Questions On Goo' Tubes (Ahhhh-Ha)

3 members have voted

1. 1. Goo' Tube choice? (Extraction tube)

• Glass
    • Metal

They rock! It wasn't available a few years ago and the price has come down. thanks for the link. anyone interested in a Tami?

I am concerned with the amount of peanut oil captured in 15 minutes. Peanuts have a lot more oil than mj to begin with, and I'm not seeing it.

a smarty could build this for less than half I heard, there is one floating around town this minute and the results are said to be fine, much like bho, without using bho.

uses 2 lbs per hour extracting. 20# tanks are about $115, and it costs about $50-$70 bucks to refill. The new tank will be swapped for another filled one, unless you go to a fire extinguisher filler. Holds one ounce of herb, uses 3 lbs in a 90 minute run(from experience) costing about 10 bucks per ounce, and 1000 watts.

tami tami tami(<subliminal)

http://www.allstrain.com

For the big boys, lol :)

Great info grassmatch, many types of tane and ways to use it, most of which I'm aware, just didn't expand on it because I type one handed, hehe. But important to include because I was mistaken as an oil hater in my let's talk hash thread, which couldn't be further from the case. I indulge in shatter wax and oil whenever the opportunity affords itself. But I enjoy looking forward at whatever the current wave of the future is, in this case supercritical CO2 extraction.

I never meant to insinuate BHO is bad, merely curious if equal or better quality oil can be obtained by other methods.

Stay positive:)

Edited by Quadcarl

To me it almost seems like it's in "levels". For a decent extract one could use ntane and a tube. For a higher grade, a closed loop system (using the same of course), and for the folk who have the cash to spend to put them on that level, the Co2 extractors.

I'm pretty nitpicky, so I'll be putting a lot of time into product perfection alone before I even let my patients know I've been dab-bling (dabbling, I know, but I couldn't help myself..ahhh-ha..) with concentrates. Though I may not have access to the advanced extraction methods right at this moment, I can foresee myself putting some serious time into refining my process.

Safety first, but here's hopes to some kick-arze goo! 

I see no mention of "food safe" pumps and fittings on the c02 unit. That's a deal breaker for me. Nbutane has been used in food packaging for 50 years I anyone else does please direct me to it?

refridg pumps are different than food grade ones, made with "safe for gas" rather than "safe for food" materials. that tami site rants about it recently I see, with a sensed bias maybe. I wonder if he knows TBHQ, A.K.A: Butane

Turns out butane isn’t just for lighters and extractions anymore – it’s also an artificial antioxidant that they put it in chicken nuggets to keep them “fresh” tasting. So instead of your chicken nuggets being fresh, butane keeps them “fresh.”

(it's not really butane, only derived from, most likely in a different form.)

Edited by grassmatch

Is there a difference between BVV's GlassVac, ShatterVac, and their normal Vac set? All of them say that they are for degassing urethanes, silicones and epoxies. However, specifically, their normal vac system states "This chamber is not to be used with stabilization resins or acrylic based products. In order to use these materials we only recommend our GlassVac systems."...Now, does that mean that to vac purge bho, one would need the Glass vac, or will the normal one do?

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Well alrighty then, I looked into the Tamisium and it's a little out of my price range for the time being (hovering around 2k is a bit of a beast). 

The plans as far as I am aware, unless I changed them on myself, were that this will be done in a wide open, well ventilated area. The floor of said area is cement, with the only metal component within 25ft being the extraction device itself. I WILL be using Ntane, I will accept no less. Period. I do not accept cheap shortcut tricks using cheaper materials in regards to what will be put in, I want this to be as absolutely safe for my patients and myself to consume as I can make it. I wont be reclaiming until I manage to scrounge around and save enough for a full, active-closed loop system, I'll settle for doing my damnedest and be taking time to purge all of the non-goodies until then. 

All material in question is always fresh frozen right off of the branch, it is cut off, put into a sealed container and nestled lovingly within a chest freezer. more often than not it is comprised as evenly of sugar buds as it is trim, I'd say there is more nug weight than trim weight. My material will be processed/chopped/ground using a Ninja (It's a type of blender, works absolute wonders, turns it almost into dust, frozen or not)

The Ntane will also be stored in a freezer box/chest before use

In regards to the blasting into a pyrex dish, that will be what's done with the initial purge being done with a tray of very hot water (for some reason or another, I feel like it always seems like my water heater only comes in two settings, freezing and near boiling lol). 

Here is where I have yet another question, the secondary purge (I plan on letting it go until there are no bubbles) I was considering using a heat-plate (It would be located, again, in a separate area far away from the initial extraction area), it would already be on an running prior to avoid any sparking issues.  Now, I could do that, OR I could repeatedly just purge using my stupidly hot water. A post I read earlier on thcf suggested that after the initial purge, to put the material into a glass jar, place it into 135-145deg water, and wait for the bubbles to stop, popping bubbles along the way until it stops, ending in cratering. The post in question suggests that at that degree the extract will not burn/turn green. Anywho, from there it is my understanding that it is whipped repeatedly until the product is done, being carefully re-heated and purged until the product is "complete". Really though back to the subject of this TL;DR post-

opinions? Hot water, or a low temp heat plate for the secondary purge?

hot plates or electric fry pans go on and off, when they hit their temp, dont have that on while you are extracting with butane, once you get all of the liquid butane out and it is just a lil runny do one more hot tap water in the pan, than take it inside where you are comfortable,,,,,,,once you are done with your initial extraction and have that evaped, you can go inside and use an electric fry pan with water in it of course and I dont go higher than warm on it, I sit there and pop bubbles, and while it is still hot I pour it into my holders or get it in my syringes!

Be safe!

Peace

Is there a difference between BVV's GlassVac, ShatterVac, and their normal Vac set? All of them say that they are for degassing urethanes, silicones and epoxies. However, specifically, their normal vac system states "This chamber is not to be used with stabilization resins or acrylic based products. In order to use these materials we only recommend our GlassVac systems."...Now, does that mean that to vac purge bho, one would need the Glass vac, or will the normal one do?

The normal one with orange sticker will do great.  The glass one is for some sort of acrylics; nothing to do with bho.

I"m not sure why they have the shatter vac.  it's identical to their normal one except the crazy art which i dont like.

Thanks for the clarification Phaq, and you as well Gary!

Looks like this will be multiple purges via hot (boiling) water, complete with bubble popping fun, followed by a vac purge. Afterwards, perhaps winterizing.

(Edit- Rather, winterizing and then vac purging! Using either 190 proof, or ethanol, I'm stuck between them. I find myself leaning more towards the 190 proof just to keep it as clean as possible)

Edited by AbominableDro-Man