"write Bills That Take Language Out"

slipstar059

• 1 month later...

The problem isn't how many words you use or how many words you remove the problem is people writing the law..

that dont know enough about the subject .

For example

Any one familiar with cannabis knows we select for female plants. How can you be sure your seeds are female? YOU can't until they ARE old Enough to sex yet the law counts ALL the starts as plants. A farmer would know to not count any unsexed plants. Who wrote the section counting all plants? Did they consult the agricultural committee for input?

Once they decided to allow 12 mature plants did they seek the agricultural committees advice on how to achieve that number. Say 24 seed sets less than 12 inches tall to not count against the 12 plant maximum thus allowing a rolling crop of female plants etc..

Get expert advice and get an excellent law get crackpot advice get the current set up. So much easier to write a good law than to fix a bad one.

The problem isn't how many words you use or how many words you remove the problem is people writing the law..

For example

Any one familiar with cannabis knows we select for female plants. How can you be sure your seeds are female? YOU can't until they ARE old Enough to sex yet the law counts ALL the starts as plants. A farmer would know to not count any unsexed plants. 

About the "Don't know enough about the subject" bit...what about feminized seeds there bud?

Granted I have limited experience and all, maybe I just haven't had a bad luck moment with my fem'd seeds yet. Out of the now 8 packs of fem'd seeds I've gotten(Edited: Specifically, the ones I have purchased), I've had only one particular bean start to hermy late flower, and even then it was manageable.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Granted I have limited experience and all, maybe I just haven't had a bad luck moment with my fem'd seeds yet. Out of the now 8 packs of fem'd seeds I've gotten(Edited: Specifically, the ones I have purchased), I've had only one particular bean start to hermy late flower, and even then it was manageable.

Ohh dont get me wrong I have seen many instances with many people where it does work out like that but have also seen the opposite. Glad you had that good fortune.

I've never seen a fem bean turn out to be male, purchased or home made here.

I've only seen two confused plants since 2008, Tahoe OG and a Blueberry fem. I tried and tried, even considered fixing the sex confusion, then

discarded the strain all together. couldn't be happier.  I married my fixed Tahoe with White Rhino and produced a top 5 in my book that's requested weekly now still.

If looks could determine sex Greenhouse Seeds would be all over by now I'd hope. a single snip of the first leaf can be tested for sex. a seedling can be flowered at any time from seed, showing sex pretty quickly. When it does show fem sex It can be cloned while in flower, for a guaranteed female experience.

I toss unknown sexes into a separate tray in flower for observation. Sometimes males are culled, sometimes lollipopped until the top cola produces pollen for my fun.

Edited by grassmatch

For example

Any one familiar with cannabis knows we select for female plants. How can you be sure your seeds are female? YOU can't until they ARE old Enough to sex

It is the photoperiod that will allow the plant to express its genetic sex, not age. This can be manipulated at ANY stage/age of the cannabis plant, even directly planted as seed into the flowering photoperiod.