T-Pains' Top Ten Tips For Talking To Leo About "mixtures And Preparations"

1. dont talk to police without a lawyer. this list is better for your lawyer than you.
  2. its not a concentrate, its a mixture of olive oil and dried flowers
  3. its not a resin, its a mixture of butter and dried flowers
  4. its not THC oil, its a mixture of oil and dried flowers
  5. didnt strain anything. made the mixture from a small amount of shredded usable marihuana
  6. its not hash oil, its a mixture of usable marihuana and oil.
  7. its not hashish, its a preparation of dried leaves and flowers rolled into a ball.
  8. its not made from the marijuana plant, its made from dried leaves and dried flowers of the marijuana plant.
  9. its not made from roots , its made with dried flowers
  10. its not made from stalks, its made with dried flowers
  11. its not a brownie, its usable marihuana.

hopefully this small reference list will help you in case you are stuck in a sticky situation.

of course its best not to answer any questions without a lawyer, so shut the hell up! anything you say WILL be used against you in court.

people v carruthers page 9 coa opinion said edibles are allowed if made from dried leaves and dried flowers.

Our interpretation also does not preclude the medical use of marijuana by ingestion of edible products; to the contrary, that use is authorized by the MMMA, within the statutory limitations, provided that the edible product is a “mixture or preparation” of “the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant,” rather than of the more potent THC that is extracted from marijuana resin. MCL 333.26423(k).

Edited by t-pain

excellent T

great idea

i in particular like number 7.

it states the obvious...for those who are oblivious.

it is so important to understand how LEO may respond to our cannabis use.

some say its ok

some say its not.

i say..(and you should say also)- be careful what you ask me... i am informed and educated.

i am an informed educated cannabis patient thanks to the support i have found on the MMMA.

we are a family of like minded individuals who are tired of being persecuted... and we are not afraid to protest.

see if that grabs their attention :)

Well placed PSA. Below is a link to the Michigan Legislature website for Section 333.26423 (k) which reads "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant."

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28xndsm3ibqpr1j0551m2up53o%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26423

Print it and keep it in your wallet. Maybe highlight the important sections to be able to read to the police officer helping you comply with the law.

A walk further down the rabbit hole lead me to this:

Section 333.26423 (e) "Marihuana" means that term as defined in section 7106 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7106.

So one says "Well what did they define it as in 1978?" that seems to be germane as the new section uses the historical definition.

Section 333.7106 (3) “Marihuana” means all parts of the plant Canabis sativa L., growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28aoo2m45535vkchafui0bsu45%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-333-7106

I need to digest that for the next few days before I know what I think. I must be missing something because the amendments don't seem to correlate on the definitions they have given.

i in particular like number 7.

it states the obvious...for those who are oblivious.

i'm glad you can see it mibrains. a lot of people on this forum i dont think can see the difference in #7. because they dont think in legal terms but instead in layman terms. of course our act is supposed to be read with plain meaning, but the courts dont give two shizts about that, even the supreme court has used the definition of possession from the law dictionary/case law instead of the plain meaning in people v mcqueen. 

I will caveat that this may not work.  What you say will not save you. What you don't say will. So just shutup and send this list of talking points to your attorney.  ;-)

I understand the issue t-pain, and using these gimmicky phrases doesn't suddenly change the situation or interpretation.

Although humorously enjoyable,  educational as to one interpretation of the Opinion,  it is still going against rule number  1,.... shut up... and if arrested, shut up until you see an attorney.

:-)

Yep, the best overall response to most Leo questions is,

"I choose to exercise my Fifth Amendment right and refuse to answer your questions. Please refer all future inquires to my attorney".

Talking to police is like arguing with a junkyard dog, a very low percentage of success once they get their sights set on you.

Edited by Wild Bill

1. its not a concentrate, its a mixture of olive oil and dried flowers
  2. its not a resin, its a mixture of butter and dried flowers
  3. its not THC oil, its a mixture of oil and dried flowers
  4. didnt strain anything. made the mixture from a small amount of shredded usable marihuana
  5. its not hash oil, its a mixture of usable marihuana and oil.
  6. its not hashish, its a preparation of dried leaves and flowers rolled into a ball.
  7. its not made from the marijuana plant, its made from dried leaves and dried flowers of the marijuana plant.
  8. its not made from roots , its made with dried flowers
  9. its not made from stalks, its made with dried flowers
  10. its not a brownie, its usable marihuana.

hopefully this small reference list will help you in case you are stuck in a sticky situation.

of course its best not to answer any questions without a lawyer, so shut the hell up! anything you say WILL be used against you in court.

people v carruthers page 9 coa opinion said edibles are allowed if made from dried leaves and dried flowers.

Thanks and it's been said by you and everybody i ask said the same but most want it  too  not count as part of there 2.5 is what most where doing opening up a Bakery