# Of Plants Pending Spouse's Registration Change

bingolong

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but just to make sure...

Spouse and I are registered patients. Spouse is disabled and can't grow. There was no caregiver designated on spouse's original registration. Do I have to wait for approval of change of spouse's registration appointing me as spouse's caregiver (going out in the mail today) before I can exceed my personal 12 plant limit and grow for spouse also? If so how long might that take? Thank you.

20 days for registration BUT LARA says it can take longer than that for changes and they have no time limit for change forms. if you have a felony, or even a drug misdemeanor that doesn't specifically say misdemeanor, on your ichat record they will kick out your form. 

Edited by Restorium2

I would think you would have plenty of mm with your 12 to supply both of you, if you are in such a hurry it only means to me that you want to have a side under the table job! you didnt mention any other pt besides your wife, I know my 12 can supply me and mine and you and yours!

Peace

edit= you prob should be more worried about what you are going to do with it rather than be in a hurry to grow more and only be allowed to have a total of 24 plants and 7.5 oz usable,

if you are her c.g you can have 2.5 for her, she can have 2.5 and you can have your own 2.5 that = 7.5 dried usable mm

Edited by phaquetoo

Some rock solid advice here.

I feel it important to remember there is a list with your name on it that says you are doing something that is only legal to an extent. The program in itself lends a citizen to the loss of some 4th and 5th amendment protections at the Federal and State level.

A patient grower can only have 2.5? There is no allowance for the 2.5oz for the prescription refill allowed along with what is on the vine?

Leads me to another thought. Ultra low yield plants with short cycle times. People must be destroying it by the pounds as one average plant will exceed the amount allowed by the law.

I would think you would have plenty of mm with your 12 to supply both of you, if you are in such a hurry it only means to me that you want to have a side under the table job! you didnt mention any other pt besides your wife, I know my 12 can supply me and mine and you and yours!

Peace

edit= you prob should be more worried about what you are going to do with it rather than be in a hurry to grow more and only be allowed to have a total of 24 plants and 7.5 oz usable,

if you are her c.g you can have 2.5 for her, she can have 2.5 and you can have your own 2.5 that = 7.5 dried usable mm

I have moderate use patients and I can totally take care of them with 12 plants,, 

Variety, experimentation, and cloning are good explanations for using as many plants as legally possible. If you are into that then you might find that the plant count restrictions are very burdensome. 

Exactly! Lets say you want to pop a pack of seeds to look for a new variety. If it's a 12 pack and you take a clone of each for backup until your keeper is found there goes 24 plants and that doesn't even include tried and true plants that must be grown to satisfy patients, most of whom I know want variety. As a matter of fact I don't know one patient that wants to use the same variety month after month.

Some rock solid advice here.

I feel it important to remember there is a list with your name on it that says you are doing something that is only legal to an extent. The program in itself lends a citizen to the loss of some 4th and 5th amendment protections at the Federal and State level.

A patient grower can only have 2.5? There is no allowance for the 2.5oz for the prescription refill allowed along with what is on the vine?

Leads me to another thought. Ultra low yield plants with short cycle times. People must be destroying it by the pounds as one average plant will exceed the amount allowed by the law.

I guess thats why theirs no shortage of court dates 

12 plants is plenty of medicine for both of you once her plant count kicks in use that 12 slot for clones any grower worth their salt pulls 3-5 ounces a plant  so be careful you could end up with a weight issue unless you stagger your grow meaning put them in flower at separate times growing a perpetual garden .

I don't agree on this, section 6(g) still exists:

It definitely still exists and I will take your word that what you posted is exactly what it says.

The cynic in me sees an AG who would love to use the list to arrest everyone on it. That's scary - we can say "They can't" but time and time again we see "They do..." even if protection under state law exists. Having an AG working against the will of the people makes him vulnerable to Federal requests. Once again we can say "They can't..." but many is the trial that labors on while it gets sorted out. This was my reference to the 5th amendment. Program participants have openly admitted to a Federal crime (use or attempted use of a Schedule I narcotic).

4th amendment protection is diminished as the Federal government could use the list as their probable cause even if the State can't. Are these doomsday scenarios? To a degree - if the state had a sensible AG I would worry less. We agree fully on the facts and likely more than that. My comments were in reference to the gremlins within the system who hate you and me.

I also agree that people need the plant limit for variety and experimentation. It is likely another thread but I have some questions regarding how early one could flower and finish if they were looking for low yield.

Garbage disposal anyone? You can't get charged until you pick it. You can run from the plant straight to the disposal if need be. If you are nervous make a lot of small trips. 

Get rid of the lower stuff if you are getting a good grow on and just have the top, most useful, buds to worry about. This stuff grows fairly slow so you can make decisions on a daily basis on what to get rid of, Starting from a position of potentially being over is a good place to be as a grower. Makes it so you can be really picky and selective. 

It definitely still exists and I will take your word that what you posted is exactly what it says.

The cynic in me sees an AG who would love to use the list to arrest everyone on it. That's scary - we can say "They can't" but time and time again we see "They do..." even if protection under state law exists. Having an AG working against the will of the people makes him vulnerable to Federal requests. Once again we can say "They can't..." but many is the trial that labors on while it gets sorted out. This was my reference to the 5th amendment. Program participants have openly admitted to a Federal crime (use or attempted use of a Schedule I narcotic).

4th amendment protection is diminished as the Federal government could use the list as their probable cause even if the State can't. Are these doomsday scenarios? To a degree - if the state had a sensible AG I would worry less. We agree fully on the facts and likely more than that. My comments were in reference to the gremlins within the system who hate you and me.

I also agree that people need the plant limit for variety and experimentation. It is likely another thread but I have some questions regarding how early one could flower and finish if they were looking for low yield.

Im realy sorry I couldnt even read the whole comment above, sounds alot like paranoia, and I have nothing against paranoia Im sure it kept me from prison a few times shhhhh!

If you follow the law you will not have issues with leo, I have not read a case that didnt involve leo coming into the picture for another reason other than legal mm!  if you dont sell to people who are not registered to you, and you stay within your limits you are not going to have problems, this is coming from some one who has had leo arrest me 3 times and mm was involved but not the reason they came into contact with me, I was legal every time and not convicted of any of them!  I even got to use mm on probation for a yr!

Peace

Im realy sorry I couldnt even read the whole comment above, sounds alot like paranoia, and I have nothing against paranoia Im sure it kept me from prison a few times shhhhh!

Peace

Just cause your paranoid doesn't mean that there not out to get you!!

Edited by Willy

Just cause your paranoid doesn't mean that there not out to get you!!

Before this law and even now, I have been paranoid and for good reason, If I am doing biz with some one and hear somthing I dont like, I warn them one time, and keep a close eye on them, If I even think they are doing something against my rules I stop and everyone in my chain has no choice but to stop and find some one else to do the dirty work, I wont let a chink in my chain take me down, I am always very aware of my surroundings and people I do biz with!  I never have a problem cutting people off and stopping, some times it takes a while but that person usualy finds some one else to do biz with them and they take on other things I dont allow in my chain, and unfortunatly they wind up in prison!  I dont know how people can be that desperate, but to each his own, but  your not bringing me with you!

Peace

If you follow the law you will not have issues with leo, I have not read a case that didnt involve leo coming into the picture for another reason other than legal mm!  if you dont sell to people who are not registered to you, and you stay within your limits you are not going to have problems, this is coming from some one who has had leo arrest me 3 times and mm was involved but not the reason they came into contact with me, I was legal every time and not convicted of any of them!  I even got to use mm on probation for a yr!

Peace

I 100% agree with you. You can label "paranoia" and that's cool. I get it and won't disagree. I was supporting a comment I had made previously. I would rather you elaborate how you haven't waived your 5th amendment rights by telling a government agency you are growing a schedule I narcotic at a facility you control rather than having you control your gag reflex trying to read what I typed.

"I even got to use mm on probation for a yr!" - this illustrates a difference between us. My contact with LEO has been nil for the last 30+ years. My paranoia far does likely outweighs yours, I like my life and it's been plenty of fun but we likely evaluate "Risk and Reward" differently. I analyze, postulate and then close the blinds because the world doesn't care or need to know about what I'm doing because I don't mean nobody no harm. I always figured that was what being American meant: Be cool to people and you don't have to worry. Schuette doesn't abide by that theory and he knows you smoke dope. That makes me uncomfortable.

You guys are awesome. I love the discourse. 

I think there are several people who weigh the risk and reward and choose reward over risk!  I dont choose reward over risk, I dont like my rights being violated and I will do every thing in my power to make sure they are not,,, now how can a judge let you do methadone, xanax, flexerils, motrins, celexa, depakote and the many other rx's I was given from my dr. but wont let me use mm?

Im not gonna let that slide, mine was a probation violation that brought me back in front of the judge for using mm as soon as I got legal, I sent all of my paper work to the prob officer, did my urine test, it came back pos for thc and she violated me, I got the judge to not violate me and let me use mm the rest of my probation term, not to many people have got that accomplished!

Peace

I think there are several people who weigh the risk and reward and choose reward over risk!  I dont choose reward over risk, I dont like my rights being violated and I will do every thing in my power to make sure they are not,,, now how can a judge let you do methadone, xanax, flexerils, motrins, celexa, depakote and the many other rx's I was given from my dr. but wont let me use mm?

Im not gonna let that slide, mine was a probation violation that brought me back in front of the judge for using mm as soon as I got legal, I sent all of my paper work to the prob officer, did my urine test, it came back pos for thc and she violated me, I got the judge to not violate me and let me use mm the rest of my probation term, not to many people have got that accomplished!

Peace

For the record. We disagree on nothing here. The "justice" system's treatment of narcotics is criminal in its own right in the United States of America. A direct result of a system designed for a minority of (wealthy) people to control the actions and property of the majority under a pretense of law.

I'm glad you got away from the clutches of the system relatively unscathed. State wide decriminalization is the only path to sanity and the freedom promised every American in the Bill of Rights. How any person sworn to uphold the Constitution can advocate jail time for a marihuana plant is heresy to the core and would have been seen as such by the framers. Interesting that some see the freedom promised to us as "tired" arguments but they are accurate when the courts conspire to further propagate the lie. Tools of control - reasons to imprison and confiscate, fundamentals laid out in the earliest of societies. Ours is no different, we live it every single day the same way a Roman commoner did in 80 B.C. "Nothing changes on New Year's day."

I choose to advocate rather than martyr for the cause. I know that sentiment is far from unique to the people who post here - it's why I enjoy the conversations. Living within the confines of this liberating legislation is critical to the freedom of those who find relief of their debilitating and or chronic conditions via this medicinal option.

Edited by YesMichigan