60 Minutes - Update On Co Cannabis After Its First Year

mibrains

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-pot-marijuana-60-minutes/

customer001.jpg

Mindful store
CBS News

Today, you can walk into a Mindful dispensary and buy a joint for $14.53. Business is good. Sanders is planning to expand.

Meg Sanders: We're creating. We're saying, "Please, trust us. We know that we can do this right."

Bill Whitaker: I do I remember when this was rolled out everyone thought that the sky was going to fall.

Meg Sanders: It's still there. (laugh) It didn't fall. And business is thriving. And the customers are still coming through the door. So clearly, if I'm looking at my business and I'm looking at those around me, the consumer is saying, "Yeah, this works."

It seems to me they screwed up out there in imposing a 28% tax, which only keeps the black market operating by unnecessarily making prices high. They said that the black market is alive and well in CO, whereas legalization properly done would eliminate it and all the problems associated with it. I'm sure the patients out there would appreciate a 20+% decrease in the cost of their meds too. I think the CO government got greedy. 

It seems to me they screwed up out there in imposing a 28% tax, which only keeps the black market operating by unnecessarily making prices high. They said that the black market is alive and well in CO, whereas legalization properly done would eliminate it and all the problems associated with it. I'm sure the patients out there would appreciate a 20+% decrease in the cost of their meds too. I think the CO government got greedy. 

I think you are right. I don't know what it will take them to realize that the black market is encouraged by government attempts to regulate this innocuous weed. They just won't let it go. It has been their bread and butter for a long time. It is going to be hard for them to come to grips with reality.

I think you are right. I don't know what it will take them to realize that the black market is encouraged by government attempts to regulate this innocuous weed. They just won't let it go. It has been their bread and butter for a long time. It is going to be hard for them to come to grips with reality.

You know but the reality is like trying to grasp infinity so we have convinced ourselves it is something else. It is an innocuous weed the moment they stop trying to regulate it. Its value plummets and their tool of control is removed. The reality of why it is illegal is so ingrained in to each of us that we take for granted the racist nature of prohibition from day one. Average Americans know little to nothing about this. Average politicians - I honestly don't know what they know or when they learn it. I don't believe in grand conspiracies because I don't think the people who would be in charge of them are smart enough. But then again, I'm an idiot so how would I know?

It seems to me "they" determine reality and it is us who have to come to grips with their interpretation of it.

You know but the reality is like trying to grasp infinity so we have convinced ourselves it is something else. It is an innocuous weed the moment they stop trying to regulate it. Its value plummets and their tool of control is removed. The reality of why it is illegal is so ingrained in to each of us that we take for granted the racist nature of prohibition from day one. Average Americans know little to nothing about this. Average politicians - I honestly don't know what they know or when they learn it. I don't believe in grand conspiracies because I don't think the people who would be in charge of them are smart enough. But then again, I'm an idiot so how would I know?

It seems to me "they" determine reality and it is us who have to come to grips with their interpretation of it.

Reality is that which is revealed under the cold, hard light of truth. It is objective and, once understood, is unable to be denied. The big problem is going to be getting "them" to understand it. We appear to be getting there though.

Somebody made a statement on this forum a while ago that really hit the nail on the head when it comes to marijuana legalization. It went something like " A person's ability to understand a concept is directly related to how much money they stand to make or lose due to their understanding".