Lemon Cake Question

Seefdro

Yes... I do recall these beans being big and round in shape. Fitting as the LC clone seems to be a thick, robust plant when I tended to her.

Thought these beans were conceived in 2012.-- To my surprise there fall 2011, not far off.

Looks like I tried to self pollinate in which several beans were conceived. Also crossed with L.L. OR C.C. trying to recall what it stands for??? Will remember with some extra thought... Also crossed with a Hawaiian Snow pheno I really liked in 2011 which was a beast in her own right.

Looks like I was wrong with the Barney's Blue Cheese cross... Which was my original intent to resurrect these genes.

Will pop some LC self pollinated beans and some of the LC x the L.L. or C.C. (Will figure out what the LC cross is with extra thought).

Will save the LC x HS cross for another day. ;-)

Edited by Seefdro

Answered my own question- The L.L. or C.C. is actually just L.C. and I wrote the lemon below on the bag so I would not forget it was the "Lemon Cake" in the future.... So these may ALL be self pollinated seeds, maybe not? At the time I was rolling with several strains at the time and stray pollen is always possible? Although I did attempt the self-pollinating technique.

The shape of the seed is telling though... Especially when you compare the Hawaiian Snow seed which appears to carry quite a bit of that HS genetic based on the shape of seed. Which is very similar to a true HS from Greenhouse. At least the ones I have germinated straight from breeder pack. Only difference is HS x LC is ever so slightly bigger.

For now I'm going to hold back on germinating that L.C. X H.S. cross.... Will see what happens with the current LC beans first? Let's hope they even germinate?

Should be interesting.

Always?... Remember someone always wins the lottery. It just takes one ticket.

More importantly, make sure you play often....

Maybe you never win??? But you don't know unless YOU PLAY.

Yes... The original is the original. Admirer the original... Allow it to evolve in its fractal beauty of genetics.

For the good, the bad, and the ugly. ;-)

Either way it's a great series of genetic events to be a part of.

Hope I provide a little entertainment for all in the forum via the process.

lc yield outdoors is about 1/3 of blue dream, tho it hits the same height (14 feet).  it is naturally a narrow tower whereas bd is as wide, 14 feet, as tall.  sections of bd frequently break off unless caged or tied up, not so with lc.  lc remains a pale green in contrast to bds dark green.  this last season at 60 days bd was finshed, whereas lc needed 2 more weeks, and still finished with looser, smaller buds.

Edited by pic book

In regards to "Blue Dream"... Chances are there ARE many cloned phenos being passed around. The LC I cared for, (for a few grows) was NOT a tall sativa in structure. Definitely leaned more on the indica side of the scale. My experience with Blue Dream was through a clone and the same can be said of the Double Blue Dream I cultivated. Blue Dream was a strong plant, a very good choice for someone learning how to care for MM. Remember, this is based on my assumption there are many versions of Blue Dream out there. My Blue Dream cut made some nice flowers with good density, nice aroma, etc... A good overall plant. For me BD best feature was her vigor- as I think my cut would not go down very easily against a wide range of grow issues (tough plant). In comparison to LC my cut was a thick bulky beast in structure and her flowers reflected this growth stature. Flowers were large and in my case outdid Blue Dream in terms of overall size. Especially in the region of the plant which harnesses the largest flowers during grow. That said, I did have experience growing both on natural and artificial sunlight and structure did not change much for either strain.

That said, my hope is to gauge the LC phenos and see if I should pop additional beans in the future. So these current LC beans should give me an idea of what may lurk with the others in the batch... This could be prove to be lackluster in regards to expectations OR it may provide insight and inspiration for other breeding projects at hand? Really, I don't know what to expect? Have an idea in regards to LC clone I cared for, but most likely her off spring will activate other attributes within her cellular map for life.- AND... That's the fun to look forward too... What's hidden.

The Lemon Cake I tried did have a massive expansion that some people think is the harsh. Its was very tasty. I was in search of it once but have torn down to many times to even worry about it. It was really tasty one of the more memorable. 

Yes I have been away a long time. burned out on the harsh from all the fighting that was going on and the rudeness I took time away and I am gonna dip a toe in once and awhile.

The Lemon Cake I tried did have a massive expansion that some people think is the harsh. Its was very tasty. I was in search of it once but have torn down to many times to even worry about it. It was really tasty one of the more memorable. 

Yes I have been away a long time. burned out on the harsh from all the fighting that was going on and the rudeness I took time away and I am gonna dip a toe in once and awhile.

Welcome back brother. :yahoo-wave:

Good to see you back around BigJ :yahoo-wave: