Are Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Coming To Your Community?

Sniffle sniffle....  This law is awesome!!!

:-)

People just tend to want to do more than the law allows or seek an odd protection that has proven to be spotty at best.

It was never meant to be expansive or even work for everybody.  It is and was merely passed to create a razor thin grey area between state and federal law to allow some people to supply themselves with cannabis for medicine in very small amounts in the privacy of their homes.

And,... it does exactly that. 

Most people simply didn't read or understand the law.  I have been very vocal and public on the limited protections of the law and have been scorned , banned, hated and then loved because 99% of what I have said turns out to be true. 

I would love a more expansive protective law,... but do not denigrate what is currently working just fine for the vast majority of patients. Those left out need to pass a new law.  Like I said,... it was never meant to help everyone. Just the majority.

I personally would have written it a bit better with more protections,... but,... overall,.. top 5 things that has happened in my lifetime.  :-)

(just standing up for the Act aye)

The law was established so people can receive medicinal benefit. It rightfully recognized that not everyone is a horticulturist and attempted to provide avenues for legitimate patients to receive the medication they require.

The sharing of strains for appropriate treatment is needed and provided for under this law. I think you are grateful for a modicum of freedom instead of demanding all that your constitution and laws allow.

What Colorado and Washington did are in my top 5. Michigan following the leaders once again in social policy and creating a law dangerous to those it is intended to help doesn't crack my personal top 20. We get the government we deserve.

The law was established so people can receive medicinal benefit. It rightfully recognized that not everyone is a horticulturist and attempted to provide avenues for legitimate patients to receive the medication they require.

The sharing of strains for appropriate treatment is needed and provided for under this law. I think you are grateful for a modicum of freedom instead of demanding all that your constitution and laws allow.

What Colorado and Washington did are in my top 5. Michigan following the leaders once again in social policy and creating a law dangerous to those it is intended to help doesn't crack my personal top 20. We get the government we deserve.

Luckily there are a plethora of people willing to take this law and run with it. Granted they are running beyond what the letter of the law allows but within the spirit of the law. For these people we should be very grateful.

People are still arrested daily in Colorado and Washington too.  Grass is greener aye.  only 6 plants and an ounce there.  *shrug*

And um, the Constitution and laws do not resolve any issues being spoken of currently.  It was a law to help some people. Not all people. That was very clear. 

The only difference(besides we get more plants and more usable) is commercial stores.  Our protections are actually better,.. we just happen to have a government run by republicans. The courts are dominated by anti drug zealots and just about every inch of government is run by republicans in Michigan.  That is the problem.  :-)  Californias and Washingtons law actually aren't very good at all,... but they have more liberal people running the government. :-)

Luckily there are a plethora of people willing to take this law and run with it. Granted they are running beyond what the letter of the law allows but within the spirit of the law. For these people we should be very grateful.

Those are the people I am thinking about. I think the law is currently written to afford them protection. It has not been tested - the legal paradox it creates is unconstitutional which means there is not actually a paradox but a misinterpretation. I petition there is a c.g. to c.g. process that is sanctioned by the law as it pertains to "medical use" that could be used to aid as a means of defense. I'll admit I need to read and ponder longer though.

People are still arrested daily in Colorado and Washington too.  Grass is greener aye.  only 6 plants and an ounce there.  *shrug*

And um, the Constitution and laws do not resolve any issues being spoken of currently.  It was a law to help some people. Not all people. That was very clear. 

The only difference(besides we get more plants and more usable) is commercial stores.  Our protections are actually better,.. we just happen to have a government run by republicans. The courts are dominated by anti drug zealots and just about every inch of government is run by republicans in Michigan.  That is the problem.  :-)  Californias and Washingtons law actually aren't very good at all,... but they have more liberal people running the government. :-)

Legal for recreational use is greener grass to me. It ends the charade and represents an end to the lunacy. Your shrugs are yours to use as you need of course.

I hold there are 9th and 10th amendment protections that could be argued on a Federal level. Nothing I'd go to jail to argue but the Constitution provides ammunition. I'd likely lose but I would still be right.

There are many differences between MI and CO/WA; from sourcing clones and seeds to the sale of finished product. I'll agree the anti-human rights Republicans are a drag on the karma of every citizen of this state. I found four HoR Democrats voting against 4271 interesting. I will go on record as saying the liberal agenda scares me as much as the conservative one but that's another conversation. Happy New Year.

Legal for recreational use is greener grass to me. It ends the charade and represents an end to the lunacy. Your shrugs are yours to use as you need of course.

I hold there are 9th and 10th amendment protections that could be argued on a Federal level. Nothing I'd go to jail to argue but the Constitution provides ammunition. I'd likely lose but I would still be right.

There are many differences between MI and CO/WA; from sourcing clones and seeds to the sale of finished product. I'll agree the anti-human rights Republicans are a drag on the karma of every citizen of this state. I found four HoR Democrats voting against 4271 interesting. I will go on record as saying the liberal agenda scares me as much as the conservative one but that's another conversation. Happy New Year.

Well, I guess it matters what kind of recreational you are talking about? Washington blows.  How is that home growing going in Washington? Heh.. O wait, they are taking it away since they have commercial cannabis. Medical patients in Washington are losing their grow rights. You can keep that type of greener pasture all to yourself. ;-)

Also, Nevada has taken grow rights away from patients unless you are  not in a area that dispensaries will deliver to. Arizona only allows home growing if you are not within 25 miles of a dispensary.

So of all the marijuana states only 14 allow home growing. Take away Washington, if that continues to happen, and it is 13.  Nevada is 99% lost for home growing(small loophole exists) so that is 12 states left with growing for the common man.

And then Arizona is now littered with dispensaries and over 85% of patients cant grow, bringing the total number of states with home growing, REAL freedom, to 11.

And of those 11,.. Michigan is on the generous side of the median as to how many plants one can have.  I would rate it at tied for 4th.  Some states have mature/immature statuses which in some ways is worse, espescially when it is like 3/3 mat/immat and some states  only allow like 4 mature and 7 "seedlings.  At least in Michigan you can choose.

So,... freedom wise,... Michigans law is pretty good. 

And as far as the 9th and 10th amendments,... it is such a dead horse and been beaten silly in the courts.  Not worth citing the hundreds of cases stating why.

Do we need another new law for new rights?  Yeppem.

Do we need to get rid of our current law or gut it? Hell no.  We are the top 4 most awesome marijuana law in the country currently if freedom and rights and amounts is your measure.

:-)

Hmm,.. Let me list in my opinion Best marijuana laws in Country when judging by freedom, rights/protections and amounts.

1) California Medical Law- Only because of the government being lenient. Rights/protections are actually slim pickens there. Amounts are good.

2)  Rhode Island Medical-  That state just keeps chugging along. 

3) Colorado Recreational-  Although only 6 plants and 1 oz,  it is still milk and honey for all.

4) Oregon Medical- Protections/Rights are a bit sketchy like California, but amounts and Mountain freedom is nice. :-)

5) Michigan Medical- Rights/ protections better than California/Oregon/Colorado, Amounts better than Colorado.

Only my opinion though.  :-)

I know Jim i only posted (f) thanks 

I also don't know if they our Legal i guess my point is if they are so illegal why we haven't seen any more raids its been sometime now and only pt are being arrested for selling to Leo

i was at a few of them over the holidays  i did not buy any Cannabis from them but they have popped up everywhere like they did in 2009-10 and Arbor just got 3 more OK's from the City 

I would like them to be legal for pt's mainly, but also for c.g's  I know quite a few c.g's who are ready to just stop growing and being in debt all because of their grow and pt's not taking the amount they said they would take every month, most want to still get what they agreed to but they cant afford the 200 a zip, (my c.g gets 200 I think its fair) not most, Im sorry I dont want to clump all of us pt's together!  Nore do I want to clump all c.g's together. we all know if we are whiners or know what is involved in growing a great mm quality plant/plants! If you have never grown indoors you realy have no idea how much it cost the family that grows!

I grow in tents when I am legal, I couldnt afford to renew my pt/lady so I made sure my grow was done when her pt and my c.g card expired, my tents and lites are still sitting here waiting to produce, my grow didnt take alot of electricity like I said i only have two tents, 1 is 4 x4 x 6 and the lil one is 2 x4  x 4, my electric bill is low, so while im not growing I run electric heaters in my base ment so I have my man cave nice and warm all winter! it dont cost any more than my grow and so im used to having the same electric bill, I only have my furnace and oven that uses gas here, every thing else is electric, my dryer, hot water heater, etc!  my bill is always right around 220 a month with or w/o my grow!

Bob it is like you say about the law, its county by county some let them stay others dont want anything to do with them!

Peace

A grow supports itself unless you make mistakes. No matter how much a patient tells you they are going to take and changes their mind you still have what they would have bought. If the grower is a consumer and grows the strains they like then they cannot lose. You might have to turn off the lights for a period of time if you can't get rid of what you grew. NEVER is buying cheaper than growing unless you are making mistakes growing. Having dispensaries doesn't change that. 

FAQ2 breaks it to the lowest denominator. FIVE patients per c.g. So dispensaries should be hiring c.g.s left and right. Organize as a legitimate collective within the confines of the law.

Patient to patient transfers are not allowed. I need to research c.g to c.g transfers as they pertain to "the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana"

"Collectives" as people want them to be are expressly prohibite. There could be another route but the organization required is likely beyond the scope of the community.

The only way c.g to c.g is allowed or legal is the way I do it, I am a pt, ,I have a c.g, I am a c.g and I have a pt, my c.g can get me his pt mm, I can than being a c.g get meds to my pt, other wise c.g to c.g is not legal in any way or form, it says a pt can get it any where, not a c.g! a c.g cant get it from a c.g he is not connected to thru the state, might be a lil confusing but it is simple!

the supreme court said cgs were only allowed to transfer to their 5 patients.

which means cg2cg is out.

of course i dont think the supreme court wanted to think about visiting qualified patients, nor parents of minor patients. they just wanted to ban dispensaries as hard/fast as they could.

I agree t, but as far as visiting pts the can get theirs from any one just like us in state our law allows that, it dont say they can purchase from a despense or any where for that matter, just like us here it dont say how we can start our grow, it dont allow for us to purchase clones or seeds, it just says c.g's can have 5 pts plus them selves and a pt can have 12 plants and 2.5 usable!

It is one of the grey area's and I beleive the pt should always come out on the pos side of the grey area not the L.E!

Im just thrilled I can grow and I can have it legaly and I can use it legaly, it is one less worry in my life!l  bawahahahahaha!

Did I realy just say one less worry hahahaha!

Peace

Having dispensaries doesn't change that. 

OOPS That's wrong. Having dispensaries CAN change growing enough to make it unaffordable, if they want to make it that way with wording in the Dispensary Bill. They could tip the scales and ruin it for thousands of us. They have already proposed wording that would tip the scales intentionally. And now we have an even worse collection of legislators playing with the wording behind our backs. 

Having dispensaries doesn't change that. 

OOPS That's wrong. Having dispensaries CAN change growing enough to make it unaffordable, if they want to make it that way with wording in the Dispensary Bill. They could tip the scales and ruin it for thousands of us. They have already proposed wording that would tip the scales intentionally. And now we have an even worse collection of legislators playing with the wording behind our backs. 

And it never stops. Just...never.

Was down at my favorite growing supply store (and favorite marihuana political speech soap box location) yesterday and I was surprised to find that everyone was looking at the Dispensary Bill as the greatest thing since sliced bread. No one had a clue that the Dispensary Bill will change the Act in a negative way. No clue that The Dispensary Bill could even change The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act into something a home grower couldn't even use anymore. I gave them some solid ideas how they could help us home growers kill the bill. All we need is 25%. It's going to be tough to call reps and pretend we are their most conservative constituents and beg them to not vote for having pot stores in our conservative communities. It's an asymmetrical way to combat those with evil plans to ruin it permanently for home growers across the State of Michigan. After the first couple of calls it gets easier. 

We are asking the cops for dispensaries if you haven't noticed yet. And laying the Act bare naked at their feet as a sacrifice. Expect to be stepped on. Ever ask a cop for a favor before? Me neither. 

I've had a LOT of contact with police over the past few years. More than one let me off the hook on traffic violations when I asked, and one told me politely how to reclaim my property. But you would not like paying the fines I wasn't able to manage that way.

Bob that's how people get confused, you only showed one lil part of the law, you didnt show the part that a pt can grow for them selves or have a c.g that they are registered to thru the state!

You cant just read part of the law, so your saying a despensarry owned by 10 people can sell it to more than 50 people?

A c.g can only have 5 pt's and grow for himself, you cannot legaly supply some one with mm who is not registered to you thru the state!

It is simple, in fact it comes with your card yr after yr,,,,,they like to remind us every time we renew that we cant have more than 5 pts, 12 plants per pt and 2.5 usable for pt's

There is also a part in the law that says you can maintain enough mm so as your pt or you have a continuis non interupted supply!

I would love to beleive it means I can grow and acre or 2 in the summer for free to last me till the next falls crop!  we cant do that, we can grow out doors but you better be within the law in every way or your not gonna be a legal pt or c.g ever again!

Peace

The section that permits an uninterrupted supply provides a means for a caregiver to work with any patient with or without registry too. It does not limit the number of caregvers or patients involved. There have to have been many thousands, or even millions, of p2p, cg2p, and cg2cg, and with one or both parties not registered. I've not heard much in the courts about that issue. Except for McQueen, what other cases are out there? Could it be that the police don't think busting those people worth their time?

Happy New Year all.

Edited by GregS

Soo, now we work at the local level. I'll be going to the Township offices today on some other business and will find those people who make things happen.

My head has been out of the game for a while.

Hi Greg!  I only heard about your issues just a week or so ago, im very sorry and wish you well my friend!

We need you to get back in the game, you prob need to also!

I would love to get together again and most likly am going to start a thread for a camp weekend this summer for pt's/cg's we all need that now and than to put a face with the name we talk to on here, plus I realy enjoy how it makes my face hurt from laughing so hard, you remember, me and you were like laughing school girls stuck on a stump lmao!

Happy New Year My Friend!

I have been thinking of you!

Peace

There have to have been many thousands, or even millions, of p2p, cg2p, and cg2cg, and with one or both parties not registered. I've not heard much in the courts about that issue. Except for McQueen, what other cases are out there? Could it be that the police don't think busting those people worth their time?

People v Green was a p2p transfer

people v tuttle was a p2p (or cg2p) transfer as the confidential informant had a valid card.

and half of the dispensary cases are p2p/cg2p cases as well.

Edited by t-pain

I've had a LOT of contact with police over the past few years. More than one let me off the hook on traffic violations when I asked, and one told me politely how to reclaim my property. But you would not like paying the fines I wasn't able to manage that way.

The section that permits an uninterrupted supply provides a means for a caregiver to work with any patient with or without registry too. It does not limit the number of caregvers or patients involved. There have to have been many thousands, or even millions, of p2p, cg2p, and cg2cg, and with one or both parties not registered. I've not heard much in the courts about that issue. Except for McQueen, what other cases are out there? Could it be that the police don't think busting those people worth their time?

Happy New Year all.

I would like to know where these 'stats' came from or if you are just making them up off the top of your head.

I feel this is the kind of careless comments that may create issues with leo etc... if/ when others read it as a truth and

then it gets spread around as such.

Edited by imiubu

I would like to know where these 'stats' came from or if you are just making them up off the top of your head.

I feel this is the kind of careless comments that may create issues with leo etc... if/ when others read it as a truth and

then it gets spread around as such.

Considering the traffic I've seen many times at GC3, it is not hard at all to consider all other open dispensaries without coming to that conclusion. Under the radar sales are common.

Not sure just who all you will find today :yahoo-wave:

The police are in.

People v Green was a p2p transfer

people v tuttle was a p2p (or cg2p) transfer as the confidential informant had a valid card.

and half of the dispensary cases are p2p/cg2p cases as well.

Tuttle's failure was in not establishing a clear, demonstrable, and admissible cg/pt relationship before the transfer. Had he done that, would he have any much less to defend, if anything at all?

Edited by GregS

thats the point greg, the police were sending in confidential informants to catch unregistered transfers between patients.

sometimes the cops use fake cards and sometimes they have real cards.

And none of them sign and notarize a document appointing the seller as their caregiver. That is more pointedly at issue.