing while they are 100% compliant with the Act that we voted for?

peace

I guess I read more court cases than you do, and I have been involved with the law as far as mm goes, and I also know how to grow and If a pt gets one oz from each plant you will have to do something against the mm law to remain under your allowed amount of dried, you have my number big guy why dont you call me!

Merry christmas

Peace

I keep my veg room well stocked with over 30 plants when I have five patients for instance. I top them weekly until the need to flower arises. All of my patients have made requests for February already. My garden schedule is planned to the summer currently.  Those plants do not produce meds until 60 days after they are put into the flower room. Sometimes I keep over 50 in the veg room and meter them out as patients make requests for thought. Until you legally grow for five patients I'm not sure your current growing habits are enough to make such accusations, right?

The very points we fret about- Why would you wish to criminalize otherwise legal activity within our Act?   I imagine Judges, Police Officers and Jailers may agree with you, and make all of our activity suspect. Could call it the Phaq Law :Peven. YOu may be a super grower, with super skills, but to impose your way as the only legal way to conduct is ludicrous, and a dangerous premise in the community.  This rings of the rhetoric spewed by courts and law makers, the same ones that get us locked up for compliance.  please reconsider?  

"wow man, I'm in the klink now for growing the amount the state said I could, and servicing the patients they told me I could, all because off that Phaq amendment. Police told me "if you cant grow like Phaq, then you go directly to jail !" :judge:

I'll call you , but not until you believe I am compliant in every way. :angel:

Edited by grassmatch

I'm glad you asked jointedone.

Lets clarify first; Growing quality cannabis is a burden for those who cannot do it for themselves(obviously?) . If the task was not burdensome for them I 'd suppose they wouldn't need me? The burden is described by non growers typically, I just wanted to refresh the necessities of production.

The only burden I bare is patient management when I don't properly interview a prospect before registering.  The remainder of the service is a pleasure for me.

I was blessed with those equipment needs I mentioned earlier, before I grew marijuana. I was capable of doing the labor, and retired so could afford the time also. My tissue culture business flourished from the same spaces. I already maintained an indoor growing space, and thousands of cultured varieties of flowers and house plants sold to the nursery industry. I wanted to "own" and sample EVERY cannabis strain I could get my hands on. I started with the cannabis cup winners from every contest I could locate around the world. Some I just seed cultured for storage, others I smoked. My personal relief was unexpected, and the differences between schwag of yesteryear and the miracle buds of today cinched my thoughts on the matter.

I got good at growing, and better at interviewing patients, and filled my room, because I could. The strain diversity I keep is unmatched now and my patients gladly help pay for my service. The electric bill is expensive, and the controls need replacing periodically. New genetics are always being churned to the masses and can be costly, and my rooms splash a high times cover vibe every time I enter. None of which would be possible without great patients. They in turn are privy to hundreds of exquisitely cultivated cannabis varieties produced by a serious grower with clear focus, making the arrangement a win/win for both parties.

Truth be told, I'd rather not ever deliver a bud, but instead focus on medical extractions for the sick. But I have to wait for the prehistoric law makers to concede. I never did force a patient to register with me, I always run a strict interview process that scares most away. Seems only the "over 50" patients understand my position curiously, so I avoid the "youngins".

I wear my garden ideals on my wrist for all to see, and the "right" patients make contact with me.

Reasons I serve patients;

Increase genetic choices

so I can tissue culture vast amounts of strains for my library

Meet like minded people

To help pay for my project goals

To accept my "overages"

the moment I witnessed a life change in a depressed stroke victim patient of mine,

and the peaceful passing cannabis was able to offer to some Hospice Care patients,

I saw the light.

I'm guessing some mature growers here share a similar experience. I hope this clears up your question to me.

peace

never heard it put quite so well , thank you.

I keep my veg room well stocked with over 30 plants when I have five patients for instance. I top them weekly until the need to flower arises. All of my patients have made requests for February already. My garden schedule is planned to the summer currently.  Those plants do not produce meds until 60 days after they are put into the flower room. Sometimes I keep over 50 in the veg room and meter them out as patients make requests for thought. Until you legally grow for five patients I'm not sure your current growing habits are enough to make such accusations, right?

The very points we fret about- Why would you wish to criminalize otherwise legal activity within our Act?   I imagine Judges, Police Officers and Jailers may agree with you, and make all of our activity suspect. Could call it the Phaq Law :Peven. YOu may be a super grower, with super skills, but to impose your way as the only legal way to conduct is ludicrous, and a dangerous premise in the community.  This rings of the rhetoric spewed by courts and law makers, the same ones that get us locked up for compliance.  please reconsider?  

"wow man, I'm in the klink now for growing the amount the state said I could, and servicing the patients they told me I could, all because off that Phaq amendment. Police told me "if you cant grow like Phaq, then you go directly to jail !" :judge:

I'll call you , but not until you believe I am compliant in every way. :angel:

Ok I guess I lumped all together which is not fair!

most people dont have a grip on it like you, do you sell on graigs list?  I didnt think so. do you sell to non pt's? (maybe) before this law there were no plant counts and you wanted as much as you could possibly have at all times, it was a biz!  It can be that way again but most likly not for any one who has already registered, If I chose not to register and still wanted to grow, I would move and lay low, I lay low now, I have plenty of friends who lay low and are not registered with the state but prob grow more than you!

I dont recall any one like you who does cultures and has learned every thing mj, and all they need to do is make sure they have enough in budd, veg and clones, and mothers!  The way you do it is within the law your not trying to crop 30 at a time and bury the rest in the woods wink wink, I know it is hard to stay within the law especialy now, not being able to make oil, oil turns lb's into grams, cannabutter turns grams into lb's

I do appoligize, I dont like people lumping me either and it appears I did that here!

You owe me a phone call Dickweed lmao!

Peace

Ok I guess I lumped all together which is not fair!

most people dont have a grip on it like you, do you sell on graigs list?  I didnt think so. do you sell to non pt's? (maybe) before this law there were no plant counts and you wanted as much as you could possibly have at all times, it was a biz!  It can be that way again but most likly not for any one who has already registered, If I chose not to register and still wanted to grow, I would move and lay low, I lay low now, I have plenty of friends who lay low and are not registered with the state but prob grow more than you!

I dont recall any one like you who does cultures and has learned every thing mj, and all they need to do is make sure they have enough in budd, veg and clones, and mothers!  The way you do it is within the law your not trying to crop 30 at a time and bury the rest in the woods wink wink, I know it is hard to stay within the law especialy now, not being able to make oil, oil turns lb's into grams, cannabutter turns grams into lb's

I do appoligize, I dont like people lumping me either and it appears I did that here!

You owe me a phone call Dickweed lmao!

Peace

Google 'urban dictionary catfish'.

Edited by Restorium2

I usualy try to do my best to tell people what the law says, not how I or anyone else gets around it, there reay is not getting around it if you get caught over your limit its to late.........so at times I forget and may go off on some one and I did that hear, I thought nicely!  I didnt mean to lump people, I was speaking to the op who already has his 12 plant possesion and now wants his wive's 12 plant pos, he never spoke about any other pt's an he is a new c.g, I guess I should have just told him yea grow it all out, sell it on craigs list, go look they selll it there, you can get it delivered, heck you could prob get it delivered by a hooker and kill 2 birds with one stone lol!

Peace

:bighug:Dickweed says;

Right On Bro!

no apology necessary, I know you weren't grouping me in purposely.

I definitely don't know everything mj, but I am getting close to "everything soil". :jig:

I wish I could say I was "everything patient" but truth be told, I'm at the opposite spectrum of that one.

Until 2008 I never met a marijuana user that I didn't think was a good person.

I knew from my first day here  that you were a "pre '08" kinda guy, my kinda people! :bighug:

not only a call, but lunch too!

peace