Cannabutter?coconut Oil? Or Green Dragon/tincure ? Whats Is Best For Hard Candy And Chocolate Bars

I have a bunch of trim and pop corn nugs looking for the best product to use in my hard candies/chocolate bars .tincure? Cannabutter? Or coconut oil? And any good recipes or methods for making oil/butter and tincure would b helpful.any imput would be nice .looking to make jollyranchers type hard candy and chocolate bars

• 3 weeks later...

butter is good, I like butter !

infusion of a cannabis extract into melted butter

will not taste like hay, and will contain less plant vegetable material.

I've had the best luck by heating the bud with butter and no water over low heat and then straining through a kitchen strainer. Pour hot water over the strainer to rinse off the remaining butter and then let it cool. Remove the hardened butter and add that to lightly boiling water to remove excess chlorophyll and then pour it into a French press coffee maker to remove the small plant particles.

Here's a great caramel recipe from Land O Lakes. Replace the conventional butter with cannabutter.

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/2048/aunt-emilys-soft-caramels

As per usual with anything relating to marijuana, there is no easy answer to this!

BUTTER - If you are on a budget, butter is the way to go when decarbing. It has far more fatty molecules, so it absorbs more medicine into the tincture.

Coconut Oil - I always do this. It's pricier, but much healthier and super easy to use. Throw it in your coffee, a lemonade, or in a salad. It melts at room temp and tastes like whatever you want it to! 

Butane oils and tinctures - It's safe not even to call most concentrates medicine. The most common ways to create these style of concentrates is through chemical processing. The only other way to make tinctures is through pure alcohol, which would take forever unless you double boil it down, which is extremely dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/article/2014/06/27/decarboxylate-your-weed-for-the-full-psychoactive-effect/

There is a beginners guide to decarbing. Not very in depth, but it should do the trick. Just make sure to understand ingestion happens much differently, and lasts much longer when ingested. An eight of really good bud or leaf trim in a 8x10 brownie pan cut into six pieces should be enough for a stage 5 cancer patient to feel no pain. Be careful! I scared myself away when I was young and can't even SMELL edibles without bringing back that terrifying memory, haha.

Anywho, the best would surely be some kind of tinture/extract. It would take far too much butter or oil to make the candies potent enough.

Edited by slider7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Only bad thing about the cocont oil is it wanted to seperate from the sugar mix when put in molds any info on getting it to mix more evenly and not seperate ?

Try Lecithin. Badkittysmiles, referenced above, explains the benefit of emulsifying the oil using Lecithin. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

Quote: Soy Lecithin. It's used in food processing to make less sugar appear 'sweeter', less chocolate more 'chocolatey', and in pharmaceuticals to enhance the effectiveness of medications, it homogenizes and safely coats, then breaks down substances, into more fine, smaller particulates, promoting vastly improved systemic bioavailability within your body.

The difference is so great, that you can visually see the altered consistency between oils/pills where lecithin was used, and when it was not. 'Liposomal' lecithin encapsulation, simply put, breaks the glands down faster, making the heating process more efficient, reducing the risk of damaging the material from possible over-processing. I recommend using soy lecithin in all canna and hash oil recipes.

The glands, already being decarbed (preferably), are then broken down further, and are delivered in a vehicle of lecithin oil, creating an intensely narcotic impact upon use. Lecithin increases the availability of everything from sugars to vitamin C, to prescription pain meds, and the increase in availability on contact is said to be between %15 and %75 depending on the substance, vitamin, or chemical. Meaning, the correct addition of lecithin to for instance, vitamin C, reduces the quantity of ascorbic acid you need to consume in order to achieve the same effect, by more than 50%. You can see how this applies to the use of digestive-resistant canna in edibles.

While I can't give you an exact figure for increased availability for cannabinoids, knowing it does vary for the home-user kitchen to kitchen, I can guarantee you that personally I both see, and feel a difference when lecithin is utilized. And when you can buy such large packets of it for just two or three dollars, whatever the increase is, it's well worth it. If you'd like to get fancy, and possibly enhance the process further, you can additionally use ultrasonic jewelry cleansers to mimic the lab-like process of liposomal encapsulation, and utilize a briefer period of heating."

Whoa ! That is a most enjoyable post, packed with useful information. Thank you much for the insight.

and sharing this here......!! you rock!

If you'd like to get fancy, and possibly enhance the process further, you can additionally use ultrasonic jewelry cleansers to mimic the lab-like process of liposomal encapsulation, and utilize a briefer period of heating."

The astounding effects and advantages derived from LET(liposomal encapsulation) is why a number of nutritional companies are now utilizing this technique in the oral delivery of dietary supplements.

The advantage of LET over the others is that it allows a nutrient to carry power packed and non-decomposed natural compounds to pinpointed tissues and organs. Even though doses are reduced 5 to 15 times less than normal supplement intake, the delivery system’s effectiveness is not changed. This reduction is both medically and economically significant.

Normal passage of tablets and capsules and the topical transfer of nutrients are affected by environmental conditions such as moisture, oxygen and other unfavorable factors. The nutrients are more likely degraded by the presence of enzymes in oral and esophageal digestive juices prior to being absorbed into the body. In addition, binders, fillers, gelatins and sugar are food additives that affect the absorption process. This partial assimilation caused by the incomplete disintegration of the tablet or capsule is a serious problem.