Group Forms Spontaneous ‘Human Shield’ To Block Cops Arresting Man For Pot Read More At Http://thefreethoughtproject.com/group-Forms-Spontaneous-Human

bobandtorey

DELRAY BEACH, Florida – Around twenty people spontaneously formed a “human shield” to protect a Florida man from police who wanted to arrest him for smoking marijuana.

Last Saturday, at around 7:30 at night, Delray Beach police say they witnessed a man smoking what they smelled was marijuana.

When they moved to arrest him, he allegedly fled into a nearby home where a birthday party was being held.

Delray Beach Police Sgt. Nicole Guerriero said the party-goers “formed this shield” to block police and “started getting aggressive.”

“Someone hit [an] officer and pushed him away, they were throwing bottles, they were cursing and screaming at them.”

“The next thing they know, there’s 70 to 75 people out there. The officers had to use pepper spray to get people back.”

During the standoff, references to the police shooting of Eric Garner and Michael Brown were mentioned, and an object was thrown at a police cruiser, shattering it’s windshield. Four men were arrested on charges ranging from obstruction to assault on a police officer.

Video showing part of the heated incident was uploaded to YouTube

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/group-forms-spontaneous-human-shield-block-cops-arresting-man-pot/#XsddrhPYqyZAStex.99

the place to stand up is at the ballot box.  sad, some folks wait until it hits their front lawn.  a much better solution, but it requires forethought; is go to the ballot box.

mmj failed at the ballot box in florida in november. until the next ballot, they are forming human shields. whats to complain about?

What people forget is this is how things were handled back in the 70s nobody played informant and everyone had each others arse I miss those days.

I see you're in Deadford. Remember the hill at Hines Park? The cops would come up, the rocks and bottles would come down.

I'll admit as youth I wanted to be a police officer. That dream was crushed around age 13 when I understood some really nice people I was related to were basically wanted criminals for a reason that made no sense to me.

The problem is that even the good cops have to uphold bad laws. It's like the end of a movie where the villain makes the well-intentioned duped guy attack the hero. Arrest pedophiles, rapists and murderers. I think everyone here is in agreement those are times when it is nice to have someone else available to go and apprehend those people. Not sure I'd have been too excited about rounding up and riding with a posse.

I'll admit to following a Socratic path when it comes to law enforcement. The rule of law must trump all else or we shouldn't leave our houses with less than an AK and a machete. The evil is that the public needs to remind cops to obey the law. If the people wearing the badge don't take the "protect and serve" part of their oath seriously they need to go back to loss prevention where their authority is more limited.

Edited by YesMichigan

I have an AK and a machete(a really nice kukri).  I wish I could carry them everywhere. 

People would be much nicer if the old lady you cut off could  blow out your windows with her snubnose.  It'd be chaos for a while but I think people would be nicer in the long run.  I'm an anxious person(social anxiety, I basically act like everyone has a gun :) and if everyone was as afraid of society as I am, I think things would be better.   I'm crazy though. :)

I see you're in Deadford. Remember the hill at Hines Park? The cops would come up, the rocks and bottles would come down.

Moved here in 03 grew up in Monroe we hung out at Waterloo park right off the Raisin river and cops dared not come down there after dark they would leave with all their windows smashed out and a back seat full

of beer bottles you do that now they would open fire on you .

I have an AK and a machete(a really nice kukri).  I wish I could carry them everywhere. 

People would be much nicer if the old lady you cut off could  blow out your windows with her snubnose.  It'd be chaos for a while but I think people would be nicer in the long run.  I'm an anxious person(social anxiety, I basically act like everyone has a gun :) and if everyone was as afraid of society as I am, I think things would be better.   I'm crazy though. :)

We are crazy the same way and thank you for helping me feel a little more "normal". An armed society is a polite society. Treat everyone the way you want to be treated (unless you're a masochist) and most interactions will go fine. The ones that don't just smile and remember the power of walking away before they make you run.

Um, we are an armed society and we are the most violent Industrialized nation outside of wartime.

The mind of fear is a threat oriented mindset.  I suspect you also fear change and circumstances when not in full control, unfamiliar environments, sensitivity to threats  and alack of order.  Always in a state of a negativity bias triggered by fears or feelings of being threatened.

The gun will only exasperate such a condition and it is a matter of training the mind, not the scope, on resolving those issues. :-)

^^^ just an aside, but japan basically has no guns, and compared to here (or any other country iv been) that society is the most polite & publicly pleasant place I can imagine. Yes it isnt perfect, but outwardly as a visitor there, cant think of a safer/more pleasant place to be. It's rooted culturally. Now im an american, but here we are highly selfish, very little consideration to those around us... very much grounded in individualism if you will, which has consequence to our public behavior.

^^^ just an aside, but japan basically has no guns, and compared to here (or any other country iv been) that society is the most polite & publicly pleasant place I can imagine. Yes it isnt perfect, but outwardly as a visitor there, cant think of a safer/more pleasant place to be. It's rooted culturally. Now im an american, but here we are highly selfish, very little consideration to those around us... very much grounded in individualism if you will, which has consequence to our public behavior.

Fundamental differences in the formation of the countries I would speculate as the reason behind the difference. I have heard that about Japan and would like to go see it one day.

I don't have a problem with the individualism which is often seen as "selfish" but the lack of consideration for those around us I disagree with. I see a lot of people looking out for one another, it just doesn't get any press. I have to admit to feeling an abundance of safety and pleasantness when I go out and about in Metro-Detroit. I identify individuals I think desire strife and avoid them every chance I get. Far more people ready to give help than stab you in the back is my experience.

Social media illustrates the worst of a society almost devoid of modesty and decorum.

Um, we are an armed society and we are the most violent Industrialized nation outside of wartime.

The mind of fear is a threat oriented mindset.  I suspect you also fear change and circumstances when not in full control, unfamiliar environments, sensitivity to threats  and alack of order.  Always in a state of a negativity bias triggered by fears or feelings of being threatened.

The gun will only exasperate such a condition and it is a matter of training the mind, not the scope, on resolving those issues. :-)

The right people are NOT armed.  We are a society of people afraid to stand up for ourselves.  If politicians were afraid of the people things would be different.  If more cops were afraid to break into people's houses, things would be different.  I'll just agree to disagree here.

If WW2 folks were sitting on their porch with their m-16's no drive by would make it to the stop sign with anyone left alive in the car to drive.  Cops can't solve these problems, they only make it worse.

Nope, just socially anxious and if I had a gun with me I'd be less socially anxious.  But people with MJ can't protect themselves that way without more fear of being caught with a gun and MJ.  Quite presumptive though.

Edited by Norby

No, you can try and twist my comments to what you hear when you read them but that does not make it what I said.  If the right people feared and the right people didn't have to fear is what I said.

Thank you but i don't need or want your pity. I always felt pity for people who have to twist someones words to have someone to lash out against online and play armchair psychologist, so back at you.

Who are you to say what will make me feel safer and less fearful and what will make it worse?  I carry a knife and have never had to use it but feel more secure when I have it.

The reason we are violent is not guns.  It's prohibition and economic conditions.  It's civil issues which can't be solved by police IE: territories, ripoffs, etc.  Believe what you will though and feel free to not carry a gun if you feel that safe.  I am quite realistic that cops don't protect anyone, they show up to clean up and if they aren't too busy, look for the offender. The only one that can protect you is you, no one else will always be there.

And this is why I don't participate much on the internet.  Too many people with too much time to razzle people because they are in a bad mood.

Edited by Norby

Nope, just socially anxious and if I had a gun with me I'd be less socially anxious. 

Not wanting to flog a dead horse but this comment made me ponder. You and I agree on a lot of stuff so I want to understand. I was ready to get my CPL but I don't know. Part of me would rather not have it and need it as weird as that sounds. My specialty is awareness - knowing my surroundings and identifying provocateurs before they are threats. I'll say that in 40 some years I have never had need for a firearm except when shooting a deer. I'm all for 2nd amendment rights and, like you, I treat everyone as though they are carrying an AK. Not because I'm afraid of them shooting me but because I think being polite, kind and understanding of differences is the best way to avoid problems with people. Machiavelli is great for Princes and Kings but the commoner's best defense is scarcity.

I know carrying a firearm would make more socially anxious. The primary reason being I would feel compelled to get involved in situations that I should be evading. I honestly don't know. Definitely one of the difficult questions of our society.

There have only been a few times in my life I would've really liked to have had a gun.  Once when 4 guys pulled up as i was getting things out of my pickup in the city.  They called me cracker and mumbled some other crap.  I grabbed my stuff just as if nothing was happening and paid no attention.  I would've felt more secure had I had a pistol.  Would've reacted the same, I'd rather not shoot anyone let alone 1 against 4 and they probably were armed.  It'd just have been nice since I'm non confrontational and I wouldn't have been shaking as much as I was.

One time someone was tresspassing on my property on opening day and this was the 3rd time I told him to stay clear.  I had him in my crosshairs because he was wearing brown and camo and no orange.  All I could see was brown and white in teh distance.  We argued politely for a couple minutes both with loaded shotguns in hand.  He left and I hadn't seen him since.

I wouldn't say it's anyone's responsibility because they have a gun, to get involved in anything.  If i did ever get involved in someone else's arguments the gun wouldn't come out till their was reason(beating, unfair advantage or life threatening situation, I don't see robbery without violence as a reason for a gun).

For me it's the feeling of a security blanket.  I have a wife now and she's my responsibility.  I don't know the Flint or Detroit area and I'm a skinny(130-35lb) geeky white guy with glasses and have ended up in places I shouldn't have been.

For me it's the feeling of a security blanket.  I have a wife now and she's my responsibility.

It's amazing because I believe strongly in the 2nd amendment and think the percentage of Americans who want to hurt others with guns, knives or whatever is very small. I like putting holes in paper at long distances, it's just my thing. Nothing is more calming than shooting for me. To lose the world for those brief moments when it is just the target and me. The silence in my mind is as close to nirvana as I have found. Making a can dance at 200 yards beats all the hell out of any concert for me.

LEO involvement in my life is my biggest concern. I don't fear my neighbors or strangers. The men with blue uniforms follow a set of laws that I had little to no input in deciding and they want to put me behind bars for whatever arbitrary reason they can find. I'm not anti-police (as I have illustrated by my position on this topic) but they represent the biggest threat to my freedom and self-determination. How sad is it that I see what should be a "security blanket" as one more opportunity to have a cop send me to jail? I don't know but thank you for your comment. You gave me some insight to myself.

Am I wrong or isnt the intent of the second amendment to have an armed society that can defend itself against an oppressive gov't, just as it is to protect one's person & property against any specific threat that may arise from aoy other person...? All of that seems timely & relevant to me.

The biggest hinderance (to me) from owning firearms is the fact that one can be overly punished for doing so... by the gov't mind you. I have no guns but feel awfully exposed in doing so. It's just that I more fear a doubling in sentencing from an unreasonable persecution relating to my mmj use than I fear another person threatening my life.

It could be a reasonable argument that every citizen has a duty to arm themselves in order to protect their rights & freedoms. Not a gun nut, not an anarchist, have no intentions, just exploring thoughts relating to a topic. I'd certainly prefer to have protections... esp considering where I live, and those that live around me. Again, the biggest deterrence is a fear from State prosecution in doing so... which gets back to the original question.