Final Drafts Hb 5104 And Hb 4271

money from arrests/forfeitures  .. could go down..

Not only will there income be blasted, their jobs are at risk.  And to that I say "Boo-Hoo."  We all have the right to be and should be pissed.  I hope that this will spur many more to do what is necessary to free us from our fears (LEO).

The problem is the people not the law.  It won't end till they have no more power.  Do you think COA would've just magically said "oh, we see what you mean now"?  Nope.  Cops still wouldn't have scales so they could think we were over weight and transport would still be illegal in the cab, etc.etc.etc., in certain places.

Has anyone noticed dispensaries are up and running?  Has anyone noticed medibles made with oils around?  They are, were and still will be.  Unless the sanctioned predatory actions on citizens of this country is addressed the laws don't matter.  It's a way of thinking, not wording in a law. 

There are free counties and cities because it's a haven in the war.  This is a war no matter what anyone says.  We need better tactics.

Does anyone else think this was staged?  How can a bill pass the house 105-14(or whatever the overwhelming vote was) and then get delayed by Richardville, until payed off, then moved to possibility of getting passed, then the Gov. taking out the one facet that made it look good(local control) and then when it looks like it might get voted on, they rally the cops unions?(they didn't consult the Lennon PD, Ann Arbor, etc.) to call the senators to squash the dispense bill and in turn the medibles bill, since Richardville saved enough face to not even call a vote.  It seems to me they would've never had a chance.  it seems to me it was another way to give busy work to the promj groups to keep them feel like they are accomplishing something and extort money from med patients on their hope's of a fair shake when it's never going to happen with any bill in certain areas.  Genesee Co. seems to have decided to cut it off before it starts here. The cops generally don't arrest and the judges generally let people go with court costs.

Just my view from being new here, could be totally off base.

Edited by Norby

15 minutes into the video and they start discussing medical marijuana and failure to pass the bills. Worth the watch.

Why is it individual cities and other states are capable of passing laws to accommodate medical and recreational marijuana but our state itself is not capable of doing anything in the interest of the people? They have only continued to serve themselves and harass and arrest patients.

Why do they even receive a paycheck when they are unable to do their job?

to reiterate zaps' point, it would be established state law that they were in violation of the dispensary act, which probably has set penalties somewhere.

otherwise , currently, dispensary owners and employees who are patients get to have section 8 defenses in court, which slows down the cases. i'm not sure how sec8 would protect people under 4271, it was pretty confusing.

Has anyone noticed dispensaries are up and running?  Has anyone noticed medibles made with oils around?  They are, were and still will be.  Unless the sanctioned predatory actions on citizens of this country is addressed the laws don't matter.

I also find this very strange. I can drive across the road into Detroit and purchase a wide array of edibles, oils, tinctures etc. Yet if I'm pulled over north of 8 Mile I'm sure to be arrested for having them.

In some areas of the state it seems that everything is going as it should be yet officially it's illegal. Detroit dispensaries can sell oils and infused products with impunity but if a disgruntled neighbor smells cannabutter cooking on my stove I'm sure I'd end up in handcuffs face down on my kitchen floor.

Back in the early seventies I knew a lady who owned a topless shoeshine establishment on the Cass Corridor (seriously). Part of her regular payroll was to the police so they would ignore her "shoeshine" shop. I have to wonder how much of this goes on with dispensaries.

I also find this very strange. I can drive across the road into Detroit and purchase a wide array of edibles, oils, tinctures etc. Yet if I'm pulled over north of 8 Mile I'm sure to be arrested for having them.

In some areas of the state it seems that everything is going as it should be yet officially it's illegal. Detroit dispensaries can sell oils and infused products with impunity but if a disgruntled neighbor smells cannabutter cooking on my stove I'm sure I'd end up in handcuffs face down on my kitchen floor.

Back in the early seventies I knew a lady who owned a topless shoeshine establishment on the Cass Corridor (seriously). Part of her regular payroll was to the police so they would ignore her "shoeshine" shop. I have to wonder how much of this goes on with dispensaries.

I think Mr.T-pain would disagree  of them being  illegal

I think Mr.T-pain would disagree  of them being  illegal

Edibles are probably legal if they weigh less than 2.5 oz gross weight and are made with leaf or bud but that would require eating a great deal. If someone were to need 2 grams of oil per day they would need to ingest roughly 1/2 oz of bud mixed with no more than 2 oz of edible.

A Hershey bar weighs 1 1/2 oz so imagine mixing 1/2 oz with 1 1/2 Hershey bars. Sound tasty?

That is of course possible but many experience gastric distress from eating the plant matter in such large quantities.

If anyone would care to test their theories I would suggest they sit on the steps of the Oakland County courthouse eating their clearly labeled cannabutter.

Detroit's Proposal M amends a 1984 city ordinance so that it will exempt adults over the age of 21 from being prosecuted for the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana on private property. The law is literally different in Detroit. Still not "legal" but less illegal than in most communities North of 8 mile.

As far as brownies and edibles. I would put a leaf on top of any brownie I made so that leaf material would be immediately evident. Seal a leaf in plastic and put it in your oil jar - break open in case of emergency. Let the battle of the technicalities begin if it gets to that point. I'm still digesting the language of these documents. They make my head hurt and make me sad to think of the lives ruined so prosecutors and cops have something to do in between important stuff.

Detroit's Proposal M amends a 1984 city ordinance so that it will exempt adults over the age of 21 from being prosecuted for the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana on private property. The law is literally different in Detroit. Still not "legal" but less illegal than in most communities North of 8 mile.

As far as brownies and edibles. I would put a leaf on top of any brownie I made so that leaf material would be immediately evident. Seal a leaf in plastic and put it in your oil jar - break open in case of emergency. Let the battle of the technicalities begin if it gets to that point.

We passed that in Ferndale too but the police choose to enforce state law rather than local. When I lived in Detroit it was like living in the woods. You could pretty much do anything you wanted as long as you weren't actively shooting at people. I've even had to fight a pack of wild dogs with a stick to get to my house.

As far as fighting technicalities in court you'd better have deep pockets and a strong emotional constitution.

We passed that in Ferndale too but the police choose to enforce state law rather than local. When I lived in Detroit it was like living in the woods. You could pretty much do anything you wanted as long as you weren't actively shooting at people. I've even had to fight a pack of wild dogs with a stick to get to my house.

As far as fighting technicalities in court you'd better have deep pockets and a strong emotional constitution.

How deep is the problem when local law enforcement considers itself State Police? There must be an institutionalized benefit to the persecution. Yet having been accquainted with a few cops they sure don't seem smart enough to be part of a conspiracy that would require secrecy.

The woods are way more regulated than the Detroit I hung out in back in the day. Seems like DNR is waiting for me everytime I'm on the trails of Oscoda.

Don't wanna fight no one. At least there is a chance to formulate a legal strategy that didn't exist in the '80s and '90s.

Local control would have been used to close more dispensaries than open new ones.

Local control was never removed, some state over-site was added. Even if, in the short term, some local communities would have said no- it would only be a matter of time before dispensing centers would be found in enough communities to cover the demand.

Local control was never removed, some state over-site was added. Even if, in the short term, some local communities would have said no- it would only be a matter of time before dispensing centers would be found in enough communities to cover the demand.

Little isolated monopolies, crooked as heck, ripping patients off because of the way the market is set up. I bet dispensary wanna-bes are drooling at the thought. Until the State says dispensaries are legal and can be zoned the same as any other business like Rite Aid, level playing field, it's just a scam on patients from two angles; LEO on one side making ridiculous demands, and gread heads wanting a monopoly on another front. I will not rest easy until these bills go away totally.

This has boiled down to patients' fighting a war on two fronts, with little resources to win anything, and a lot of potential for ruin.