Becoming Cg For My Mother

ThorntonAustin

Recently I just turned 21, and I would like to become a caregiver. Mainly because of my mother, the medicine she takes makes her very nauseous and causes slight pain and discomfort, how would I go about becoming a CG for her. Im new to the site, I would like an in-depth explanation if possible, when she gets her medical card would she have to label me as her CG, and what type of paperwork would I need to obtain?. Or would I have to become a patient myself to become a CG for my mother. However I have no problem getting my medical card, but I plan to get a CPL and I know you can't have both. Thank you in advance. 

As long as you don't have a certain type of felony on your record (Assaultive crime drug sales) on your record all you need to do is send in her form  and application naming you her caregiver  you will both get a card in the mail her being your patient you being able to possess plants.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Let's see, you asked about becoming a caregiver, it just so happens that there's a tab up top with that on this here forum, I'd start here if I were you: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/page/articles/caregivers/becoming-a-caregiver

The second part of your question is a little bit more of a grey area, and there is even a pretty darn good read on the forum for that tidbit too, ultimately however it boils down to individuals and their choices of how to interpret the wording of both the rights of patients/cg's, and that of CPL's:  http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/45467-owning-firearms-and-being-a-cpl-holder/

Enjoy your time on the forums! Hope your mother gets the relief she is seeking.  :bong7bp:

Recently I just turned 21, and I would like to become a caregiver.

anyone over 21 without a felony can be a caregiver.

Mainly because of my mother, the medicine she takes makes her very nauseous and causes slight pain and discomfort, how would I go about becoming a CG for her. Im new to the site, I would like an in-depth explanation if possible, when she gets her medical card would she have to label me as her CG, and what type of paperwork would I need to obtain?. Or would I have to become a patient myself to become a CG for my mother. However I have no problem getting my medical card, but I plan to get a CPL and I know you can't have both. Thank you in advance.

paperwork:

http://www.michigan.gov/mmp

click on 'forms'. basically your mom goes to her dr, gets a rec, she fills it out and puts your name as her cg. you make some copies of your drivers license and her drivers license and send it into the state (together in one envelope) with money order/check and thats it. make sure your mom gets her follow up appts with her dr.

there is no other form to fill out, the patient+cg form is together. you dont need a change form unless shes already registered.

dunno bout CPL and mmj. ask a lawyer. but definitely get a dr rec.

you know what you could do is register for a CPL, fill out all the forms honestly , then after you get your license THEN get your card. that way you dont have to lie on any CPL form? well its an idea nayhow.

good luck to you and your mom, birfhday boy.

Edited by t-pain