Vaccinations

mp4c

With the recent "outbreak" of measles in California, the topic of childhood immunizations is definitely a hot one. Some people advocate for forced immunizations for everyone while others fight to be able to maintain the right to choose to forego vaccinations for their child based on personal belief.

I am curious to know what people in our community think about this topic -

Should children be forced to receive any immunizations?

What about in cases where the child is medically fragile?

Should personal objections be eliminated while still allowing for religious?

Looking forward to some spirited debate!

I know there are mandatory programs in parts of Europe, too. There are also countries that financially incent people to vaccinate. 

Michigan is a rare example of a state that still allows philisophical exemptions to immunization requirements for entry to public school. Most states allow only religious or medical exemptions. Mississippi and West Virginia allow only medical waivers.

Is this right? Is the potential risk to public health so great that we must give up our freedom to choose? 

mp4c,

welcome to the forum. please consider changing your avatar picture. children could be victimized by over zealous teachers, students, neighbors, or in future circumstances, just for being the kid of a medical cannabis user in a marijuana forum. just my opinioin of course, stay safe.

peace

Hi grassmatch,

The picture is a before and after picture of my son, Ryan. He became a state certified cannabis patient at 3 years of age. We are advocates for medical pediatric cannabis patients and their families. I genuinely appreciate your concern, and agree that there is some risk to our actions, however, we believe sharing Ryan and his story with the community is how we are going to guarantee his, and other children's, well being here in our great state of Michigan.

If you are interested in our story you can read about it at http://thecompassionchronicles.com/2014/05/28/his-life-depends-on-it/

Edited by mp4c

i think we should encourage people to not get vaccines.

its called natural selection. survival of the fittest.

let those with the stupid genes die out already. let them get the measels and die.

yes it sucks when a get gets polio and is crippled for life, but that kid will be an example for all other parents out there to get vaccinated.

its only recently that polio was almost wiped out and no one saw how horrible it is that people stopped getting polio vaccines. when you start getting a bunch of crippled kids again, the vaccine numbers will bounce back.

Some parents are so ignorant, or self centered, their kids need to be protected from their idiotic ideas and selfishness .... and so vaccines became manditory. 

It feels all warm and fuzzy to take a stand about freedom until you see how some parental freedoms can harm the most innocent among us. You really need to be very careful where and when you get out your freedom soap box. It doesn't fit every situation. I had a friend that got polio because his parents were terrible. He suffered until he died at 22. The warm and fuzzy gone yet? 

I want to see irrefutable proof that all these vaccinations are indeed necessary and that they do not bring with

them the horrendous side effects that we are hearing about. 

I believe that the Polio vaccine was the last frontier in vaccines and since not one has proven effective.

I may be wrong however, and if you have proof otherwise, bring it.

I for one do not trust my government and do not believe they have our children's best interest in mind. 

I will not ever have another government approved shot or vaccine unless I am held down and forced to do so.

I want to see irrefutable proof that all these vaccinations are indeed necessary and that they do not bring with

them the horrendous side effects that we are hearing about. 

I believe that the Polio vaccine was the last frontier in vaccines and since not one has proven effective.

I may be wrong however, and if you have proof otherwise, bring it.

I for one do not trust my government and do not believe they have our children's best interest in mind. 

I will not ever have another government approved shot or vaccine unless I am held down and forced to do so.

Side effects of the major vaccines affect a relatively small portion of users as compared to your prognosis if you get the disease itself. Not to mention if people didn't get the vaccines then they would easily spread the disease to others.  When you examine a medicine you need to weigh the good and the bad.

Until I see proof, I am not believing the media hype.

How many vaccines have been pulled? How many ave been discovered that were tainted?

How many have died of the exact disease that they were immunized against?

Go on and sling your mud, I am not having it.

Yes, we need to be responsible of course and I am not advocating otherwise.

Unless you can show me proof and not opinions, I stand my ground.