Why Is It Illegal?

It is the Tree of Life. It would enable people to live to 150 if it was fully researched and unleashed. The world population would explode because of the decrease in mortality. More wars, disease and famine. They are saving us from ourselves, not from it but from the result of its proliferation.

I was about to post this in a thread where it had no business so I figured here was a good spot. Some people enjoy my attempts at poignant summation of the War on Drugs. I was about to go off the rails by saying the following controversial thought that has a cousin thread in this same forum location:

Republicans and Democrats share a common eugenicist penchant. Followers of the Bilderberg group know what I'm talking about. Social engineering is the goal of "The War". It has many elements and angles. It is easy to have tunnel-vision as we look at the aspect of the battle that directly pertains to us and our loved ones. This understandable myopia makes it impossible for unification. I say our voices will still be heard even though our footfalls are not, we the "common" the "rabble" are The Republic. Their only power is our fear of the lies they control.

Set the people free. Legalize all drugs. Produce heroine and cocaine for the pennies it costs and let whoever wants to use it use it in gated and private communities. Hire people to help them. It would cost a fraction of what is spent today in interdiction, prosecution and detainment. It would also reverse a century of human right's abuses for which we all carry the blame. It is racism that crosses the lines of race. The furtherance of Jim Crow laws to marginalize and alienate a sect of the society that is seen as "unproductive". We are only chafe when we accept that our bank account defines our value and liberties. That fancy words means that one person is more important than others.

Stop making users as criminals and crime will decrease.

I feel better. Be safe.

There are things going on under the surface to which we, the common man, are not privy to.

In other words, the power elite (Mitt Romney, Sheldon Adelson, the Koch brothers, the Wal-Mart heirs, et all) have ideas about how we (the 99 percent) should live our lives in relationship to the 1 percent. Are they right? I don't know, but I think they don't have much in common with me and I am pretty sure that they fear losing control.

i just wish they would put out like a manual or guidebook , it would be so much easier if we could read what they wanted us to do. because probably like 50% of us would just follow it.

seriously, if they want us to live in huts and all, i'll do it. whatever, as long as they leave everyone alone haha.

i just wish they would put out like a manual or guidebook , it would be so much easier if we could read what they wanted us to do. because probably like 50% of us would just follow it.

seriously, if they want us to live in huts and all, i'll do it. whatever, as long as they leave everyone alone haha.

Thank you. I'm laughing out loud and feeling very non-unique at the moment.

I would totally do the same. They would hate that plan. Some people are only happy when controlling the actions of others. Every masochist needs a sadist?

There are things going on under the surface to which we, the common man, are not privy to.

In other words, the power elite (Mitt Romney, Sheldon Adelson, the Koch brothers, the Wal-Mart heirs, et all) have ideas about how we (the 99 percent) should live our lives in relationship to the 1 percent. Are they right? I don't know, but I think they don't have much in common with me and I am pretty sure that they fear losing control.

All men are common. That is not disagreeing with your statement but spatting at the elitism you highlight. I'm happy to see your disdain for the 1% (which includes equal parts D and R) we're on the same side again!

Elitism is anathema to the spirit of The Republic.

I don't think that concerns them at all. I think their only fear is not making enough money regardless of what happens to their subjects.

if we didn't live in fear their demise would be swift I feel. They work diligently to keep us in that state. We enjoy that state largely, and many even medicate to tolerate it. be scared, or none of this will work :abe::devil:

My first step to not living in fear was quitting my job and going to work for myself. This meant I could be my own employer and not violate any workplace regulations and address my medical condition with medical marijuana. My second step was finding this forum and lurking for awhile and getting the answers to my questions on certification (thank you everyone again). Sending my application in the mail was a scary moment, I'll admit. I almost didn't mail it and I woke the night I mailed it wondering if I had screwed up by getting on the radar. Not living in fear was also posting here instead of being anonymous. To interact with the thoughts of others and educate myself further and, truth be told, practice my rhetoric.

What is next? What else would you advocate a person do? (not sarcastic being sincere)

Attend trials or rallies to support victims of the system? To raise our heads higher in unison to create an "I'm Spartacus!" moment? I'm in.

To run for office on the party of a person's choosing and actively work to make the changes we demand? I'm in on that one too.

I'm down for not living in fear and open to your, and others, suggestions on how we can constructively do that. I will make every effort to prevent feeding the beast with anyone's blood or money though.

Is it really Us versus Them?  I think it may be easier to wrap our heads around the actions of anti-cannabis folks if we think of them as the other team, but they are not a team any more than the pro-cannabis posters here are a team.  Those that oppose cannabis are just that, people that oppose making cannabis more accessible.  That is it. 

There is not a vast conspiracy to keep cannabis users under control.  Really, there isn't.  There are just millions of Americans that are opposed to making it available to more people.  On this issue they are united, but they are not conspiring to control the masses any more than the pro-cannabis folks are conspiring.  Yes, I know about Nixon and controlling the anti-war movement of the 60's but I am talking about today.

People oppose relaxing cannabis laws due to fear, ignorance, employment, money, morality, and yes, some for control too, but to think of these people as some secret society bent on controlling the masses is incorrect, in my opinion. 

if we didn't live in fear their demise would be swift I feel. They work diligently to keep us in that state. We enjoy that state largely, and many even medicate to tolerate it. be scared, or none of this will work :abe::devil:

It's the rat race.  If China didn't treat it's people like bunny muffin and have them make the products to put the rest of the world out of business then we wouldn't have to treat our people like bunny muffin to compete with them.  Crack that whip!!!  It COULD be much better if there wasn't a "controlling" class.

Is it really Us versus Them?  I think it may be easier to wrap our heads around the actions of anti-cannabis folks if we think of them as the other team, but they are not a team any more than the pro-cannabis posters here are a team.  Those that oppose cannabis are just that, people that oppose making cannabis more accessible.  That is it. 

There is not a vast conspiracy to keep cannabis users under control.  Really, there isn't.  There are just millions of Americans that are opposed to making it available to more people.  On this issue they are united, but they are not conspiring to control the masses any more than the pro-cannabis folks are conspiring.  Yes, I know about Nixon and controlling the anti-war movement of the 60's but I am talking about today.

People oppose relaxing cannabis laws due to fear, ignorance, employment, money, morality, and yes, some for control too, but to think of these people as some secret society bent on controlling the masses is incorrect, in my opinion. 

Ya, but we won't make them smoke pot.  They are trying to jail us for it.  It is what it is but it is still social engineering because the "anti's" have no proof that it's bad.  Quite the opposite actually.

Pro cannabis is not trying to control anything just trying not be controlled.

Edited by Norby

To put it another way.  Rich people donate to both parties to get the laws to benefit them(investments, rehab, jails).  They don't have to conspire, it's just the way the money and interests go.  Different ways to look at the same process.  Or the same way. :)

Is it really Us versus Them? I think it may be easier to wrap our heads around the actions of anti-cannabis folks if we think of them as the other team, but they are not a team any more than the pro-cannabis posters here are a team. Those that oppose cannabis are just that, people that oppose making cannabis more accessible. That is it.

There is not a vast conspiracy to keep cannabis users under control. Really, there isn't. There are just millions of Americans that are opposed to making it available to more people. On this issue they are united, but they are not conspiring to control the masses any more than the pro-cannabis folks are conspiring. Yes, I know about Nixon and controlling the anti-war movement of the 60's but I am talking about today.

I thinks it's easy ( and many of us have good reason) to be a little paranoid from time to time and its easy to see it as an "us vs them" issue. I lived through the Nixon "wars", the Narcs, the paraquat, a felony bust, etc. Just like religious (or any other) fanatics who are so blinded by their faith, their beliefs, their government, their parental/ societal conditioning/brainwashing, not to mention fear (Reefer Madness, anyone?), that they are blind to even a little bit of truth.

Most of "them" take a position based on ignorance or blind faith. I beleive the tide is turning, albeit slowly. Frankly, many of "them" will need to have a "religious experience" or die, before there's full acceptance.

I liken this to those who oppose gay rights, abortion, immigration reform, etc. they can be very opposed to these ideas until they hit home. Example, Dick Chaney certainly changed his tune when his daughter came out. Ditto for a politician (whose name I forgot) from Ohio (or was it PA?). When forced to confront a loved one who is gay, etc. one often changes their tune. Same for when a loved has cancer or some other serious condition which miraculously gets better after using a cannabis product.

I don't have much faith in politicians from either party, but I think there's some agreement that Republicans are the ones who are (mostly) standing in our way. Whether it's MJ, gay marriage ( the tide is turning fast on this one), etc. The good news is that the Rep. party is a bunch of old white men, mostly they will have to die off first, or they will need to have a "religious" conversion or the party becomes irrelevant.

So, rather than thinking of this as us vs them, I choose think of those who oppose us as being ill-informed at best, unconscious at worst. I'm on the 'glass half-full' side of things. I know what I want and will stay focused (thanks, Zap) on that. No sense focusing my attention on what I DON'T want.

the conspiration comes later , when they draft laws in the states to mandate that the privately owned prisons must be 90% capacity.

Great conversation everyone. Thank you.

I do think the Prohibitionists at the TOP of the food-chain are organized and have a plan that many would see as a "conspiracy". I believe this goes through the Republican and Democratic party. I believe this because I can't figure out how someone would want a person to sit in jail because of the possession or use of a plant. Incarcerating drug users is barbarism. I can't wrap my head around destroying a person's life any other way.

The willing pawns to the movement? I'll agree - completely not in the loop or part of the destruction. Willing dupes who are needed for the numbers at election time.

"There is not a vast conspiracy to keep cannabis users under control.  Really, there isn't.  There are just millions of Americans that are opposed to making it available to more people.  On this issue they are united, but they are not conspiring to control the masses any more than the pro-cannabis folks are conspiring.  Yes, I know about Nixon and controlling the anti-war movement of the 60's but I am talking about today."

I couldn't disagree more. I have posted pages and pages of articles here as have others. There is a mountain of evidence illustrating intentional misapplication of laws and unlawful arrests that directly fly in the face of voter approved legislation. When the representatives no longer listen to their electorate how is it anything BUT a conspiracy?

Do you think Nixon's anti-drug campaign was left in the 70s? Do you know that the CSA is still used today as the primary reason Colorado and Washington are violating Federal Law? I am curious how you think these concerns are emblematic of anachronistic behavior when the same words, notions and strategies are still employed by prohibitionists who LOVE forfeiture laws.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would like to see some evidence from your position before I agree there "Really isn't" a conspiracy to imprison and destroy the lives of cannabis users. I've seen the voters vote to stop the insanity and the top of the machine won't stop, Democrats or Republicans.

Great conversation everyone. Thank you.

I do think the Prohibitionists at the TOP of the food-chain are organized and have a plan that many would see as a "conspiracy". I believe this goes through the Republican and Democratic party. I believe this because I can't figure out how someone would want a person to sit in jail because of the possession or use of a plant. Incarcerating drug users is barbarism. I can't wrap my head around destroying a person's life any other way.

The willing pawns to the movement? I'll agree - completely not in the loop or part of the destruction. Willing dupes who are needed for the numbers at election time.

"There is not a vast conspiracy to keep cannabis users under control.  Really, there isn't.  There are just millions of Americans that are opposed to making it available to more people.  On this issue they are united, but they are not conspiring to control the masses any more than the pro-cannabis folks are conspiring.  Yes, I know about Nixon and controlling the anti-war movement of the 60's but I am talking about today."

I couldn't disagree more. I have posted pages and pages of articles here as have others. There is a mountain of evidence illustrating intentional misapplication of laws and unlawful arrests that directly fly in the face of voter approved legislation. When the representatives no longer listen to their electorate how is it anything BUT a conspiracy?

Do you think Nixon's anti-drug campaign was left in the 70s? Do you know that the CSA is still used today as the primary reason Colorado and Washington are violating Federal Law? I am curious how you think these concerns are emblematic of anachronistic behavior when the same words, notions and strategies are still employed by prohibitionists who LOVE forfeiture laws.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I would like to see some evidence from your position before I agree there "Really isn't" a conspiracy to imprison and destroy the lives of cannabis users. I've seen the voters vote to stop the insanity and the top of the machine won't stop, Democrats or Republicans.

More and more everyday I thank God that  we are allowed to possess guns. I sometimes think that it is the only reason that we have some semblance of freedom left.

You brought up China in one of your previous posts. We are in an economic war with China, but then again, the essence of Capitalism is economic warfare. They may seem to have an advantage over us in that they have complete control over their society. They don't have to "get approval" to alter course in their economy. Russia proved that this approach doesn't work in the long run. The only thing that is keeping China going is the fact that their citizens are unaware that they are being exploited. I have heard that when the Chinese economy fails, the people will riot and revolt and we will see bloodshed on a scale that hasn't been seen since the Communist Revolution.

What does all this have to do with marijuana prohibition? I think that "Our Leaders" fear that legalized drugs will make it impossible to control the "working class", upon whom they still depend to keep this country running. They see marijuana as the "foot in the door" for legalized drugs. China has complete control of their working class and I am pretty sure that there are many Industry Titans who drool over the thought of having that kind of control over the workers in the U.S. Stopping marijuana proliferation is a life and death struggle for these folks.

More and more everyday I thank God that  we are allowed to possess guns. I sometimes think that it is the only reason that we have some semblance of freedom left.

You brought up China in one of your previous posts. We are in an economic war with China, but then again, the essence of Capitalism is economic warfare. They may seem to have an advantage over us in that they have complete control over their society. They don't have to "get approval" to alter course in their economy. Russia proved that this approach doesn't work in the long run. The only thing that is keeping China going is the fact that their citizens are unaware that they are being exploited. I have heard that when the Chinese economy fails, the people will riot and revolt and we will see bloodshed on a scale that hasn't been seen since the Communist Revolution.

What does all this have to do with marijuana prohibition? I think that "Our Leaders" fear that legalized drugs will make it impossible to control the "working class", upon whom they still depend to keep this country running. They see marijuana as the "foot in the door" for legalized drugs. China has complete control of their working class and I am pretty sure that there are many Industry Titans who drool over the thought of having that kind of control over the workers in the U.S. Stopping marijuana proliferation is a life and death struggle for these folks.

You can be my VP or I'll be yours. Let's gear up for 2016...maybe 2020...

I think the nation is falling further and further behind in science, math and physical fitness. The powers that be see drugs as the reason and as a tool of control. Remove the broken robots from the pretty working ones and everything is fine. Problem is each jail cell is holding a human. A one in a trillion chance at life on this mudball, yet some fascist will say "Live in this gray cell or live in poverty because we disapprove".

If we could end the assault on our citizens we could accomplish amazing things again...Lame but I got teary just thinking that.

Politicians, court judges, and our Attorney General may have conspired in Michigan to refuse to implement the law in Michigan.  Completely agree with that.  I don't agree that there is some worldwide or some nationwide secret conspiracy, however.

What I am saying is that there are a whole lot of groups and individuals that oppose relaxing cannabis laws and some factions are organized, but most of these opponents have their own reasons for opposition.  There are plenty of opponents but that doesn't mean that there is any grand scheme to keep cannabis users down.

Do you view the pro-cannabis supporters as a conspiracy.  We are a very diverse group that are all trying to pull in the same direction on this particular issue.  I guess if you are viewing our side as a conspiracy, I could see you defining the opposition as a conspiracy too.  Otherwise, it seems to me that this is just a social issue in the midst of a change.

Politicians, court judges, and our Attorney General may have conspired in Michigan to refuse to implement the law in Michigan.  Completely agree with that.  I don't agree that there is some worldwide or some nationwide secret conspiracy, however.

What I am saying is that there are a whole lot of groups and individuals that oppose relaxing cannabis laws and some factions are organized, but most of these opponents have their own reasons for opposition.  There are plenty of opponents but that doesn't mean that there is any grand scheme to keep cannabis users down.

Do you view the pro-cannabis supporters as a conspiracy.  We are a very diverse group that are all trying to pull in the same direction on this particular issue.  I guess if you are viewing our side as a conspiracy, I could see you defining the opposition as a conspiracy too.  Otherwise, it seems to me that this is just a social issue in the midst of a change.

I don't even know that I agree that there is a conspiracy. I do know that I hold reasonable suspicion bordering on probable cause that there is. I point to the The Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 for American criminalization of it (without due process), The "Single convention on narcotic drugs 1961" as the International regulation of it, and the Uniformed Controlled Substance Act of 1970 to create forfeiture opportunities as exhibits of organized legislation designed to create forfeitures and incarceration of people for the use of drugs other than alcohol or doctor prescribed. Looking for reasons to arrest people is bad to me. I hope it is a conspiracy because then I can understand. If they are doing this trying to "help" people then...I don't know what then honestly...

Social engineering may be our schism. Do you believe it is occurring? I do. Is the War on Drugs one of the more useful tools dedicated eugenicists could have? I think it is. You can eliminate a person from society because they use a plant. You don't need to kill them. Make it so they can't work, see their family or feel safe in their person. I don't see that as an element of a "social issue in change" anymore than I would say "fewer racially motivated killings" is indicative of a "social issue in change".

It used to be labeled the "Counter-culture movement", perhaps some still use this moniker. That's the difference between a movement and a conspiracy. We are in the open saying "STOP!!!" They are in the shadows with money-grabbing hands and prisons for profit saying "Go".

All "our" side is asking for is to be left alone, can a person being pelted with rocks and running away claim conspiracy status?

When you view an opponent as some powerful, secret society, it discourages the average person from trying to push for change.  It seems hopeless as 'they' have all the money, and 'they' have all the connections and 'we' are just poor individuals with no power at all.

Looking at the opposition as a collection of people with diverse motivations helps empower us, imo.  Each of us can make a difference but we have to know our opposition and we need to be able to articulate the flaws in their arguments when the opportunities arise.

When you view an opponent as some powerful, secret society, it discourages the average person from trying to push for change.  It seems hopeless as 'they' have all the money, and 'they' have all the connections and 'we' are just poor individuals with no power at all.

Looking at the opposition as a collection of people with diverse motivations helps empower us, imo.  Each of us can make a difference but we have to know our opposition and we need to be able to articulate the flaws in their arguments when the opportunities arise.

I agree. I'll confess that I figure the people who have taken an interest and the time to read and post here are not "average person"s. I wouldn't comment on most of this to 95% of the people I have ever met.

I feel comfortable that I articulated the specifics of the "opposition" in a rational and evidential manner. The legislative tools of their organization are factual and identifiable. Until these constructs are dismantled it is impossible to tell who the opposition is. Who is pulling the strings and who is unwittingly at the end of them?