Dispensary Nearby?

Is there really an access problem? No. There is a regulation problem, and the legislature will solve it when asked.

There will be fewer dispensaries when the legislature finishes its work.

The key dispensary advocates pushing the legislature know this. A little bit o' truth slips out; QUOTE: "There will be a select few that will eventually cover the demand" Watched her drool a little bit when she said it. 

And they seem to think we don't understand the situation. lol We just don't go postal that easily ...... Can you imagine if this was an alcohol issue? The monopoly grubbing alcohol dispensary advocate would need to be in a bunker right about now. I think they would have been run outa state around late 09. 

Can't help but think that at one point we had a similar problem with alcohol...involved some Speak Easys' too if I remember it right...Some of them even had said bunkers! :yahoo-wave:

If by chance I find myself needing to travel to an acquiring center, it'll be taking me about 30-40 mins. Gotta love living right in that one spot that's pretty equal distance from pretty much everywhere haha

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

I'm in Iron Mountain, from what my caregiver told me this latest legal maneuvers put a kabash on what we were hoping would be a dispensery here. I'm unaware of anywhere within a reasonable distance to go. Any info would be much appreciated, I've been hunting for hash for months, and can't make my own because my fingers don't work (seriously). My caregiver has his trim made into shatter, which is fine but variety would be nice ie. full melt bubble. Lol

the state put the kibosh on dispensaries with their 2008 rule of "providing to your five patients only". I used to receive the green paper agreement with each new registration for a couple years.

check this first post device ? http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/44672-essential-tools-of-the-trade/

Alright buddy I bought one, I think the screen in my kief box is 100 micron, makes good kief but not fine enough. It presses but only in the screw press, can't get it to go in a turkey bag rolling a jar with boiling water in it over it, a la frenchie cannoli's techniqe. Just too much plant material getting through the 100 micron I'm thinkin. If I had a good microscope I'd look closer at the situation, I need to get one.

Anyway hopefully that shaker has a 70 micron screen then I can get some bubbly going on again! Thanks for the link.

P.S. Nobody lives around here still, lol, you guys are all downstate in Michigan, the UP is a different state, no dispenseries as far as I'm aware of. Yet you guys complain there's too many, sheesh! Lol

Alright buddy I bought one, I think the screen in my kief box is 100 micron, makes good kief but not fine enough. It presses but only in the screw press, can't get it to go in a turkey bag rolling a jar with boiling water in it over it, a la frenchie cannoli's techniqe. Just too much plant material getting through the 100 micron I'm thinkin. If I had a good microscope I'd look closer at the situation, I need to get one.

Anyway hopefully that shaker has a 70 micron screen then I can get some bubbly going on again! Thanks for the link.

P.S. Nobody lives around here still, lol, you guys are all downstate in Michigan, the UP is a different state, no dispenseries as far as I'm aware of. Yet you guys complain there's too many, sheesh! Lol

I don't think anyone here complains about there being too many dispensaries. The only complaint about dispensaries is that when they try to get legal, and succeed, they steal grow rights from home grows.  It's happening in other States and also the rep for the dispenary bill here in Michigan says he wants to trade legal dispensaries for home grow rights. Flat out said it. You can have as many dispensaries as you want as far as anyone I know is concerned. But we are not willing to trade away our grows for them. 

Wexford County Prosecuting Attorney Anthony Badovinac said qualifying patients can receive medical marijuana only from a medical marijuana caregiver, who may have a maximum of five

patients. The law did not legalize the operation of medical marijuana dispensaries, Badovinac said.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/news_story/?story_id=1823867&year=2015&issue=20150107

I'm a futuristic thinker, the end game, be it 5 or 50 years from now will almost undoubtedly allow us to grow a few plants at home unlicensed. I liken this to alcohol or tobacco. We can get home brewing equipment and legally brew at home. Furthermore you could have a passion and start a small business or become Sam Adams, lol.

I totally agree that the interim involves senseless headaches like the possibility home grows won't be allowed. But in the end, nationwide recreational legal freedom and regulation would balance the way of alcohol tolerance. Might take 50 years but that's my thinking.

Now an argument can be made if it were medically legalized but not recreational, we can't just go making aspirin and vicodin at home.

Does it suck home grows are at risk if dispenseries pop up everywhere? Yes

Will it last forever? Highly doubt it

Wexford County Prosecuting Attorney Anthony Badovinac said qualifying patients can receive medical marijuana only from a medical marijuana caregiver, who may have a maximum of five patients.

PA Badovinac must not have access to a copy of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, or perhaps he is functionally illiterate.