Let's Talk Hash

Quadcarl

I'm in the UP and am wondering if there are any other hash lovers out there. Like many I was hoping laws would allow dispenseries this year but that didn't happen. I was looking forward to different varieties of hash. I'm fairly new to the area so my caregiver is literally the only guy I know, I don't go out much because I'm in an electric wheelchair. He gives me excellent MMJ, many varieties, and shatter, which is quite nice as well. But he just has someone take all of the trim for shatter, he focuses on growing grade A medicine and doesn't want to make ice water or dry sieve hash. Mainly time is an issue for him and I am welcome to some trim to run myself, I have both one and five gallon bubble bag kits, I'm not physically able to and all my friends live down in Appleton.

All that said, is there a solventless hash scene up here? I'm not complaining about shatter, it's the new craze, but why grow beautiful buds for medicinal purposes and to know a bunch of fungicide herbicide bunny muffin hasn't been sprayed on it, no mold bugs etc...only to blast butane through it, or alcohol, or hexane, blah blah blah.

I've been a huge fan of hash for about ten years ever since the first time I got some amazing bubble hash my friend brought back from California. He went out there after high school and learned how to grow and make ice hash, the things I learned from that guy are priceless, but usually simple and obvious. Using any chemical as a medium to create your concentrate will result in that in your end product. Dry sieve hash like traditionally done in Morocco and the middle east is the cleanest way to produce hash, we use ice water in modern times because we discovered trichromes sink and plant material and mold/fungus and many other impurities float.

I could go on but does anyone around here even care, some areas just aren't into hash, there's no category to discuss concentrates except the edibles, which is a waste of trim in my opinion. If you never smoked good hash you're missing out, you'll know if it's good because there's no question you topped a bowl off. Think kief times ten.

For those of you interested let's get a conversation going here. I'm in Iron Mountain and would like to meet new people, I know many techniques and can recommended tons of reading and video material on the subject. Artisan hash is getting big in California and I hope there's interest around here in true solventless hash.

Let's talk, either let's get a discussion going on here or PM me. And happy new year!!!!!

I will take bubble hash over keif hash any time of the day!

But my bho and few I know extractions are very good, I wouldnt eat it if it wasnt, you can get all of the chemical you use to extract out of it, well I dont beleive that is done with shatter but ive not made that yet, I like the way it comes out flat and on a piece of wax paper but dont care to purchase it or make it, I use oil on cigs, in bowls and I digest it, Im working on a good amount that dont give me gumby legs, so far Ive only gotten realy medicated and dont realy care what is going on around me than lmao!

so are you para or quad, if quad you must have some one helping you to smoke eh?  I have a friend that is qaud he can only move his head, he does every thing with his mouth, he has become an attny since being quad and is the best artist I know, he draws with his mouth!  Im 52 and so is he, he jumped into lake st.clair and hit a pilon under water at 17 yrs old, he didng actualy break a bone so he is very much of the opinion he will walk again even this many yrs later, he has his muscles worked on a few times a day by his c.g's. he is a very positive person and he brings joy to my life every time we talk!

I wish you well.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Peace

I made a sifter out of steel window screen, you get out a large mirror or glass table and you sift over it, its mostly some thing that only cost a few bucks, but you get all the keif you want, I actualy took mine apart, Im not a fan of dry sift, im sure glad my c.g sifter/rack or what ever the heck he was using is broken, I was getting pissed off with no keif on my left overs for making magic meds!

In the late 70's early 80's when we had dry times all we could get was hash, black hash stamped afaganahstan on it, poor us :yahoo-wave: some times we had to do hot knives or mix it with tobaco if we couldnt get a pipe in houghton lake back than,,,,we had a catholic preist father joe who shut down all of the head shops, he also shut down a brand new drive in movie theater that opened and only played triple xxx movies lol!

oh the good old days!

Peace

I'm quadriplegic technically but have shoulder and bicep function as well as left wrist. I'm also able to rotate my arms in and out and forearms/wrists as well. So I'm not messed like christopher reeves, thankfully. Seven years ago I fell off my buddys back porch after a long day of drinking down in Appleton after Oktoberfest, five feet.

I use a zippo mounted in a 2x4 on the flat side in a hole cut in with a router. The board is about 8 inches long so I can grab it with my wrists and light my bowl or cig. I'm able to load buds into a metal bowl, I'm not a glass snob since the accident function is most important. Besides my pipe is 14 years old so it's seasoned like an iron frying pan! Lol

Getting a piece of shatter on the bowl is a bit of a trick, but I got that bunny muffin figured out too. Good old hash would be easier to handle, less gluelike. That's why I started this thread really, I just don't have access as I wrote before, I have the gear and the knowledge just not the fingers.

Even if I don't meet any fellow hashishans to "sit down" with i enjoy the conversation and feel it's important to share the knowledge of techniques rather than hold them as our own for capital gain. You dig?

Check out frenchy cannoli on YouTube, his accent is thick but he's very ego free. Very simple dirt and sticks method, the man spent decades living among the Moroccans afghans Nepalese Indians etc..., learning the art of traditional hash making. His life is a dream imo

I'm going to figure out how to add videos to my posts here to make it easier to share specific videos and discussion threads. I'm using my iPad primarily, it's soooo much easier for me to use.

Anyway, check out frenchy, watch out for Matt Rize, he's got good ideas but can be an donkey rectum if you ask him questions on rollitup.org, bubbleman seems cool but corporate if you follow, he wanted to patent the name bubble hash as his own, kinda silly if you think about it, but he has a brand to sell.

Let's say some people find good medicinal benefit from the compressed crystals of the dried flowers of marihuana plants or kief hash some might call it.

What filters would you advocate using? I've read that the heads of trichomes can be as large as 120 microns so a 120-160 is a good starting point. What do others think?

On topic also. Say one was to make water/ice from the flowers of marihuana plants for medicinal benefit or bubble hash as some might call it. What would be the minimum you would run in a 5 gallon application?

Number one tip I can give for handling shatter and gooey things is to freeze it and keep it frozen. Maybe get some dry ice and a little container to keep next to you to keep it cold and more firm. Can double as a Vincent Price prop in a pinch also.

Pretty sure my "work" bag is 240 micron, and yes you can find good results in the 160, it's not always in the 70 bag. The 25 micron is such a slow drainer I never really use it, tiny yield and not the best.

I strongly suggest you watch frenchy cannoli's hash videos on YouTube, just use a wooden spoon your first run or two wait to use power tools because quality suffers greatly using kitchen mixers or paint mixers. But it's not a bad thing either, had excellent paint mixer hash.

It just breaks the plant material easier and can rupture trichrome heads, resulting in more kief like material in the end sometimes.

As for how "little" of a run to do, one handful of trim, lol! It really don't matter, you just won't get as much in the end.

Ice keeps the water cold, it's NOT a medium for trichrome removal in that a big wet ice cube doesn't "grind" all the crystals off the trim, they fall off naturally. In nature a simple insect landing on a plant drops trichromes so please keep that in mind as well. I used to be an ice grinder too, lol.

One gallon kits are available, I have both sizes, 7 bags each. Got mine on the Internet.

I'm quadriplegic technically but have shoulder and bicep function as well as left wrist. I'm also able to rotate my arms in and out and forearms/wrists as well. So I'm not messed like christopher reeves, thankfully. Seven years ago I fell off my buddys back porch after a long day of drinking down in Appleton after Oktoberfest, five feet.

I use a zippo mounted in a 2x4 on the flat side in a hole cut in with a router. The board is about 8 inches long so I can grab it with my wrists and light my bowl or cig. I'm able to load buds into a metal bowl, I'm not a glass snob since the accident function is most important. Besides my pipe is 14 years old so it's seasoned like an iron frying pan! Lol

Getting a piece of shatter on the bowl is a bit of a trick, but I got that bunny muffin figured out too. Good old hash would be easier to handle, less gluelike. That's why I started this thread really, I just don't have access as I wrote before, I have the gear and the knowledge just not the fingers.

Even if I don't meet any fellow hashishans to "sit down" with i enjoy the conversation and feel it's important to share the knowledge of techniques rather than hold them as our own for capital gain. You dig?

Check out frenchy cannoli on YouTube, his accent is thick but he's very ego free. Very simple dirt and sticks method, the man spent decades living among the Moroccans afghans Nepalese Indians etc..., learning the art of traditional hash making. His life is a dream imo

I'm going to figure out how to add videos to my posts here to make it easier to share specific videos and discussion threads. I'm using my iPad primarily, it's soooo much easier for me to use.

Anyway, check out frenchy, watch out for Matt Rize, he's got good ideas but can be an donkey rectum if you ask him questions on rollitup.org, bubbleman seems cool but corporate if you follow, he wanted to patent the name bubble hash as his own, kinda silly if you think about it, but he has a brand to sell.

well If you would like to pm me we can tell each other the countys we live in, maybe we live close enough for me to be your hands, or well only time would tell but................maybe we could just meet and work something out, do you enjoy hash oil at all?

I do love the bubble hash and would be more than willing to be the mixer guy, I have drill and whip and can travel shorter distances!  An Ice extraction is the safest/non chemical extraction and with the right mmj wow....Yea Id like to get back into the ice extractions, Im not quite where I need to be as far as sugar leafs and small budds to do any bubble hash or I would have a set of bags myself, hopefully that will change soon!

Let me know what part of the state your in and we could prob get together!

Peace

Jim

p.s maybe we can come up with an easier liter for you also!  a short 2x4 seems kinda bulky and we def need to get you into a bic lol! of course an inter changable one!

Pretty sure my "work" bag is 240 micron, and yes you can find good results in the 160, it's not always in the 70 bag. The 25 micron is such a slow drainer I never really use it, tiny yield and not the best.

I strongly suggest you watch frenchy cannoli's hash videos on YouTube, just use a wooden spoon your first run or two wait to use power tools because quality suffers greatly using kitchen mixers or paint mixers. But it's not a bad thing either, had excellent paint mixer hash.

It just breaks the plant material easier and can rupture trichrome heads, resulting in more kief like material in the end sometimes.

As for how "little" of a run to do, one handful of trim, lol! It really don't matter, you just won't get as much in the end.

Ice keeps the water cold, it's NOT a medium for trichrome removal in that a big wet ice cube doesn't "grind" all the crystals off the trim, they fall off naturally. In nature a simple insect landing on a plant drops trichromes so please keep that in mind as well. I used to be an ice grinder too, lol.

One gallon kits are available, I have both sizes, 7 bags each. Got mine on the Internet.

Thanks man. Watched a few videos but it is always great getting firsthand thoughts from people with different perspectives. Great topic, thank you!

if you were down near me i'd help ya out carl. although i'm a newbie when it comes to pulverized flowers, it would be good for me to learn the process first hand. its one thing to watch a video, yet another to do it in person :)

heres frenchy cannoli's videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgeIHacD5YcF8DISyGrDr6g/videos

i watched his video a few months ago, good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ActUTTHsGOM

(my offer to help wheelchair bound or paralyzed patients is open , preferably near the detroit metro area.)

Edited by t-pain

you just have to paste the url of the youtube.

i'm not sure on ipad, but on android, you have to hold + touch the youtube url until it highlighted, then a menu will appear, you click 'copy' , then you come to this site and in the reply box you touch and hold until the menu pops up and it says 'paste'... then the forum should change the url into the video like above^

and yeah that guy with the zippo is going to light himself on fire. i hate to laugh but darn!

No worries t-pain, eventually I'll meet someone else dumb enough to move UP here.

My goal in life is to live for at least one calendar year in the UP at some point in my life. My picture is from the footbridge at the Presque Isle Campground at the Porcupine Mountains. I love it up there. I just don't know how to make money from up there yet.

Let's say some people find good medicinal benefit from the compressed crystals of the dried flowers of marihuana plants or kief hash some might call it.

What filters would you advocate using? I've read that the heads of trichomes can be as large as 120 microns so a 120-160 is a good starting point. What do others think?

On topic also. Say one was to make water/ice from the flowers of marihuana plants for medicinal benefit or bubble hash as some might call it. What would be the minimum you would run in a 5 gallon application?

Number one tip I can give for handling shatter and gooey things is to freeze it and keep it frozen. Maybe get some dry ice and a little container to keep next to you to keep it cold and more firm. Can double as a Vincent Price prop in a pinch also.

seeing how Im not crazy about keif hash, I have a grinder that has a keif screen in it, so I only get keif from mm I grind to roll or use, I get plenty that way and I have just a small keif press it makes it solid!  I have pics in my gallery of keif hash, honey oill, etc!

I get plenty of keif from just my grinder, one time I grinded a bunch of scraps thru that grinder to grind it real fine before extractions, (it is important to grind your mm scraps or budds before extracting)  now I just use a cheap grinder I got from the dollar store, I ruined my ladys nice one and she is still p d off lol!  I just put enough in it that it works well and dont get hot, meaning the blender not the mm lol!

They also have small wooden boxes you can use as your rolling tray and get plenty of keif from, if your interested in trying it I would suggest the cheaper box or a nice grinder like I have that has the keif screen in it, that way if you are not happy with keif hash you still have the grinder for grinding your mm before vaping or rolling or burning a bowl, I grind every thing I smoke!

Peace

Apparently you can't swear lol

lol, we have a cute cuss filter hu? :)

Great thread topic Carl and welcome to the 3MA!

I am what the yoopers (above the bridge) call a troll (below the bridge) so it would be a bit of a trip to come help and hang with you.

I do hope you find someone up in your area to share common interests with... you came to a great place imo to do just that!

For those that think kief is hash, think again!

Even in my daily stash box, which has a 100 micron screen the kief contains too much plant material to press in a turkey bag with hot water. I have a screw press to make kief pucks but that's not the same as hash.

Furthermore grinding your buds or any other plant material may seem to increase your kief yields its because ground up plant matter gets through the screens. Dry sift wizard explains this well on their website, their products seem expensive, one could make their own setup buying screen online and making custom size trays.

Grade A hash is pure trichrome heads when viewed under a microscope you can tell, kief still has miniscule amounts of plant material that completely change the composition and properties like malleability and melting point.

Not that there's anything wrong with kief, hehe, I don't want to come off like an arsewhole!