Seriously!

me and my lady eat a bag of chips at wallmart all the time, we always have the empty bag in our cart and pay for it when we check out,,,,a friend of mine used to take her mother with her to wallmarts so she could get exercise while daughter shopped, mom was drinking a bottle of wine a few times a week while at wallmarts, she got arrested and had to go to court lmao, I think it is funny as heck her mom is like in her 80's and she def knew she was doing wrong, I had to go watch the court date for schits and giggles, she got fined 500 bucks and a yr probation and she is not allowed at that wallmart any longer!

Peace

I see the people eating stuff in the store and always figured as long as they pay at the end whatever. I'll admit I've never done it. I hate being hassled, questioned or even looked at by anyone for anything they might perceive as a reason to confront me. If there is confronting I like to be the one doing it first. I got caught trying to steal a squirt-gun by my dad when I was young (Ever been to the Pink Store between Rose City and Mio? I know that's your stomping ground) and realized at a young age that I would never steal or put myself in a position to ever be accused of stealing.

It is kind of on topic as I think the OP is talking about ethics as much as anything else. It makes me smile to think of how many plants are growing in Michigan tonight. Yes Michigan!

Nope, the 2 closest stores to me closed in the last 2 months.  I think what your seeing is a lot of caregivers giving up.  It's a lot harder than they thought and you are seeing a dropoff.  At a certain point the worst at it are going to give up as prices have come down.  With the legality issues it's becoming just not worth it, esp in certain counties.  And with people like me getting driven out of our states because of persecution, there is more experienced people coming in and moving more off the bottom of the list.  If dispenses were legal, people like me, with generally better quality than what's found in most dispensaries, would grow more and up the quality and move more bottom end product out.

People like me are recycling their soils, which most stores were selling at cost to get customers in teh door.  Once the overpriced nutes aren't needed as much you'll see a cut back.  Like anything the law created a boom with many more people getting in than there was "room" for?

I can't say if my views are accurate but the logic seems sound? :)

I see the people eating stuff in the store and always figured as long as they pay at the end whatever. I'll admit I've never done it. I hate being hassled, questioned or even looked at by anyone for anything they might perceive as a reason to confront me. If there is confronting I like to be the one doing it first. I got caught trying to steal a squirt-gun by my dad when I was young (Ever been to the Pink Store between Rose City and Mio? I know that's your stomping ground) and realized at a young age that I would never steal or put myself in a position to ever be accused of stealing.

It is kind of on topic as I think the OP is talking about ethics as much as anything else. It makes me smile to think of how many plants are growing in Michigan tonight. Yes Michigan!

The old lady should not have been doing what she did, but wall mart had like 3 months worth of video's of her doing it, does it realy take that long to notice what they are recording and seeing live?  why wouldnt they grab the lady the 1st time and make the daughter aware so they could pay for it and the daughter could leave mom at home or keep a better eye on her?

still funny, its not like she cant afford the fine, but I think wallmart could have stopped it alot quicker!

Peace

Are caregivers really giving up?

Are they just going back underground?

Have they discovered better sources than the grow shops for supplies... perhaps?

Dunno.. just throwing that out there.

I don't care for assumptions as to 'a lot', 'many', 'most of'..., as I've stated before.

How do any of us know 'a lot, many, most of etc...' based on limited personal experience and media bs?

The genie is out of the bottle and it's not going back in. Stores go out of business for a variety of reasons. First time business owners in particular.

What I look at is the number of customers needed per store to enable them to stay open and thrive. Whenever I go to my favorite grow shop there are usually three to six patrons, sometimes twice that. So we can conservatively assume they have at least 25 patrons per day. If they are open six days a week that's 150 per store each week.

Now multiply that by the number of shops. That should give you general idea of how many are growing indoors.

Of course, some may only be growing collard greens.

Edited by Wild Bill

I agree their are more and more growers, alot of pt's are growing now also because their c.g's have taught them to grow and get started!  Most c.g's I know want their pt's to learn to grow their own if they can, the ones that cant well they are hopefuly long time customers/pt's,  When I had my own business if people didnt learn from me and go off on their own like I did, I felt I was'nt doing my job right!  Most people want others to do well, I know I do, When you are doing things for the right reason it is easy to sleep well at night and feel good about yourself, and have your pt's feel good about them selves and know they can count on you!

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking. This has been on my mind for a while. An I feel like a few of you on hear feel the same way. Not every one. But a few.

Theres so many people that are just useing the medical Marijuana system to make $ it's disgusting. Like these people are totaly immoral.

What kind of person, would have two pataints plus themselves and a rotation of 12 plants, = 12 clones, 12 veg, and 12 flower. There harvesting like a pound / pound and Halph a month off 2 1000 watt light lights.

If between them, and there pataints, they only use maybe a halph pound. What gives them the right to sell the the left over pound every month for like $ 3000.00 DOLLARS. Like what type of person, would even consider that. They would halph to be the lowest low life's EVER! DIRTY DRUG DEALERS, are what they are. Totaly takeing advatage of there pataints. Makeing a profit off of the backs of sick people, it's disgusting. I just can't BELEAVE IT. These are not the people the law was suppose to protect!

That Marijuana should be destroyed or they shouldn't grow so much! Not sold to make money. It's against the LAW and WRONG! It's SO WRONG, its immoral! An against the LAW!

This medical Marijuana act wasn't meant, for people to be selling weed. It was meant for sick people to smoke for free, and grow. All that excess Marijuana is WRONG.

That's a fact not my opion, and it's RIGHT! An if you don't agree with me. Your stupid and a BAD person.

holy crap I hope you don't vote, in theory I agree, just find someone in need. but on the other hand I don't jive with the attitude on what level is that helping our cause ithink we need to be careful about what were itching about. our lovely lawmakers would love to ease the responsibility for us.  squeaky wheel gets greased good or bad!

i figure all the marijuana produced in michigan is going to help people, mostly people in the program, maybe some people not in the program. but its going to the people.

as we all (and 63% of michigan) agrees that marijuana IS medicine, if some people make a buck on selling medicine to people who willingly buy said medicine , i dont see a problem with that american capitalist system.

could it be non-profit? cheaper, even free or near-free medicine? of course!!

but the only thing that will make prices drop is full out 100% no-limit legalization where anyone can grow it freely and not worry about being arrested.

What's more, until it is completely and utterly legal, it will always be cheaper and better the lighter the regulation.

I disagree, Monsanto will find a way to make it worse.  Especially without the regulation.  they'll just underhandedly gain market share like they did with the regulated food market.  Cheaper, maybe, but worse.  Regulate anyone over 100 plants, although they would find a way around that too.  The problem is that the more that's grown, the more the pest problems will grow.  Monocultures create problems.

Edited by Norby