Lemon Cake "pheno Bean" Exploration.

Seefdro

So the LC beans have popped... The hope in resurrecting these beans is just to see what lurks deep inside that shell. The orchestrated array of molecular instincts created through a timeline of experience... Props go to the visionary/breeder of the stain we know as "Lemon Cake".

Was given this clone I believe in 2010... Grew her out for a bit, over about a year period (a few harvests).

My senses enjoyed several aspects of the cloned Lemon Cake but also did not like the thick heavy smoke she produced. The flower she produced was impressive and would cater for many who liked this type of quality in a medicinal botanic. For MYSELF she missed the target but has several attributes I found impressive. The hope is to find a pheno which "I may" utilize for breeding projects. This could prove as beneficial trait addition or maybe not?

Truly don't know??? In my mind, that's the allure and excitement.

Will see what happens? These phenos will be grown on a small scale as my initial intent is just to see what flowers they make before I invest on the larger scale of time, space, etc... Will preserve phenos which are promising for additional observation.

Again, props should be given to the breeder of LC in regards to genetic disposition of LC lineage (AND those before him). That said, at time of pollination (2011) there is a chance that stray pollen hit the LC clone and is then a cross of a strains I was involved with at the time... We shall see...?

Pollen was obtained through natural stress and was I able to pluck just a few bananas for the cross. The LC clone was by no means a herm riddled hybrid... So chances are the self-pollinated cross are feminized while a male in the project is most likely cross of another strain.

Enough said? Here we go.

post-8720-0-73395100-1421169154_thumb.jpg

post-8720-0-06591800-1421169168_thumb.jpg

The soil is a mix of a few different mediums with a 30 to 35% amount of perlite... Adding beneficial bacteria to the mix- have had good results with SOS (beneficial bacteria) and seedlings.

Seedlings appear to show stout disposition at inception.... Apple may not be falling to far from the tree?

post-8720-0-87800300-1421203849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seefdro

at the end of the day though, they may actually be LC, or maybe the original was just a lemon skunk pheno that rocked, or op could call it whatever he fancies. who could be the wiser without dna verification?  Breeders do this on a daily basis.

When I visited a dispensary some time ago I watched them call a kush that finished very well by a different name for sale. The whole truth became apparent to me at that moment.  

Its all good though, an I cant wait to sample some new genes!

at the end of the day though, they may actually be LC, or maybe the original was just a lemon skunk pheno that rocked, or op could call it whatever he fancies. who could be the wiser without dna verification?  Breeders do this on a daily basis.

When I visited a dispensary some time ago I watched them call a kush that finished very well by a different name for sale. The whole truth became apparent to me at that moment.  

Its all good though, an I cant wait to sample some new g

You do not know what you are talking about. The lc took friggin years to make. There is a listing fhere  of what went into it. There are so many people who think crossing things is breeding. Breeding involves looking for and isolating desired traits then stabilizing for those traits. Sure you might get lucky and get something great through randomly crossing plants but it is not breeding. Like those dogs hey any one want to buy a cocker shnoodleweiler. They used to call em mutts. 

I am glad you got my point there.

Without definitive genetic testing nobody will know much about the origins of their beloved plants. "There are so many people who think crossing things is breeding." and those cats sell and pass around seeds all the time. Maybe someone along the way had a good finish and called her seeds by another name. Then they went all around the block, and came back as the original. cant stop it, cant prove it, cant trust it either. but who cares really, no patents, its all good, and if it is helping or pleasing someone then who cares what its called right. The name of a plant will only go so far in providing the relief of the last sample tried. I do know a little of what I speak of contrary to your statement, but thank you for allowing me the chance to extrapolate on the matter for clarification.

peace

As stated... Could be a LC cross?... Maybe not?

Innocent until proven guilty... OR vice versa. ;-)

Enjoy... Will not grow these out to be large LC runway model phenos... Rather, like fishing I'm just testing out this fishing hole.

If proven, will grow them to their full potential in the future.

In regards to finding a cross... That would be nice as well, as I do think I have a chance for a male.... AND it's hard for me resist the temptation of crossing him with something... Maybe even one of the LC female phenos I may find in the bunch.

As mentioned Mr. D... Props go to YOU and those before you who made the symphony of Lemon Cake possible.

No intention of stealing thunder... Thunder speaks for itself.

These LC phenos may be prove to be nothing special?

As the saying goes, it's more about the journey.

Grassmatch, right... I also can change the pheno's name... Let's say "Lemon Shadow, Lemon Fake Cake, Lemon Lust, LC777" etc.

Are we having fun yet?

awesome! the famed clone only phenotype Lemon Lust!! parents are the lemon cake from MI!! By the time it gets to Oregon its called Lemon Lick, or Lemon Cake once again, a clone only original bred in MI . wooohoooo, pass those goods around now ya hear!

I've got a Las Vegas Lemon cut that burns the fingers when trimming. Its lemon funk is so slimy sexy it tingles your ear drums with one whiff. Pure sugar coated sex lemons. I use this one often to make my "hash tips" with the 10k light. The lemon funk and the dripping burst trichomes run down the buds in a cascade like snow caps in the mountains. Heck, it could even be the Lemon Cake for all I know. One person growing it might not be fortunate enough to enjoy a full expression, while another will be spot on with needs and end up with the bomb. One thing I know for sure is that every garden produces a different expression, even of the same cuts. google hash tips for a view of my special girls...

I am glad you got my point there.

Without definitive genetic testing nobody will know much about the origins of their beloved plants. "There are so many people who think crossing things is breeding." and those cats sell and pass around seeds all the time. Maybe someone along the way had a good finish and called her seeds by another name. Then they went all around the block, and came back as the original. cant stop it, cant prove it, cant trust it either. but who cares really, no patents, its all good, and if it is helping or pleasing someone then who cares what its called right. The name of a plant will only go so far in providing the relief of the last sample tried. I do know a little of what I speak of contrary to your statement, but thank you for allowing me the chance to extrapolate on the matter for clarification.

peace

Well i know what I made. Otherwise their is the idea of provence where as an example you have a valuable piece of art and you know the whole line of buyers and sellers over time so that you can trace back its origins. Of course with mmj that sometimes might be difficult.

Grumpy Grandpas Cake?... Just saying.

Listen... One BIG reason I get annoyed in regards to these forums... Is EGO. My God is better than yours conversation, etc... Alan Watts does a brilliant outtake on this (ego) and will post his vid on my profile if you have some downtime- Come in and enjoy... Medicate and listen, wise words indeed!

Luckily plants need us in many circumstances to exploit their life potential or wave... In a sense everything is a wave. This world we share has a symbiotic relationship which says a lot about the life wave itself... There is a natural evolutionary ego dependent on that.

In regards to Monsanto, we have our own issues in how they consider their plants proprietary. That's a whole can of worms I rather not dip into regarding "Lemon Cake". One which might be a MM conversation in the years to come?

The "Lemon Cake" seeds which I have germinated have found there way to ME (through multiple wave functions, some under my design some not).

What does that mean? First off, I have been a fan of plants for years (truly symbiotic)... ALL PLANTS FOR THAT MATTER... Very fond of nature and all it's natural wonder. To me it appears life has many possibilities... Some folks think the quantum universe is silly phony boloney. Not me...

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT time- So the "cat in the box" is very much like the "seed in the box"... It is both dead and alive until it's wave function (which is my direct action) decides to observe it quantum superposition and collapse reality into one possibility OR the other (dead or alive simultaneously) .

So... There lies my "Lemon Cake" seeds in my cryogenic storage library. Both dead and alive, to me it's pretty cool I have been given the opportunity to allow such organic quantum physics to take place right in front of me!

The wave function keeps on going... Now if I was a facilitator to a certain lineage, and knew the "buyers and sellers" and called the LC seed "ART" (even if it's a possible cross, it's still art)... The question becomes what kind of art is it? Contemporary, kinetic, conceptual, abstract, pointillist, etc... Many forms of expression. All reflected a reality (mimesis)... So in my case I feel this is an abstraction of your conceptual "LC" belief of a classical piece by let's say Van Eyck (Arnolfini Portrait or Marriage). Still this an accurate reflection of your "Lemon Cake reality" and it still is "ART". Gotta love art, lots of art!... AND interpretation.

Over time that fine Van Eyck composition has been utilized by several artist within their portfolios (body of work). Chances are Van Eyck saw a similar composition which was a different subject matter but still carried the main focal points. Point being a composition can be admired and theses selections utilized in wave function organized by the artists (the imaginative creative forces of SELECTION). Does that composition belong to Van Eyck, NO but the subject matter does... If someone copies Van Eyck for EXACTLY WHAT IT IS... It's a fake, an obvious copy of the original subject matter... Again not the composition and focal points, the subject matter has been copied.

So... The Lemon Cake Seed is full of multiple compositions. Many focal points will be similar but the piece itself will carry a very different subject matter. It's not a fake, or "Lemon Cake". Rather was made for the sake to take a ride on my "breeders wake". Granted however you describe "breeder". The art piece now has a wave function and is ALIVE... Denying its ability to achieve its own composition and focal points is NOT art... Rather it's an ego debate and in essence claiming "my God is better than your God"... When it's the same God.

post-8720-0-01518000-1422039708_thumb.jpg

post-8720-0-78217700-1422042675_thumb.jpg

post-8720-0-17241800-1422042687_thumb.jpg

Grumpy Grandpas Cake?... Just saying.

Listen... One BIG reason I get annoyed in regards to these forums... Is EGO. My God is better than yours conversation, etc... Alan Watts does a brilliant outtake on this (ego) and will post his vid on my profile if you have some downtime- Come in and enjoy... Medicate and listen, wise words indeed!

Luckily plants need us in many circumstances to exploit their life potential or wave... In a sense everything is a wave. This world we share has a symbiotic relationship which says a lot about the life wave itself... There is a natural evolutionary ego dependent on that.

In regards to Monsanto, we have our own issues in how they consider their plants proprietary. That's a whole can of worms I rather not dip into regarding "Lemon Cake". One which might be a MM conversation in the years to come?

The "Lemon Cake" seeds which I have germinated have found there way to ME (through multiple wave functions, some under my design some not).

What does that mean? First off, I have been a fan of plants for years (truly symbiotic)... ALL PLANTS FOR THAT MATTER... Very fond of nature and all it's natural wonder. To me it appears life has many possibilities... Some folks think the quantum universe is silly phony boloney. Not me...

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT time- So the "cat in the box" is very much like the "seed in the box"... It is both dead and alive until it's wave function (which is my direct action) decides to observe it quantum superposition and collapse reality into one possibility OR the other (dead or alive simultaneously) .

So... There lies my "Lemon Cake" seeds in my cryogenic storage library. Both dead and alive, to me it's pretty cool I have been given the opportunity to allow such organic quantum physics to take place right in front of me!

The wave function keeps on going... Now if I was a facilitator to a certain lineage, and knew the "buyers and sellers" and called the LC seed "ART" (even if it's a possible cross, it's still art)... The question becomes what kind of art is it? Contemporary, kinetic, conceptual, abstract, pointillist, etc... Many forms of expression. All reflected a reality (mimesis)... So in my case I feel this is an abstraction of your conceptual "LC" belief of a classical piece by let's say Van Eyck (Arnolfini Portrait or Marriage). Still this an accurate reflection of your "Lemon Cake reality" and it still is "ART". Gotta love art, lots of art!... AND interpretation.

Over time that fine Van Eyck composition has been utilized by several artist within their portfolios (body of work). Chances are Van Eyck saw a similar composition which was a different subject matter but still carried the main focal points. Point being a composition can be admired and theses selections utilized in wave function organized by the artists (the imaginative creative forces of SELECTION). Does that composition belong to Van Eyck, NO but the subject matter does... If someone copies Van Eyck for EXACTLY WHAT IT IS... It's a fake, an obvious copy of the original subject matter... Again not the composition and focal points, the subject matter has been copied.

So... The Lemon Cake Seed is full of multiple compositions. Many focal points will be similar but the piece itself will carry a very different subject matter. It's not a fake, or "Lemon Cake". Rather was made for the sake to take a ride on my "breeders wake". Granted however you describe "breeder". The art piece now has a wave function and is ALIVE... Denying its ability to achieve its own composition and focal points is NOT art... Rather it's an ego debate and in essence claiming "my God is better than your God"... When it's the same God.

Yeah and every novel is plagiarized because all the words are in the dictionary. 

Yeah and every novel is plagiarized because all the words are in the dictionary.

No sense in having a conversation with a rock either.

Plagiarized?... Think what you like. That's true freedom, I'm happy your a part of the conversation. Time to make art.

These seeds will only be a distant reflection of your LC.

If it was me I would be excited to see the results if there was that much vested in its development. Neat to see the "wave function" continuing. Again, that's me... Glad your here. ;-)

These seeds will be a small representation of their potential. In a perfect setting it would be interesting to grow out a 1,000 of these... We know we can't do that. Is that what a "real breeder" would do? What breeder wouldn't want to move to Spain and see a field of possibilities... Wouldn't that be real kew!... What incredible possibilities would be at hand.

In the past I have seen so-called great genetics prove to be flops of sorts. Again- Granted I have not been given the opportunity to have a vast field of examples from mommy and daddy... From any strain of yet.

All I can really do is get a generic idea as to how they may exhibit some general tendencies. What I did like about the Lemon Cake clone I received was that it was strong stout plant. The flowers were good, and in MY opinion not great.... Being one that likes to find interesting crosses I do believe I may be able to make a few interesting crosses I enjoy. One cross waiting in the wings is.... The Hawaiian Snow X Lemon Cake. If these seedlings prove interesting I may pop those seeds soon? These current phenos will be far from a duplicate of your prodigy you call Lemon Cake.... Might be similarities???

If you like what you see in time PM me and I can share what I know about them in greater detail... That apple that fell from the tree is here for all to view. Would it be better NOT to see you endeavor play out with another caretaker via this journal?

I'm going to go ahead and just say that it is Lemon Cake. 

Well i know what I made. Otherwise their is the idea of provence where as an example you have a valuable piece of art and you know the whole line of buyers and sellers over time so that you can trace back its origins. 

That being that case, why don't you simply re-invest the time to re-create this strain? All of the hoo-haa of how it is or isn't lemon cake because it's a cross or whatever (crossing it with itself doesn't make it a cross, just saying yo'.)

No sense in having a conversation with a rock either.

Plagiarized?... Think what you like. That's true freedom, I'm happy your a part of the conversation. Time to make art.

These seeds will only be a distant reflection of your LC.

If it was me I would be excited to see the results if there was that much vested in its development. Neat to see the "wave function" continuing. Again, that's me... Glad your here. ;-)

These seeds will be a small representation of their potential. In a perfect setting it would be interesting to grow out a 1,000 of these... We know we can't do that. Is that what a "real breeder" would do? What breeder wouldn't want to move to Spain and see a field of possibilities... Wouldn't that be real kew!... What incredible possibilities would be at hand.

In the past I have seen so-called great genetics prove to be flops of sorts. Again- Granted I have not been given the opportunity to have a vast field of examples from mommy and daddy... From any strain of yet.

All I can really do is get a generic idea as to how they may exhibit some general tendencies. What I did like about the Lemon Cake clone I received was that it was strong stout plant. The flowers were good, and in MY opinion not great.... Being one that likes to find interesting crosses I do believe I may be able to make a few interesting crosses I enjoy. One cross waiting in the wings is.... The Hawaiian Snow X Lemon Cake. If these seedlings prove interesting I may pop those seeds soon? These current phenos will be far from a duplicate of your prodigy you call Lemon Cake.... Might be similarities???

If you like what you see in time PM me and I can share what I know about them in greater detail... That apple that fell from the tree is here for all to view. Would it be better NOT to see you endeavor play out with another caretaker via this journal?

What i was referring to was simply clarification of the difference between breeding and crossing. Crossing is part of breeding, just not the whole concept. I want to see people learning about breeding and creating stable strains. As I mentioned previously you can sometimes cross two strains and get something really good. Hybrid vigor and all that. I am also more than willing to concede that you might come up with something similar to the orig if your clone selfed. might be some differences in vigor but I can't be sure of that.or you might come up with something new and wonderful as the result of a cross. Or a dud. That happens too.  You are not sure of your pollen source so you really can't say what you have. that gives you the opportunity to name it after yourself your dog or whatever floats thy boat. I hope that others are inspired to learn more about breeding.  The reason for this is simply to preserve superior strains. I bet ya whatever that there are plenty of people here there and elsewhere who recall smoking trucking balls to the walls strains or even friggin nickel bags of the stuff that they remember and would give their left nut (or ovary) to have again. Breeding is a lot about being able to replicate efforts in seed form. Frankly you could find a great plant and preserve it by cloning or tissue culture (which I really would like to become adept at) that will allow you to preserve a strain. Just recognize that cloning as a means of preserving characteristics is as good as the community that has the plants. If the last grower lets it go or even mis lables it. then it is gone. You are back to zero it terms of identification. Seeds are a really nice stable way of preserving genetics but not the only way. 

So go on with your little experiment. All I ask is you do not call it lc cause that confuses the issue. Call it LC/howl at the moon or what ever and that is fine with me. I just am trying to advocate being accurate. Now you could be a total sham. In order to preserve your reputation you should send me two lbs of whatever you create for a thorough evaluation of the best that you create. I know it would be difficult but I will give it my all. Someone has to do the heavy lifting around here!

Edited by mrd

What i was referring to was simply clarification of the difference between breeding and crossing. Crossing is part of breeding, just not the whole concept. I want to see people learning about breeding and creating stable strains. As I mentioned previously you can sometimes cross two strains and get something really good. Hybrid vigor and all that. I am also more than willing to concede that you might come up with something similar to the orig if your clone selfed. might be some differences in vigor but I can't be sure of that.or you might come up with something new and wonderful as the result of a cross. Or a dud. That happens too.  You are not sure of your pollen source so you really can't say what you have. that gives you the opportunity to name it after yourself your dog or whatever floats thy boat. I hope that others are inspired to learn more about breeding.  The reason for this is simply to preserve superior strains. I bet ya whatever that there are plenty of people here there and elsewhere who recall smoking trucking balls to the walls strains or even friggin nickel bags of the stuff that they remember and would give their left nut (or ovary) to have again. Breeding is a lot about being able to replicate efforts in seed form. Frankly you could find a great plant and preserve it by cloning or tissue culture (which I really would like to become adept at) that will allow you to preserve a strain. Just recognize that cloning as a means of preserving characteristics is as good as the community that has the plants. If the last grower lets it go or even mis lables it. then it is gone. You are back to zero it terms of identification. Seeds are a really nice stable way of preserving genetics but not the only way. 

That is beautifully stated and something that needed to be understood better back in 1986. So many great strains lost to breeding and lack of labeling and scientific process. I knew a few professional and amateur botanists who were lamenting it in 1990.

I like what Seedfro is doing and can appreciate the emotional connection a breeder would have to an original genetic strain. Great conversation, you guys working together to breed and expand knowledge could lead to a new age where we master "Light without heat."