Another Drone (Not The Flying Kind)

So you voted for Obama and thought you were scoring one for the good guys in the War on Drugs? Here is a little something about one of the people he had heading up his program. Meet Kevin Sabet director of some crap organization designed to destroy the foundation of the Republic and freedoms granted in the Bill of Rights. He won't rest until more people are denied their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

"From 2009-2011, I served in the Obama Administration as Senior Advisor at the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP). Now I am a consultant working with governments, NGOs, the media, and other organizations on a wide range of drug policy issues. My areas of specialization include evidence-based drug prevention, treatment, and law enforcement (both domestic and international), as well as the impacts of drug legalization and “medical” marijuana." That is what he wrote about himself on his webpage (again you can find it if you want I won't give this fascist a link).

Here's his gem today that made me research him:

“We need a pumping-of-the-brakes on the marijuana industry,” ***’s(I redacted organization name) president, Kevin Sabet, said in an interview. “When we have hospitalizations and burns and deaths, we need to stop many of these products from being sold.”

At least 14 Colorado children ages 3 to 7 were sent to hospitals in the first half of 2014 for accidentally ingesting marijuana products, compared with eight in 2013 and four between 2008 and 2011, "redacted organization name" said of state data. Sure does make a rationale person think "How many kids in the same demographic went to the hospital for household cleaners or hydrocodone?" But the war against freedom isn't one that allows for rationale thought. Imprison and confiscate.

http://news.yahoo.com/stricter-controls-needed-surge-marijuana-ills-u-anti-222451110.html- I'll link the initial article I read that made me look this guy up further. I'm sure many people here have disliked his position for awhile. Now that I know of him and how he feels - I say he es no bueno.

Edited by YesMichigan

I guess we should have supported the NO party and Romney???

How terrible is it that the either/or decision we make means voting in a prohibitionist regardless?

The myth that liberals are all in for freedom needs to end. Until America votes for policies over people and half-baked agendas we'll keep getting Kevin Sabets and his friends. Read up on some of those people. They talk about "nuances in drug policy" nuances while people are in jail for non-crimes. How about we let those people out, work on some laws that work THEN discuss the nuances instead of destroying people's lives first?

Life is a finite period of time. There are humans who would destroy another person's life and liberty because they had a few grams of a plant. These people are Democrats AND Republicans and they LOVE the power the war on drugs brings. You really think Obama and Romney are that different? That would be the best joke I heard today.

Sabet is a familiar known quantity. His message is being marginalized more every day. I call it shake and bake, 'cause I helped. We keep on helping with contributions in the press and social media that debunk his drivel; not a very tall order, but nonetheless fun.

I find "liberal" prohibitionists as odd creatures and worth studying.

Growers would be treated like home brewers.  Oil/wax/shatter makers and hash makers would be treated like moonshiners under the same scenerio.

I think growers would be treated like moonshiners and the unsanctioned oil/wax/shatter producer will be akin to a meth maker by the time they are done with their fear and terror indoctrination program. I see the seeds of this being sown everyday.

I think growers would be treated like moonshiners and the unsanctioned oil/wax/shatter producer will be akin to a meth maker by the time they are done with their fear and terror indoctrination program. I see the seeds of this being sown everyday.

I am just glad that there are people around who point out that these seeds are seeds of ignorance. We need more seeds of truth being sown, but things are looking up.