Medicated Cupcakes And Gummy Bears?

trichcycler

Does anybody cringe at the commercialized turning of (marijuana) medicine into color comic packaged candy treats ?

Not in the slightest. There are many children receiving benefit from it and parents helping them use it responsibly. I had children's chewable aspirin that tasted like orange and I still like that artificial nasty orange flavor because it reminds me of being nurtured again.

Just because medicine has always tasted bad and been joyless doesn't mean that MM has to follow the path. The movement has been about changing autocratic absolutes from the start. Look for the negative people who pretend to have every answer. Those people make me cringe much more than a THC-infused cupcake.

Not in the slightest. There are many children receiving benefit from it and parents helping them use it responsibly. I had children's chewable aspirin that tasted like orange and I still like that artificial nasty orange flavor because it reminds me of being nurtured again.

Just because medicine has always tasted bad and been joyless doesn't mean that MM has to follow the path. The movement has been about changing autocratic absolutes from the start. Look for the negative people who pretend to have every answer. Those people make me cringe much more than a THC-infused cupcake.

Children have to be dosed very precisely with cannabis and they are not the ones taking the cupcakes and gummies(I hope). 

Edited by Restorium2

In my opinion, adults need to be dosed very precisely too. That comes from years of trial and error with patients. Dosing isn't as easy as some would assume. It's a great thing when you discover a patients perfect dose and can repeat it. For that I find that a gel cap is very effective and cupcakes are fun but not very reliable for dosages. 

Children have to be dosed very precisely with cannabis and they are not the ones taking the cupcakes and gummies(I hope). 

That is an excellent point given lower body weights and one could say the components of the candy or vehicle of delivery could impact the efficacy of the medicine. This is again not unique to MM I would contend but your point must be factored by people wanting to make effective medibles.

I have honestly never had tried a gel cap. You seem to have knowledge in regards to them. Do you know of people who use them for nausea, say as a pre-meal to aid in avoidance? I'm always concerned about taking anything before a meal because if it doesn't work I don't want to taste it later.

Im all for it, land of the free right?

That said, products like that seem to get in the way of having productive debates with MMJ naysayers. It plays right into their hands that we're using MMJ as an excuse to have fun and get high. Not that nobody has ever done such a terrible thing, lol.

I feel like that goes hand in hand with these documentaries that NEVER get "real" and show a guy like me using medically. I'm serious, I've never seen a network marijuana "exposé" spend 5 minutes with someone in a wheelchair. It's always the same crap, show some greedy people trying to get rich, blatantly breaking the law, and trying to be cool.

So although I have no problem with my neighbor making "funny" bears, I personally wouldn't because I feel like it's taking away from the seriousness of the overall MMJ debate nationwide.

:)

Im all for it, land of the free right?

That said, products like that seem to get in the way of having productive debates with MMJ naysayers. It plays right into their hands that we're using MMJ as an excuse to have fun and get high. Not that nobody has ever done such a terrible thing, lol.

I feel like that goes hand in hand with these documentaries that NEVER get "real" and show a guy like me using medically. I'm serious, I've never seen a network marijuana "exposé" spend 5 minutes with someone in a wheelchair. It's always the same crap, show some greedy people trying to get rich, blatantly breaking the law, and trying to be cool.

So although I have no problem with my neighbor making "funny" bears, I personally wouldn't because I feel like it's taking away from the seriousness of the overall MMJ debate nationwide.

:)

I like your comment and your point about them rarely showing the seriously ill is most astute and I didn't really think about it until you said it. It is always the kid who doesn't get seizures anymore looking happy and healthy playing basketball or the woman with nerve pain but looking healthy and vaporizing.

The bold part, you're right and I hate that you are. Perception creates reality and you hit the nail on the head. Frustrating because nobody ever said that a throat lozenge didn't work because it was cherry instead of nasty medicine flavored.

It's a common misconception that cannabis extract has to taste bad. Like it needs a spoon full of sugar to help it go down. That might have been true in some circles in the old days. Now you can put a tiny bit in a tiny gel cap and swallow it. It's tasteless. You have to have a firm understanding of that option to know you didn't need the sugar to make it go down. I used to make cannabutter too until I found the gel cap option.

It's a common misconception that cannabis extract has to taste bad. Like it needs a spoon full of sugar to help it go down. That might have been true in some circles in the old days. Now you can put a tiny bit in a tiny gel cap and swallow it. It's tasteless. You have to have a firm understanding of that option to know you didn't need the sugar to make it go down. I used to make cannabutter too until I found the gel cap option.

I have some candies that I love. The slow time release of the lozenge is very beneficial to my condition and provides the relief I sought by getting my card. I honestly don't know if a capsule would help in that scenario but I prefer having my medicines in their rawest form orally before sending them through peristalsis.

I have some candies that I love. The slow time release of the lozenge is very beneficial to my condition and provides the relief I sought by getting my card. I honestly don't know if a capsule would help in that scenario but I prefer having my medicines in their rawest form orally before sending them through peristalsis.

What is your condition and why wouldn't a gel cap do the same thing?

Any size, shape, color, flavor... to any and all who chose it. Any shop I have visited has labeling my

dosage can be monitored/ adjusted.  Children in MI require the parents as CG and are responsible

for dosing. I don't see where children's dosage has anything to do with the 'commercial' market.

I have no control over what others do and prefer to not bang my head over things like this.

The canna market is here and I think that is just fabulous.  We do exist on a capitalistic plane.

What is your condition and why wouldn't a gel cap do the same thing?

My condition is related to nausea. The timing of swallowing a capsule and having it digested before regurgitation occurs is tricky. My situation is controlled though so it's all good.

My question is: what is the usual dosage that you see as effective in these cases? While I am sure it varies I would like to know if we are talking .2 mL or what volume is used in such treatment with gel caps. I'm also curious about the extraction method you use and which method you would prefer to have used. Thanks.

cooked cannabis did actually taste icky in the old days. Using a concrete extract into a batch of cookies has no taste. when I made edibles I would individually dose each "piece" to assure a uniform experience.

hard candies dosed with cannabis are easy to make, as is caramels, and Swedish fish(jello, btw). these options allow easy dosing. I don't provide my patients with edibles, but I have created some myself. usually out of a creative flair, and as a way to waste time and cups of sugar.

My condition is related to nausea. The timing of swallowing a capsule and having it digested before regurgitation occurs is tricky. My situation is controlled though so it's all good.

My question is: what is the usual dosage that you see as effective in these cases? While I am sure it varies I would like to know if we are talking .2 mL or what volume is used in such treatment with gel caps. I'm also curious about the extraction method you use and which method you would prefer to have used. Thanks.

It varies GREATLY between patients and conditions. Each patient is unique. Which is one of the major reasons I find that having good control on dosing is a must. There's no way to ingest cannabis with more control on dosing than with a gel cap. When people feel good dosing can vary without much problem. When people are sick the dosage is crucial. 

medicine into color comic packaged candy treats

Great idea if you subtract the potential for partial/over dosage and the mom's with their undies all in a bunch. Other than that it's all good!

If one candy is known to have (for example) .3 mL of medicine. How is that different than ingesting a .3mL capsule? If we're factoring inert ingredients and their impact on their system then I'm out because I'm not an M.D. I do have extensive prescription drug administration knowledge and experience though and have prepared medications in nearly every form and delivery mode.

(nearly was added because I screwed up and used an absolute...bad bad...of course there are modes and forms I'm not even aware of)

Edited by YesMichigan

only if you think cupcakes and gummy bears are only for children.

some people cringe at the fact that many smoke their meds as a means of dosing a medicine.

I personally could care less what users ix their buds with. I do feel we should draw the line.....perhaps at candy joints

and pipes? although I as an adult always wanted some of those candy one hitters......

If one candy is known to have (for example) .3 mL of medicine. How is that different than ingesting a .3mL capsule? If we're factoring inert ingredients and their impact on their system then I'm out because I'm not an M.D. I do have extensive prescription drug administration knowledge and experience though and have prepared medications in nearly every form and delivery mode.

(nearly was added because I screwed up and used an absolute...bad bad...of course there are modes and forms I'm not even aware of)

Amalgamation has it's limitations that you don't see with medicine in it's pure form. I know it can be done but I don't have the greatest confidence in the amalgamation processes used by some of these candy and cake makers. 

some people cringe at the fact that many smoke their meds as a means of dosing a medicine.

I personally could care less what users ix their buds with. I do feel we should draw the line.....perhaps at candy joints

and pipes? although I as an adult always wanted some of those candy one hitters......

Who hasn't made a pipe out of an apple?

In my case edibles and tinctures provide an easy way to take a small dose, comparable to taking one or two hits on a pipe. Many times I don't need a full dose so I can cut a brownie in quarters or take a half dropper of tincture.

It's easier than keeping an array of varied dosage capsules around. It all depends on individual needs.

In my case edibles and tinctures provide an easy way to take a small dose, comparable to taking one or two hits on a pipe. Many times I don't need a full dose so I can cut a brownie in quarters or take a half dropper of tincture.

It's easier than keeping an array of varied dosage capsules around. It all depends on individual needs.

If you want to have it easy with gel caps you have a graduated syringe(has measurement on it), some empty gel caps, and your options are infinitely variable. It wouldn't be as well 'hidden' as a cookie, but no one would confuse it for something to eat, it's always going to look like medicine.