Transporting In A Suv

I have an explorer, way in the back I have a compartment on the drivers side. or there is the spot where your jack goes right under the floor, They are way out of reach from the driver, I normaly only have mm when im alone, I dont bring people with me to get it or deliver so that is a safe place for it!

If you check out that lil spot well you may learn a few more things :drinking-coffee:

Peace

If you are a medical marijuana patient, carry it where ever the h*ll you want to. If the police question you, tell them to f*ck off because the law says nothing about how a person must  transport medical marijuana. Furthermore, if they don't know the law they need to study up on it on their own time, not yours. Now ask them if you are under arrest and, if not, are you free to go.

Just make sure that you have a camera recording the transaction because we all want to know what will happen.

I am soooooo sick of all this legal bullsh*t.

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/publicact/pdf/2012-PA-0460.pdf

The People of the State of Michigan enact:
Sec. 474. (1) A person shall not transport or possess usable marihuana as defined in section 26423 of the public health
code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.26423, in or upon a motor vehicle or any self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel
unless the usable marihuana is 1 or more of the following:
(a) Enclosed in a case that is carried in the trunk of the vehicle.
(b) Enclosed in a case that is not readily accessible from the interior of the vehicle, if the vehicle in which the person
is traveling does not have a trunk.
(2) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than
93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.(296)
EHB 4856          Act No. 460   Public Acts of 2012
Approved by the Governor   December 22, 2012
Filed with the Secretary of State  December 27, 2012
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 27, 2012
This act is ordered to take immediate effect.

Is there a compilation for prosecutions under this section?

I see all of the dispensaries telling people this is the law and selling products to help with compliance. There is no reference to a "locked case" some places make you initial that you will transport it in a locked case. Interesting that LARA doesn't reference it in anyway.

"MCL 750.474 is inconsistent with our law. just print off 750.474 and the MMMA and ask the judge to find where "trunk" or "case" is in the MMMA. as it says in MCL 333.24623:

(f) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

then MCL 333.24624:
Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege ... for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act

then later on in MCL 333.24627

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act." - taken from T-Pain post elsewhere. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/45922-is-sanilac-county-leading-the-state-in-illegal-transport-mcl-750474-tickets/page-5

I post this here so this thread can directly benefit from what has been communicated previously.

The Sanilac thread does illustrate the safest way to travel - treat your medicine as if it were a handgun and you don't have a CPL. Being serious about complying with the law and not smoking while driving makes having it in the back immaterial for me. There is some obvious "open bottle law" logic to use here to help avoid issue.

But then you get to 4th amendment rights and the logic was always have nothing in the vehicle and everything on your person. If they can't get to probable cause they can't root around in your pockets.

I think this is a nebulous question and one of the more likely things to create a challenge for a card carrying patient.

Edited by YesMichigan

I understand the reasoning that the transport law does not apply to patients, and I agree that the law is on our side. However I urge pragmatism, and as long as some jurisdictions are ignoring the mmma in this matter, play by their rules and put it in a case, in the trunk if you have one, or out of easy reach of anyone in the vehicle. Unless of course you want to be the one who "fixes" this for us all and spend tens of thousands of dollars to take your case all the way to the MSC.

If you are a medical marijuana patient, carry it where ever the h*ll you want to. If the police question you, tell them to f*ck off because the law says nothing about how a person must  transport medical marijuana. Furthermore, if they don't know the law they need to study up on it on their own time, not yours. Now ask them if you are under arrest and, if not, are you free to go.

Just make sure that you have a camera recording the transaction because we all want to know what will happen.

I am soooooo sick of all this legal bullsh*t.

I would just rather not put up with the b.s, if they find it any where like you say to put it, well you may wind up telling a judge I can put it where ever the phaq I want, I would rather just put it where I cant reach it in an suv, if im in a p/u I would put it in the back, no It dont have to be locked, but I would lock it from thieves which some times can be leo!

If your truly sick of all the b.s just put it where it cant be reached by you the pt or c.g and you shouldnt have to deal with the b.s!

Im not about to be a test case, every one I know that delivers puts it in their trunk or back of suv in a box of some sort, no it dont have to be locked, just out of reach!

Peace

I decided to put it in the trunk for the potential pull over/search/seizure issues.

I figured sure I could get pulled over.

If mj was in the car, its most likely detectable

I have no thing to prove concerning my mj card to police

chances are it was for something dumb and would

not prompt the cop to open the trunk.

Once he did I'd flash the card and make him make the choice to

break the case open, or not.

Since I got my card and no longer carried bud on my person, I've never been told to step out or open the trunk!!!  I blame the case in the trunk choice :P