Doctor Gets 5 Years Prison For Prescribing Oxy

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2015/01/doctor_gets_more_than_five_yea.html

His lawyer cited pro bono care Milliner often provided to elderly and impoverished patients in asking for the lighter sentences.

But federal officials cited widespread prescription drug overdose deaths in describing the seriousness of the crime.

the war on doctors continues.

this is important , because it means the next doctor, YOUR DOCTOR, will look at this and say 'oh, flower that noise. no more oxy prescriptions from me'. so now your mom, your sister, your cousin cant get any more painkillers from her doctor, all because the dea is punishing a doctor for something SOMEONE ELSE DID.

How many of these Oxy abusers wouldn't touch the stuff if they could use marijuana for recreation? How many people turn to harder "legal" alternatives because they want what marijuana does?

But for sure, this is terrible. Anyone wanting to increase the use of heroine in the US would think this is a great thing.

Something tells me Purdue Pharma isn't going to lose many pill sales, guessing their facilities have back doors as well as front. It's real easy to talk about how "strict" you are about your release of products to the US market when you know they will smuggle them over the Mexican border from all over the globe where you sell them freely to keep your "customers" coming back.

It is back to recreational use of a prescription medication. Oxycontin is, in its own right, a miracle drug that relieves the pain of millions each day. It is also used for "recreation" or "diversion". Should we imprison people for wanting to divert their attention if they are not hurting anyone by doing it or force them to use black market pseudo-substances to replicate the effect because of Prohibition? I already have that in a thread so it's rhetorical.

Funny g,m let me google that for you bawahahahahaha!

like it says rx's are the number one killing drugs in our nation, I have been able to get scripts from dr's all of my life, back in the day we used to go to fat dr's they would charge you 20 bucks and give you 7 brown and clears right at the office, the dr. actualy had you pay him in the pt room and he gave you your pills in a lil envelope right than and there,

People hooked on prescription medications dr. shop,( i was on of them) I used to buy some on the street when my rx ran out and I always wondered how can these people sell their script and I cant get mine to last, I never have stuck a needle in my arm but have done oxci's morphine, morphin patches(duragesic), loratabs, vic hp's xanax, I had no plans on quiting until I almost died from not having them!

I have had dr's write me scripts and say I had to fill them at a certain place and come back and give them that script and than they gave me one to go to my own pharmacy! I paid this dr with a sack when I went to see him, but he also would leave a script pad at my friends moms house and she wrote us them also, back in the tylenol 4 days and valium.

The first mm dr. who had a brick and mortar lost his liscense, when you signed in they had a spot for you to write your pharmacy down, I have never signed in at a dr.s office that had pharmacy on the sign in sheet, I hated going there it was totaly a drug dr. and if you couldnt tell from sitting in the waiting room half a day listening to other pts talk you had to be just plain stupid, but like I said Ive been to all of them kind of dr.'s before I tried getting legal mm and almost dying form rx's, I still have to take a few dif rx's for my head issues or should I say my mood issues lol, I want to get off of them more than anything in the world, but I dont like myself off of them and no one else does either! 

and I beleive alcohol is the stepping stone for drugs not mmj, I had alcohol way before I ever seen mmj, I used to grab one of the old mans beers and a pack of his smokes when I was like 7 yrs old, I am not b.s ing, by 5th grade me and a friend were drinking liquir after lunch on our way back to school!

Peace

I've seen many people's written rx printed professionally on the back side with the name, address and phone number of the pharmacy to fill them at, recently. I've known of a doctor to operate right next door to his wife's pharmacy, a constant mill through the evenings 7 days a week with lines of puking people out to the parking lot, in the 70's.  The kickback scheme is alive and well in America. The biggest drug pushers on the planet have been identified. ...... get the one natural plant that could replace/enhance efficacy off of the streets and jail those who produce, sell, use it.  This part is clear. What's next? 

My personal favorite is my dentist. Doesn't like nitrous but will write a scrip for Vicodin after a routine cleaning.

I wonder what he'd think of my old hippy dentist in the Birkenstock capital of the world, Homer, AK?

In the seventies he'd let his regulars adjust the NO2 regulator to their liking but didn't like to use Novocain until their discomfort (and/or screams of pain) became too obvious to ignore.

Edited by outsideinthecold