James Story 3

SirLongSmoke

Another court date today; the school has revoked two of the sick days previously that I had to attend and now this will be the third. Having a family and expecting income that will not be there, is hard on us. Were barely scraping by as more and more fees have been attached to this situation. The court of appeals still have not made their decision and the judge would not allow the court case to be pushed back, It will be within a couple of weeks. If the appeal does not go through, it will be an open and closed case where I will be found guilty. The reason being,that under section 8, medical marijuana will not even be discussed. As if I were doing it illegally and didn't have any of the medical cards or were legal by the state. I will loose my school job and have a felony on my record, but this is just from the justice system? It sickens me,that the people and the system ,views this is right and justified. By the way, I had a new judge and prosecuting attorney. They apparently switch positions which I thought would be beneficial for my case. What I didn't know,is the negative bias hatred poured from this judge. As if I personally wronged him in a manner and he wanted me to pay. He shot the idea of extending my case and made it apparent that he needed to make a stand against what I do. Dan, my lawyer, was dumbfounded how the judge handled it. Even the new prosecuting attorney agreed that it would be the right thing to do and looked shocked by the judges fast denial. I sit and wait for my fate and wonder will justice prevail in the end? Whatever is in store,I keep my faith strong and understanding of what needs to be unfolded for his plan. The light of good will over power the negative and bad in this situation, just maybe not the way I expect.

Just so that i can follow along if it's OK with you let me know if not and i will remove the post

My name is James Rose and I live in southwestern Michigan. I was raided by the state police today. I was in compliance with state law having an enclosed fenced area for outdoor plants. I had 24 outdoor plants within the locked gate system, locked by 2 locks at the gate. I had 32 indoor plants locked with a coded deadbolt lock inside a barn style garage. They took all my outdoor plants because they were saying the top of the fence was not fenced. That violation gave them the right to take everything including the indoor plants that were securely locked. They took all my manufactured and cured cannabis which totaled about 4 ounces. I do not know if I will receive the felonies they listed to me. I will be told via phone.

I have a clean record and have never been to jail. I work with emotional impaired students. I just try to guide them in the right direction instead of the carousel of negativeness. I work at a school as an outreach worker that will now probably be taken away from me, regardless of the outcome, because of the slander that will peruse. I'm a special Olympics coach for the basketball team at the school that I've work at for several years. I also volunteer my time as a chaperone for the Special Olympics track team. I have a wife and two beautiful little girls.

I am trying my best to deal with this situation but I need help. I need support for a push in the right direction with the Michigan law. If anyone can give me advice or help please let me know. I don't have enough money to fight this in court. Most lawyers want more than I have to even discuss the situation.
I'm asking for compassion and understanding. LETS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Will this case be taken to a jury? One would hope that a jury of reasonable people would be able to see through the judges obvious bias and want to seek the truth. I would be tempted, regardless of a contempt of court citation, to reveal to the jury that this is a MEDICAL MARIJUANA CASE. What the heck. A contempt citation seems miniscule compared to a felony conviction.

Bob I dont know if it is because I like to mess with c.o's but they never let me bring my own socks or under wear in with me, I have always had to wait until commesarry to get socks and under wear!  what is the trick?

I would def say it was mm related,, as long as the jury hears it they cant just forget because a judge tells them to not hear that lol!  when are we gonna start getting jury nulifications?  I would love to see at least one!

I wish you the best sirlongsmoke!

Peace

Sorry that the machine has touched you like this. I am interested in knowing exactly what specific charges the Prosecutor went with, if you're willing to share of course.

Stay strong.

Maintaining and manufacturing a drug home/ intent to distribute

"Stay away from the machines that make the molds, we are different and it shows."

With a contempt of Court citation

Will it be more then a citation ? or a few days in Jail ? i would wear extra socks and underwear just in case

Thanks for fighting the good fight

Am sorry what Court house ? i would like to come for support if it not to far away

Berrien county courthouse in St Joseph, MI

To make a long and complicated story short, I will have the hearing for the case on January 21st. As I sat and waited for my turn yesterday; I realized how much this judge does not agree or respect the Medical Marijuana law. I saw other cases being presented in the preliminary phase and the content of information presented doesn't seem to matter, the same result will take effect. It's as if he is almost insulted by the people who are being prosecuted. As my lawyer (Dan Grow) made a statement to one of the officers on the stand, something like " It's the judges decision to decide if that is unlawful, right judge?" and the judge directly stating " I will not answer any of your questions Mr. Grow." The negativity pours down from him like the rain from a monsoon. One patient was explaining to him, how he used medical marijuana because of slipped discs in his neck;he also was stating something to the nature of how he didn't want to get addicted to the pain medication prescribed by doctors. The judge made a comment such as "you don't want to get addicted to the pain medication but you don't mind the cancer from marijuana." REALLY? I could not believe that slander was exhausted from his mouth and it kind of sickened me to a certain extent. I've seen firsthand the devastation of prescription legal drugs,that not only ruined my mothers life but her mind. I've dealt with youth,whose parents lay around all day and do NOTHING with their life's because of the sensation of the drug Xanax. I've read many articles of children or parents both over using prescriptions and dying,but this herb that is natural and cannot be overdosed is the problem? Where is the scientific evidence to support cancer coming from cannabis anyways?

All these questions entered my mind as I sat and waited my turn. I do believe that cannabis can be a distraction,but so can many other things. Your phone, Facebook, TV, video games or anything could fall into that category. Everything in moderation is the key.

I don't know what the hearing consists of but Dan-(lawyer) and I are convening tomorrow to further discuss details. Will keep you updated!

"Stay away from the machine that makes the molds because we are different and it shows"

sirlongsmoke, print off the cancer marijuana scientific studies and give them to the judge. just for fun i guess.

to answer your question there are a shitload of NIDA funded studies that find cancer and marijuana links. NIDA has been funding full bore any study that shows a negative with marijuana and hey , they are paying top dollar... all you have to do is confound your results a little and ignore the variables and theres another research grant for you.

nida came up with this one, http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/jun2000/nida-20.htm, marijuana causing immune suppression? hah. they ran with it a number of years but have since stopped going down that tunnel it seems with all of the research saying marijuana is anti-tumor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277494/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12412843

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19638490

i'm not sure which study is best to print out, better find the nice ones to print.

heres a fun one. you think nida has any idea what its doing?

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

"It is not yet known whether marijuana smoking contributes to risk for lung cancer."

after all that research you still dont have a clue nida. NO making whoopee CLUE.

i would print this page out and highlight that gem.

ask dan to try and get a new judge if possible. (new venue)

otherwise stick to it, mr grow is a fantastic lawyer and you are in good hands. even if you may have to appeal any court decision that comes down...

Edited by t-pain

Dan (lawyer) spent a few minutes before the hearing talking about what might proceed. As I was in his office and it was almost time to leave, I started thinking about a story. Daniel and the lions den crossed my mind. If you know the story, Daniel continued to pray in front of his window of the city he lived in. Even though it was declared that you should not praise any other god except the present king,he did it anyways. He felt it was the right thing to do and he was not ashamed. The penalty, thrown into a den of hungry lions. The retribution was worth the reward thought Daniel. In the end, after spending the night in the den with a rock over it's entrance, he was unharmed in the morning. The point; I feel I have been ordered to do the same. Something that was right,justified and useful is being patronized and ultimately condemned to the den. As I told this to Dan-(lawyer) he understood the simile and agreed.

As we entered the courtroom, the nervous energy slipped away. I started to feel comfortable. The fear was no where near my heart and confidence overwhelmed. My doctor who issued my card, Dr. Prince,was the first be be brought to the stand. The prosecuting attorney grilled this man consistently with questions and kept revisiting the idea, there was no bona-fide relationship between him and I. The main reason being, that I only visited him once a year. I was really impressed with Dr. Prince's answering of the questions and how he handled the stress.

The prosecuting attorney also hammered him with questions to discredit his ability to "prescribe" a amount to his patients. The fact of the matter is that he cannot legally, he does not prescribe the medication, I do. As a caregiver, the right was handed down, directly from state law. The prosecuting attorney was trying to limit my section 8 defense by chipping the one of the 3, the bonafide relationship between doctor and caregiver/patient. If this were to be proven, my section 8 defense would be taken away and I would go to trail as if I grew this stuff illegally and never obtained my card! They kept swinging that point around to the judge consistently and never backed from it.

Dan's ability in the courtroom was

extremely potent and radiated as it was my turn to take the stand. We bonded and clicked with every question. My answering comprehension was voiced from the confidence that I achieved through rigorous prayer and guidance from The Lord. It went as well as I hoped and achieved more than I would know. We proved the three defenses pretty simply by the way Dan manifested his energy,into the displayed information. He drew on a board to conjure up a beautiful description. This proved that I did not have more than necessary to provide for my patients and covering all aspects of defense,that was needed to prove section 8.

Before it was the prosecuting attorneys turn to take a poke at me, the judge coincidently issued a 15 minute recess or break. It was as almost the same concept as calling a timeout directly before the field goal kicker gets a chance to kick, or icing as they call it. Did they want to ice me, to freeze up and let fear overtake and would it?

After about 20 or so minutes the court was back into session. As I entered the stand, no fear would over power the shield that god placed for me. I answered every question in a way, that normally I would have not been able too. Thanks to him,I shined through the darkness and radiated the room. It went so well, that the prosecuting attorney really was in awe as the right answers slipped from my mouth.

The last argument went very well as the judge and prosecuting attorney were clearly collaborating to scheme a way against me. Dan did a terrific job of turning the coin and distinctly stating our point. It was argued beautifully and brilliantly painted a picture of clarity, understanding and truth. The weight of section 8 weighed in our favor.

The judge did not make his decision, stating that he did not have a lot of experience and wanted to take time to review it. My guess is that god is poking at his heart and readily wants him to have compassion and understanding, in which he is not used too when dealing with section 8 marijuana cases. I sit and wait until Monday to figure out what may take place; until then,may peace fill all gaps of this situation and anyone else dealing with the same circumstance!

These judges and prosecutors are suffering from some type of illness. Not a physical illness, but an illness of the soul. It is a direct result of their being ignorant about the subject of marijuana.

They are apparently blinded by their hatred of marijuana and, as a result, are unable to view the facts surrounding a medical marijuana case with any kind of objectivity. It is their job to be objective. After hearing your report about feeling like God was with you there in the court room, I am beginning to wonder if the Devil hasn't found some fertile ground in our legal system. They probably think that they are doing God's work, but sometimes the Devil will pull the wool over someones eyes and make them think that they are doing good. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Well anyway, I wish you the best and remember:  You are the one who is right here.

I heard the news earlier today about section 8 defense and with no surprise,the end result being denied section 8 defense. We will appeal this decision, thanks to Dan he will bear the burden of the costs involved. He has been doing this throughout the trail, taking on the weight of the costs and ensuring my ability for the best possible outcome. Every appeal=more money, if I had to pay out of hand I would have failed miserably. My family is completely broke in the monetary department and have no funds to spare. Were scraping to get by and thanks to Dan, we can keep fighting the good fight. So I don't know where this leads or where I'm going but I know I don't walk by sight, but by faith.

These judges and prosecutors are suffering from some type of illness. Not a physical illness, but an illness of the soul. It is a direct result of their being ignorant about the subject of marijuana.

They are apparently blinded by their hatred of marijuana and, as a result, are unable to view the facts surrounding a medical marijuana case with any kind of objectivity. It is their job to be objective. After hearing your report about feeling like God was with you there in the court room, I am beginning to wonder if the Devil hasn't found some fertile ground in our legal system. They probably think that they are doing God's work, but sometimes the Devil will pull the wool over someones eyes and make them think that they are doing good. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Well anyway, I wish you the best and remember: You are the one who is right here.

Your topic of information is very true. The devil has corrupted the system. Not only the justice but our government as a whole. It's the way of this world; were not meant to overtake it. Just meant to endure it, as Christ, with every lash of the whip.