Legal Question For Caregivers In Sw Michigan

RSJ

I've read that you cannot be a Primary Caregiver if you have a felony. But, what if you are married to a felon? Can the spouse of a felon still be a Primary Caregiver? And, if the courts never revoked his medical marijuana card, and I'm my spouse's Primary Caregiver, can he still have access to his own plants?

Thank you in advance.

- RSJ

Thank you for the prompt replies. So many grey areas...

He was his own Primary Caregiver until the state boys raided. He had one of his patients helping him with garden while out of town at a Cup when they raided. He got a felony but they never revoked his card. I saw that he can't be a Caregiver anymore now that he has a felony so he has asked me to be his Caregiver. I know very little about growing so he would be the one helping in the garden as my patient. Is that still okay?

no, the card says who is allowed to POSSESS the plants. which means if he was possessing plants, he would be in violation.

but, your husband with the felony can still grow 12 plants for himself as a patient-only.

felons can be patients and grow their own plants. he just cannot be a caregiver.

you can be a caregiver for him, and he can keep his 12 plant rights.

basically, your husband can never be in possession of more than 12 plants and still be protected by sec4. does that settle things? :)

no, the card says who is allowed to POSSESS the plants. which means if he was possessing plants, he would be in violation.

but, your husband with the felony can still grow 12 plants for himself as a patient-only.

felons can be patients and grow their own plants. he just cannot be a caregiver.

you can be a caregiver for him, and he can keep his 12 plant rights.

basically, your husband can never be in possession of more than 12 plants and still be protected by sec4. does that settle things? :)

Sure does :)

Thanks everyone!