Grant From The Michigan Department Of Community Health Used To Tell Lies

This document is supported by a grant from the Michigan Department of Community Health/Office of Recovery Oriented Systems of Care. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the MDCH/OROSC.

http://www.talksooner.org/uploaded-assets/docs/Talk_Sooner_Marij_FINAL.pdf

Marijuana for Medical Purposes

Myth: Marijuana is Medicine

perfect piece of misdirection and lies by omission in this paper. this is where the budget of michigan department of health goes to. consider calling up the governor and tell him about this misuse of funds.

http://network180.org/en/enhome/26-about-network180/420-about-the-lakeshore-regional-entity-lre

So this group who did this topic runs the Medicaid and Adult benefit waivers program for these counties:

Allegan, Kent, Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Oceana, and Ottawa

I wonder how their cannabis patients are being treated and if their view, as published, is the view they require their physicians to have?

This report has legs that can walk if someone wishes to go after it.

Apparently this bunch doesn't know much about ANY of the 500 odd compounds.

What annoys me most is some bureaucrats and politicians somewhere thought this drivel deserved a grant from the public purse to publish.

Or it annoys me at least as much as the readers who take it as Gospel.

I fear there are going to be millions more casualties and years more of the pointless pain of prohibition.

Edited by outsideinthecold

Abbie Hoffman once said that WW2 could have been avoided if someone would have publically pulled Hitler's pants down early in his career. No one would have ever taken him seriously again, always picturing him with his pants around his ankles.

Maybe we should treat this crap as humor. Go to Sabet's lectures and laugh out loud at everything he says. Post these ridiculous websites on Facebook and Twitter as, "the funniest thing I've ever seen" or "world's dumbest web site".

Look what they did using Santorum's name as a slang term.

Give them all the respect they deserve. Yippie!

From Cancer.gov:

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®)

History

Cannabis use for medicinal purposes dates back at least 3,000 years.[1-5] It was introduced into Western medicine in the 1840s by W.B. O’Shaughnessy, a surgeon who learned of its medicinal properties while working in India for the British East Indies Company. Its use was promoted for reported analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and anticonvulsant effects.

In 1937, the U.S. Treasury Department introduced the Marihuana Tax Act. This Act imposed a levy of $1 per ounce for medicinal use of Cannabis and $100 per ounce for recreational use. Physicians in the United States were the principal opponents of the Act. The American Medical Association (AMA) opposed the Act because physicians were required to pay a special tax for prescribing Cannabis, use special order forms to procure it, and keep special records concerning its professional use. In addition, the AMA believed that objective evidence that Cannabis was harmful was lacking and that passage of the Act would impede further research into its medicinal worth.[6] In 1942, Cannabis was removed from the U.S. Pharmacopoeia because of persistent concerns about its potential to cause harm.[2,3]

In 1951, Congress passed the Boggs Act, which for the first time, included Cannabis with narcotic drugs. In 1970, with the passage of the Controlled Substances Act, marijuana was classified as a Schedule I drug. Drugs in this category are distinguished as having no accepted medicinal use. Other Schedule I substances include heroin, LSD, mescaline, and methaqualone.

Despite its designation as having no medicinal use, Cannabis was distributed to patients by the U.S. government on a case-by-case basis under the Compassionate Use Investigational New Drug program established in 1978. Distribution of Cannabis through this program was discontinued in 1992.[1-4] Although federal law prohibits the use of Cannabis, the table below lists the localities that permit its use for certain medical conditions.

If you look up marijuana, at Cancer.org, you get outdated info on testicular cancer, and marijuana; However If you look up Cannabis, there's a trove of information, from recently published reports.

I love how the report T posted lists Marinol, a synthetic, as the replacement for naturally sourced THC, yet a year ago there was an urgency to outlaw spice (synthetic THC) I've known quite a few people who have had to buy Marinol, at out of pocket costs, a little over $700 for a weeks supply. Not to mention the bevy of side effects listed below.

When was the last time you had constipation, problems urinating, chills, seizures, slurred speech, or even had to worry about the word overdose (using the plant). All the chemicals, they talk about, are synergistic with the THC, and level it out. I could go on all day.

Side Effects, of Dronabinol (Marinol)

Less common

• Changes in mood
  • confusion
  • delusions
  • fast or pounding heartbeat
  • feelings of unreality
  • hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
  • loss of memory
  • mental depression
  • nervousness or anxiety
  • problems with memory
Rare
  • Blurred vision
  • chills
  • dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
  • sweating
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking dronabinol, get emergency help immediately:

Symptoms of overdose

Symptoms of overdose

• Being forgetful
  • change in how fast you think time is passing
  • change in your sense of smell, taste, sight, sound, or touch
  • constipation
  • decrease in motor coordination
  • drowsiness (severe)
  • dryness of the mouth (severe)
  • false sense of well-being
  • feeling sluggish
  • panic reaction
  • problems in urinating
  • redness of the eyes
  • seizures
  • slurred speech
  • unusual drowsiness or dullness
Edited by slipstar059

From Cancer.gov:

Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®)

HistoryCannabis use for medicinal purposes dates back at least 3,000 years.[1-5] It was introduced into Western medicine in the 1840s by W.B. O’Shaughnessy, a surgeon who learned of its medicinal properties while working in India for the British East Indies Company. Its use was promoted for reported analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and anticonvulsant effects.

In 1937, the U.S. Treasury Department introduced the Marihuana Tax Act. This Act imposed a levy of $1 per ounce for medicinal use of Cannabis and $100 per ounce for recreational use. Physicians in the United States were the principal opponents of the Act. The American Medical Association (AMA) opposed the Act because physicians were required to pay a special tax for prescribing Cannabis, use special order forms to procure it, and keep special records concerning its professional use. In addition, the AMA believed that objective evidence that Cannabis was harmful was lacking and that passage of the Act would impede further research into its medicinal worth.[6] In 1942, Cannabis was removed from the U.S. Pharmacopoeia because of persistent concerns about its potential to cause harm.[2,3]

In 1951, Congress passed the Boggs Act, which for the first time, included Cannabis with narcotic drugs. In 1970, with the passage of the Controlled Substances Act, marijuana was classified as a Schedule I drug. Drugs in this category are distinguished as having no accepted medicinal use. Other Schedule I substances include heroin, LSD, mescaline, and methaqualone.

Despite its designation as having no medicinal use, Cannabis was distributed to patients by the U.S. government on a case-by-case basis under the Compassionate Use Investigational New Drug program established in 1978. Distribution of Cannabis through this program was discontinued in 1992.[1-4] Although federal law prohibits the use of Cannabis, the table below lists the localities that permit its use for certain medical conditions.

If you look up marijuana, at Cancer.org, you get outdated info on testicular cancer, and marijuana; However If you look up Cannabis, there's a trove of information, from recently published reports.

I love how the report T posted lists Marinol, a synthetic, as the replacement for naturally sourced THC, yet a year ago there was an urgency to outlaw spice (synthetic THC) I've known quite a few people who have had to buy Marinol, at out of pocket costs, a little over $700 for a weeks supply. Not to mention the bevy of side effects listed below.

When was the last time you had constipation, problems urinating, chills, seizures, slurred speech, or even had to worry about the word overdose (using the plant). All the chemicals, they talk about, are synergistic with the THC, and level it out. I could go on all day.

Side Effects, of Dronabinol (Marinol)Less common

• Changes in mood
  • confusion
  • delusions
  • fast or pounding heartbeat
  • feelings of unreality
  • hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
  • loss of memory
  • mental depression
  • nervousness or anxiety
  • problems with memory
Rare
  • Blurred vision
  • chills
  • dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
  • sweating
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
If any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking dronabinol, get emergency help immediately:Symptoms of overdoseSymptoms of overdose
  • Being forgetful
  • change in how fast you think time is passing
  • change in your sense of smell, taste, sight, sound, or touch
  • constipation
  • decrease in motor coordination
  • drowsiness (severe)
  • dryness of the mouth (severe)
  • false sense of well-being
  • feeling sluggish
  • panic reaction
  • problems in urinating
  • redness of the eyes
  • seizures
  • slurred speech
  • unusual drowsiness or dullness
I attended an Ottawa Couty Tea Party (Ottawa County Patriots) meeting a couple of weeks ago. A lady from a local (Holland) family and child intervention org which is under the auspices of MDCH, was one of the speakers. She handed out the very doc. shared by t-pain. Disgustingly false information!

I'm not sure I know enough yet, but I will take her on (I live in Holland) and will at least try to meet with her and share some of the above from slipstar.

If anyone has a concise bullet point doc. refuting the myths, etc. I'll take it/them and incorporated it into the above.

Edited by medmanmike