Tincture Question

I sampled a glycerin tincture a friend purchased at a dispensary which i enjoyed.The bottle said it contained vegetable glycerin,distilled water,and 100 mg co2 extract.My question is, if it becomes legal, can i make this type of tincture at home.If i could i'm sure i could make it at a substantial savings.Any thoughts on this.

I sampled a glycerin tincture a friend purchased at a dispensary which i enjoyed.The bottle said it contained vegetable glycerin,distilled water,and 100 mg co2 extract.My question is, if it becomes legal, can i make this type of tincture at home.If i could i'm sure i could make it at a substantial savings.Any thoughts on this.

I don't think it needs to be a CO2 extract.

I am sure alcohol or BHO extracts would work just as well.

Me personally, I prefer alcohol extracts.

I don't think it needs to be a CO2 extract.

I am sure alcohol or BHO extracts would work just as well.

Me personally, I prefer alcohol extracts.

how would you infuse it into glycerin, just mix and stir or  would you need to heat.Would it stay mixed or separate.

I can't use alcohol but i hear they are stronger.I made some with cold extraction and avb which was ok but only waited about 3 weeks before straining.Do you think a couple more weeks would have made it more potent?  thx

To be honest with you, I have not had any luck mixing any concentrate I have made with vegetable glycerine. After trying and failing, I cannot see why one would want to mix them, except for maybe a topical mixture. I stopped trying to mix the concentrate with VG when I realized it was not going to benefit what I was attempting to accomplish. I do know that different solvents used in the extraction process can have an effect on the final infusion. For instance, some people tell me that BHO will not stay infused with PEG, but alcohol extracts do.

I have heard of some people having luck mixing the concentrates with VG using a homogenizer.

I am not the right person to answer questions regarding a VG mixture. My experience with using VG is based on e-cig vaporizers. I like my concentrates straight or runny like a tincture with grain alcohol, 190 proof or higher. I have seen other posts using VG where they were successful in making tinctures.

I have my experiences documented in my blogs here. You may prefer some of the alcohol methods I speak of there, like QWET, QWISO, ND Sap, etc.

For me, I just keep my naturally decarbed oil runny like a tincture. I have problems handling one drop per day as far as potency is concerned. That is why I like to leave it a bit runny with grain alcohol, to reduce the potency.

Edit: if I remember correctly Peter O'Toole on facebook has done VG tinctures. I am sure he would be happy to help.

Edited by GrowGoddess

how would you infuse it into glycerin, just mix and stir or  would you need to heat

Heat a little and shake a lot. It's easier dissolved in a little alcohol first. It will separate but just shake well before using. Or get one of these.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/game-changer-emulsifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice/

You can find any recipee on you tube, not only do they give you the ingrediants but they have a video showing you how to do it!  I wish I had you tube when I started making bho, but hey I got thru it and could prob make my own video on that now, but I have found every thing and anything mm on you tube, I watch several of the same kinda extractions and pick the one I like best, if it doesnt suite my needs I look at another or make my own adjustments!

Im about to make a glyceran based oil for my e-cig, I will eventualy get it right and explain how I do it after find the right recipee for me, I always double the dose of sugar leafs and or budds when I do something new, like alot of cannabutter recipee's call for 1 oz mm to 1 lb of butter, I always use 2 oz to 1 pound butter, I can always use less or eat half of a medible I make with it, I usualy just butter biscuits or toast and use it that way, I would rather start with to much than not enough, you can always adjust next time or the time after that!

I have already tried to mix my bho with the tobaco juice, it dont work lol, it seperates and dont realy work, I would much rather just put some mm in a jar (i put my mm in t-bags made of cheese cloth) and let it sit in a dark cool place, shake once or twice a day as you would a normal tincture made from grain alcohol, I also strain the finished product but leave the tea bags in it, I even go as far as putting another wrap of cheese cloth on the tea bag when I strain it and put the tea bags write back in the jar, use your e-cig mm fluid as needed!

Peace

You can find any recipee on you tube, not only do they give you the ingrediants but they have a video showing you how to do it!  I wish I had you tube when I started making bho, but hey I got thru it and could prob make my own video on that now, but I have found every thing and anything mm on you tube, I watch several of the same kinda extractions and pick the one I like best, if it doesnt suite my needs I look at another or make my own adjustments!

Im about to make a glyceran based oil for my e-cig, I will eventualy get it right and explain how I do it after find the right recipee for me, I always double the dose of sugar leafs and or budds when I do something new, like alot of cannabutter recipee's call for 1 oz mm to 1 lb of butter, I always use 2 oz to 1 pound butter, I can always use less or eat half of a medible I make with it, I usualy just butter biscuits or toast and use it that way, I would rather start with to much than not enough, you can always adjust next time or the time after that!

I have already tried to mix my bho with the tobaco juice, it dont work lol, it seperates and dont realy work, I would much rather just put some mm in a jar (i put my mm in t-bags made of cheese cloth) and let it sit in a dark cool place, shake once or twice a day as you would a normal tincture made from grain alcohol, I also strain the finished product but leave the tea bags in it, I even go as far as putting another wrap of cheese cloth on the tea bag when I strain it and put the tea bags write back in the jar, use your e-cig mm fluid as needed!

Peace

I highly recommend to not bother with trying to infuse you concentrate with VG when it comes to e-ciggs or e-cannabis actually. I know a lot of people who have tried and tried even though I told them not to, they learned the hard way, which is sometimes the only way to learn.

The VG serves no purpose, your concentrate replaces the VG. If it is only VG and concentrate and you are somehow able to get them to mix, like with a homogenizer, there will still be problems. The VG will not assist in the vaporizing process. It will only make it worse. It will force you to have to crank the heat up on the vaporizer and will most likely cause a burning, close to combustion effect. That can be very dangerous with VG. I have read that at a certain temperature, VG can become toxic. That is the reason e-cigarettes use additional chemicals along with VG. The additional chemicals are PEG400 USP or more commonly PG USP, which assist in the vaporization process to where it vapes at a lower temperature.

You only have three choices to mix your concentrate as far as I know in regards to using an e-cigg as a vaporizer. You can mix your concentrate with PG USP, you can mix it with PEG400 USP, when using PEG400 I recommend also adding flavoring, also there is a product that I have not tried, but have heard good reports on EJmix. This EJmix is unique, it has PG USP, I believe PEG200, 400, and maybe 600 all mixed in to one, nobody seems to know the exact mixture though. I guess it is $20 for a small bottle of it, expensive compared to the other options. When I get around to it I will give it a try.

The only reason I could see somebody wanting to add VG to their e-cannabis would be to reduce the potency, for lightweights, and I don't believe you are a lightweight!

Just want to help. :D