The Effect Of 12/6 Light Cycle

pic book

The effect of 12/6...  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will be: (check all correct answers)

• to increase the electric bill by 25%.
    • to increase yield.
    • to hermie the crop and produce seeded bud.
    • to produce a crop that never matures.
    • to make loose, runny buds.
    • to finish pit bull in just 21 days (28 cycles).
    • to cause me to wonder, if 6 hours is enuf, just how short can the dark cycle be?

I've read that also, and do well with 18 on, but better with 24 on. I await an issue but have not detected one yet. Its hard to say what stresses when one garden shows no signs, another shows obvious signs, and some signs are misread and missed all together even. That's why we adjust our individual gardens to work for our situations intimately. Maybe the type of light would matter ? I know It took me some years to compare sided by side to finally make the choice between a metal halide and T5 in veg. I did notice differences, some good some bad for both.

I really wanted to love 16 or 18 on, or even 22 on, but that 24 ticked all the boxes for me like no other. I agree darkness is as important as light, and feel strange with the schedule, but am addicted to it now. I do see great changes during dark periods in flower for sure.

I'll add that every LED light in veg I've used was a success. I could not bring myself to continue though, partly ego and mostly because of what I learned in flower with these. Growth is different, expression is different, but pretty still. I know the watts are the same, and the heat is less, but the heat was auto managed o it didn't bug me much. T5's won here for veg. LED will cause more expressions in flower, and worth a try too. I don't do it much, but sometimes I've turned on a ufo over a finishing plant to watch the trichs swell a bit.

I've read that also, and do well with 18 on, but better with 24 on. I await an issue but have not detected one yet. Its hard to say what stresses when one garden shows no signs, another shows obvious signs, and some signs are misread and missed all together even. That's why we adjust our individual gardens to work for our situations intimately. Maybe the type of light would matter ? I know It took me some years to compare sided by side to finally make the choice between a metal halide and T5 in veg. I did notice differences, some good some bad for both.

I really wanted to love 16 or 18 on, or even 22 on, but that 24 ticked all the boxes for me like no other. I agree darkness is as important as light, and feel strange with the schedule, but am addicted to it now. I do see great changes during dark periods in flower for sure.

Make no mistake about it grass, some strains stress out on 24 hours of light. It is a fact.

I think a lot depends on what the ratios of Sat Indica your strain is. Like how cookies does great under 600, and suffers under 1000. Sat heavy pheno's do better under 24 because they wont stretch as much, with constant light. Indies like that extra dark, and it help them stretch their legs, which in turn keeps PM and other problems at bay during flower.

Keep on keeping on, then. You missed the point. Glad you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with it, hope you can recognize it when it happens (no your plant didn't get extra frosty this round). Seriously though the first sign will be small patches of bumps on your leaves. Winter is a terrible time for PM. I'm guessing your plants lean towards sat. from everything you've said. When you start dealing with 4" wide colas, it's something you have to think about. <not being snide.>

Edited by slipstar059

I've seen moldy leaves in the worm bin a couple times in my room, couple times on a fallen or dying clone leaf too,  but never seen them on a green growing cannabis plant. I have slides of some strains of PM and looked at the dying leaf ones.

In the winter time

my indoor environment changes little. I don't grow pure sativas, no patience for the flowering time. I do grow some pure afghans and love them

arm size colas of course, but mostly love the 50/50-60/40-70/30 hybrids. I'm convinced PM is an environmental issue. I've never accepted outside clones

so I don't have that to consider.  I know of a couple others who also don't accept them and they have seen the fungus. not sure, but like you, I  keep on doing what

I've always done, thinking I'll keep on getting the results I always got.

peace out

This is great!  I like the 'scientific' description @ 1:36 "If a ripe head is squeezed,

an enormous amount of little things fastened together in a sticky mess are jerked out,

these are called spores."

lol

"notice the thick wall of the head."

^^ I think I know some people like that :)

All jokes aside, that was a good vid, imho.