Dispensary Nearby?

I'm a futuristic thinker, the end game, be it 5 or 50 years from now will almost undoubtedly allow us to grow a few plants at home unlicensed. I liken this to alcohol or tobacco. We can get home brewing equipment and legally brew at home. Furthermore you could have a passion and start a small business or become Sam Adams, lol.

I totally agree that the interim involves senseless headaches like the possibility home grows won't be allowed. But in the end, nationwide recreational legal freedom and regulation would balance the way of alcohol tolerance. Might take 50 years but that's my thinking.

Now an argument can be made if it were medically legalized but not recreational, we can't just go making aspirin and vicodin at home.

Does it suck home grows are at risk if dispenseries pop up everywhere? Yes

Will it last forever? Highly doubt it

It really isn't the deal with dispensaries 'popping up everywhere'. It's that the people lobbying the legislature for new laws are willing to trade away our home grows for dispensaries. And we are sick folks NOW and don't really care what is going to happen 50 years from now or even 5 years from now. We need our grow rights NOW and can't afford to have them taken away for mostly our health reasons. So we fight NOW.

Don't be so negative, think of ways to make NOW the best you can for you. You seemed to skip over the part that I side with the home grower, that's okay, passion can blind us and enrage us easily. I agree currently proposed laws are deeply flawed in many states, that's why I mov here from Wisconsin 6 months ago, to make NOW better for me.

Don't be so negative, think of ways to make NOW the best you can for you.

What an outstanding attitude! I was temporarily paralyzed a little over a year ago and it was undoubtedly the worst experience of my life. I don't think all the baggage that goes with it can be adequately described unless you experience it firsthand.

Your courage is an inspiration to all of us.

Edited by Wild Bill

What's been a blessing for me is now that I'm 7 1/2 years in there's little to no baggage left! My situation stabilized as well as anyone could reasonably expect health wise. The first few years as a quadriplegic you need to learn how to use what's left if anything. I'm closer to paraplegic than quad to the untrained eye. Most people think christopher reeves when they think of quadriplegics but he was full on! That might be harder to deal with.

Me.....In a nutshell went from residential concrete flatwork foremen by day/ heavy metal and acoustic open mic hosting guitarist by night, and homeowner husband and father to falling over a railing 5 feet off the ground and being paralyzed in minutes. Three months later I was 27 years old living in a nursing home because my wife was divorcing me and I had nowhere to live safely. I'm lucky and two of my friends took me in and home health care entered my life only a month later.

I can reassure anyone reading this that was a reflecting point in my life.

The most humbling soul searching experience I never seen coming. And I needed it inside, I was a "go home after work and drink beer every night" kinda guy. That's the root of my divorce, withdrawal using work, beer, and the band.

Now I'm happily remarried and happy with life, just trolling on here because you can't just buy hash at a dispensery in Iron Mountain. Bout my only complaint in life today, to keep things on topic, hehe

"Positive thinking boys" - Rickey, Trailer Park Boys

I used to! Got one ace on a par 4 basket once in Wisconsin, glad I wasn't alone for that one, still got the disk too, wrote the date and hole on the back. The guy I got pounds of shwag from was a semipro so I went out with him a lot. Disc golf is huge in the Appleton area.

As for now, my left hand works wierd, when I bend my wrist back i make a fist, so I'd have to throw forearm or tomahawk style. And unfortunately i probably could only throw 10-20 feet. But I'm okay with letting it go, the game, lol!

Guitar is harder to let go. But I was pretty darn good and to revert myself to barely plucking open notes is wierd. I've sat with my acoustic on my lap trying slide guitar but it's not even close to the same. I'm tinkering with cubase, a music production software program that uses pre recorded guitars to make music. Kinda Beethoven like in that you write the staff and all the little nuances to each individual note and let the computer play it. It's pretty cool, Jason Becker does something similar.

I like the idea,THANK YOU, any other ideas of what to do with my life and time are much appreciated. My wife said write a book but that seems cheesy and cliche, inspirational feel good paralyzed story, ugh!

Probably 1/2 oz to an oz. Closer to half. Half a bowl packed snugly with a little hash patty on top 3-5 times a day would add up to about that I think. That's about how much I puff. 5 bowls a day just buds, more like 3 with shatter on top, soaks in and makes it last longer, and stronger. All things I know you already know, lol!

For the most part money isn't an issue either thankfully

Edited by Quadcarl

ok. do you use 1/2 ounce of shatter/oil a month now ?

did you know it could require 8+-  ounces of bud to produce 1/2+- ounce of oil/shatter ?

I think you need to recalculate....Doing an extraction with only bud should give you a return of a minimum of 10% .....Usually with bud the return is closer to 15%...So even at 10% the return would be 22.4 grams running 8 ounces......HJ

Edited by Hydro Jack

I'm well aware of production processes and amounts required. Back home an oz of bubble hash cost a bit more than buds, that's how I purchased it. I was lucky and my supplier got it wholesale from out west, that might skew the numbers in my experience. Oil wax and shatter certainly cost more than "regular" hash in any market. To answer the question, 5-7 grams of shatter a month is my current usage. :)

14, 15, 22.5 grams.......all covered with the " +- "

perhaps I used "bud" loosely too, as he already mentioned using "trim" for his process.

bho "blasting" results were posted here a month or two ago and those numbers were inline.

those are not my numbers.

Shatter is the next step after the blast, and could lose substantial weight when complete.

Its all good though, I just wanted to know if op was aware of the small returns.