Medical Marajuana Bills Being Reintroduced This Session!

Malamute, on 11 Feb 2015 - 3:59 PM, said:

Senate Majority Leader Arlan[/color]MEEKHOF (R-West Olive) said the people in his West Michigan community tell him they thought the substance would be delivered to the patients that need it through a controlled mechanism

anyone want to FOIA this one? lol. someone in west olive really said that?

anyone want to FOIA this one? lol. someone in west olive really said that?

Not sure we can FOIA stuff that's "made up" LOL!

I did call his office today and spoke to an aide. I questioned who "the people" we're that said this but.... Of course I told the aide that I was one of his "people" and that this was not my view.

An interesting aside. I asked when the Senator was having a local townhall meeting and was told he didn't do those. Instead the Sen. likes to speak to (controlled, my word) groups like the Chamber of Commerce. I asked how was I suppose to have the opportinity to have a conversation with the Sen. when I'm not a member of the group, etc. and was told to email him. Well, I have and he doesn't reply. He doesnt hold any office hours, coffee hours, or informal gatherings where constituents can meet to bring up their issues. Doesn't exactly sound like he wants to hear from the common folk.

I suspect you were kidding about FOIAing the info, but if not, let me know what I need to do and I'll do it.

BTW there really is a West Olive (just N of Holland).

. Michigan is reintroducing the MM bills from last session. Call your state reps and senators today and ask them to co sponsor the bills!!!!! I spoke with Lisa Lyons office (sponsor of edibles bill) and Mike Caltons office (sponsor of dispensaries bill) and they are meeting tomorrow morning in committee to discuss them. I also spoke with Sen Rick Jones office about the bills!!

Call your state rep and tell them that you support no medical marijuana laws that do not protect PATIENTS screw the dispensary bills. We need sect 8 answers now to answer the provisionary center question. Considering how many of us got sodimized before sect 8. All provisionary center bill does is make a way for each and every individual city to make their own laws and Kangaroo courts. The lawyers all know sect 8 is about to go so they want a new toy to molest. I sure wouldn't want to drive from Detroit up 75 to 69 and east to lansing grand rapids post 4271. Lower the bar for section 8 to nothing, if that doesn't fly leave mi forever and take your blood money with you. sect 8 legalizes everything. And remember not protected under section 4 is NOT THE SAME AS ILLEGAL. ONCE AFEW SECT 8 CASES GO ALL CASES WILL GO ON STAY. by then civil cases will pour in. do not trust anyone that says anything different.

doesnt a provisionary center bill or medable bill act out of accordance with MMMA?????????????  kind feel silly for not fighting enclosed laws and LARA RULES NOW DOESN'T IT. if SECT 8 IS REAL WE ARE ALL BETTER OFF WITHOUT any new laws. Believe me if the cops come and your making $$$ they will take all they can. Sect 4, 8 or provisionary. Also would not cities be conspiring to sell illegal marijuana.... they don't have the right to an exaemption, neither do corportions, or business entities. SECTION 8 KEEPS ALL THAT CRAP OUT OF MICHIGAN JUST LIKE IN CALI FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS. Why else did praire farms bill go thru so fst so secretly. They want to find a way to make the MMMA corporate so they can collect money. I say to hell with that if they wana build these laws on my back while im sitting in a hospital bed right no forced to treat my pain with opiates they are gona have to take my bong out of my cold dead hands. And for the kids, I say lock some of the little snot nose punks up so they have to earn the right to medicate FIGHT prosecutors coa and msc.... BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT. Maybe a jewish kid from west bloomfield to get all the lilly white tea party types on board. One fat b&*^% whinning at country day or brother rice would go a long way. Can I citizens arrest someone for selling me a bag.... no I would get 30 years in prison for that., even if they had 18 foot I mean inch alligators.

Are all you pro provisionary centers ready for Detroit to come out and say... run it.... 100$ liscensces, property taxes, no plant counts, thousands of clones, and felons running dispensaries. Do you really think Highland Park city council will disrespect their whole community by excluding the dealers that have been in business from day one by disregarding felond]s fights? There are convicted drug dealers on city councils RITE NOW. Since MMMA pot is illegal and you are commiting a felony it is hippocritical that a felon can't continue business but a chomo kiddie rapist, tax evading, murder can. Non DRUG Felons PABLO ESCOBAR, JACK THE RIPPER, TIMOTHY MCVEY, SADDAM HUSSIEN, OJ SIMPSON, BERNIE MADOFF, BILL SCHUTTE, ERIC SMITH Plus if the feds gave the natives the right to set up multi million dollars grow ops in mount pleasant why shouldn't Detroit or flint? pLUS ISNT IT FAIR TO SAY THAT MARIJUANA IS ILLEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW AS THEY ALLOW THE INDIANS FREE UNCONTROLLED REIGN

http://www.wnem.com/story/28086282/proposal-could-allow-landlords-to-evict-tenants-for-medical-marijuana-use

Proposal could allow landlords to evict tenants for medical marijuana usePosted: Feb 11, 2015 2:27 PM PST Updated: Feb 11, 2015 2:32 PM PST

Posted By Brianna Owczarzak
By Ben Bowman, Reporter

SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) - A new pot proposal in Lansing is stirring up controversy.

Landlords could soon be able to restrict the use or cultivation of medical marijuana on their properties.

This week it will be up for debate at the state capital.

"If you're legal to do it and you got a license then I don't see why not," Rosalie Rosales said.

Rosales doesn't have a problem with the use of medical marijuana, but she does have a problem with a new bill being proposed in Lansing that prevents renters from smoking in their homes unless they have permission from their landlord.

"If there's no children involved, then I don't see why not. You're paying rent just like any other person," Rosales said.

State Senator Rick Jones said he wants to strengthen Michigan laws against marijuana usage. Jones said the law should make it easier for landlords to evict residents if they're smoking pot on their premises.

"I want to make sure people don't destroy apartments or rental homes by making sure they don't grow or smoke without permission from the owners," Jones said. "Remember if they're taking it in pill form or eating it, we're not banning that, we're banning smoking."

Thomas Lavine, attorney for the cannabis counsel, said Jones' proposal isn't practical.

"He concedes patients should be allowed to eat medicals, but medicals are against the law because of the court of appeals decision," Lavine said.

A recent poll shows that 50 percent of Michigan voters would likely support a future ballot proposed to legalize possession or growth of marijuana by adults 21 years old or more.

"If it's taxed at 6 percent that would be helpful," Lavine said.

Lavine suggests taxing marijuana sale like anything else. He said the money would help cut Michigan's $450 million budget deficit.

"If they're really trying to they would. If they're really trying it'd bring in a lot of money for Michigan," Rosales said.

I plan to call my House Rep. about the matter. The legislation is contrary to Michigan civil rights law. It would discriminate against disabled individuals who have medical need for the drug.

It discriminates against a single class, cannabis users. According to this I couldn't grow cannabis but I could grow vegetables.

(3) A private property owner to lease residential property to any person who smokes or cultivates marihuana on the premises, if

the prohibition against smoking or cultivating marihuana is in the written lease.

If it's in the lease then why is this necessary?

. Michigan is reintroducing the MM bills from last session. Call your state reps and senators today and ask them to co sponsor the bills!!!!! I spoke with Lisa Lyons office (sponsor of edibles bill) and Mike Caltons office (sponsor of dispensaries bill) and they are meeting tomorrow morning in committee to discuss them. I also spoke with Sen Rick Jones office about the bills!!

Jones is that you? LOL Your mom? Who else would think we are this clueless.

Meekof Wants 'Controlled' Marijuana Distribution System ‏           

Legislation allowing medical marijuana to be given out through "provisioning centers" died on the last day of lame duck and isn't the preferred delivery method of the Senate Majority Leader going into the first few weeks of the new session.

Speaking at a Michigan Press Association (MPA) legislative forum on Friday, Senate Majority Leader Arlan MEEKHOF (R-West Olive) said the people in his West Michigan community tell him they thought the substance would be delivered to the patients that need it through a controlled mechanism (To listen to other questions from this forum, listen to the MIRS Monday podcast).

That's not what happened, but Meekhof is holding out hope that it can be. 

"If the citizens really believe this is going to be a type of medicine, and I'm not saying it doesn't have medical value because it does, then it needs to be controlled like medicine," he said. 

Other communities across the globe have been able to get their arms around this distribution question, Meekhof said, and said he wasn't opposed to Michigan giving it a try, as well. 

However, whatever Michigan comes up with, Meekhof would prefer a system where pharmacists and doctors are making sure the medical marijuana doesn't react with something else the patient may be taking. 

Meekhof also opinioned that the "social experiment" in Colorado with legalizing marijuana "hasn't gone well" in the sense that surrounding states are picking up the societal costs of out-of-state residents buying marijuana in Colorado and bringing it back to their home states. 

The National Patient Rights Association has scheduled a Thursday press conference with Rep. MikeCALLTON (R-Nashville) to talk about the reintroduction of the bills from last term. 

House Speaker Kevin COTTER (R-Mt. Pleasant) added that Michigan and other states are finding themselves in a tight spot on this issue. Until marijuana is reclassified at the federal level, the controls on how and where medical-grade marijuana can be grown are limited. 

"It can't be grown in your basement," he said. 

So where can it be grown? Cotter didn't have the answers but conceded there is interest in getting the product in the hands of those who need it. 

"We have a mess on our hands and I'm not sure where we go from here." 

Senate Minority Leader Jim ANANICH (D-Flint) said he was hopeful something could be worked out. 

"We have talented people in the caucuses," he said. "I'm hopeful a compromise will be reached so people can get the medicine they need in a way that protects public safety. I think we can get there." 

As far as the legalization question, House Minority Leader Tim GREIMEL (D-Auburn Hills) said Michigan should pause a few years and see what is happening in the other states. 

"Obviously, the voters in the state voted to legalize medical marijuana and, regardless of how one feels, we need to make sure we have the right safeguards in place to protect the public's safety."

Does he mean like aspirin or the compounding pharmacies responsible for aspirgillus contamination?

Someone needs to call out the Republicans over their blatant hypocrisy. They are the party of smaller government and fewer regulations, but what do they do when confronted by a "manufactured" problem? They rabidly pursue big government oppression and heavy handed regulation.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Well, theres the democrats?

The Democrats are powerless right now, even as a group. the only thing they could possibly do is stop a bill to amend the MMMA from passing in the House, again, as a group only.

What, they can't talk?  If they STUCK UP FOR US and made fools of the republicans, it may change things.  The arguments are tehre.  We are in the right.  If the dems took it on as something they wanted to do they could.  Instead they are too worried about keeping their job to stick up for anyone!

Look at the f u c king transport bill.  The dems gave OVERWHELMING support.  Time to find someone who actually has our back.

Edited by Norby

What, they can't talk?  If they STUCK UP FOR US and made fools of the republicans, it may change things.  The arguments are tehre.  We are in the right.  If the dems took it on as something they wanted to do they could.  Instead they are too worried about keeping their job to stick up for anyone!

You really should speak with them Norby. They will enjoy hearing from you.

Last time they wanted to change the wording of the MM Act they changed the wording of the bill at the last minute behind closed doors and then passed it at 4:20 A.M. in the morning.

They thought, "The stoners will think it's so cool we passed their bill at 4:20 A.M. in the morning because they are clueless and just like the number 4;20."

Instead we realized how crooked the process is and we never have any idea of what they will pass until after they pass it. With that in mind we have to look at the intent of the power players. They all are against us so we can't expect anything good to come out of the final wording. That's all we know as fact. Just their bad intent.

Last year we were told the bills would pass easily with 75%. It did not happen. That was a lie too. Lets make sure we don't get flogged this year either. Keep up the good work folks, your grow and your caregiver's grow depends upon it. Thanks for not supporting those who only have their own selfish money interest at heart. 

You really should speak with them Norby. They will enjoy hearing from you.

It'll be a waste of my time if we aren't organized.  I am looking up Meekoofs # though.

Last time they wanted to change the wording of the MM Act they changed the wording of the bill at the last minute behind closed doors and then passed it at 4:20 A.M. in the morning.

They thought, "The stoners will think it's so cool we passed their bill at 4:20 A.M. in the morning because they are clueless and just like the number 4;20."

Instead we realized how crooked the process is and we never have any idea of what they will pass until after they pass it. With that in mind we have to look at the intent of the power players. They all are against us so we can't expect anything good to come out of the final wording. That's all we know as fact. Just their bad intent.

Last year we were told the bills would pass easily with 75%. It did not happen. That was a lie too. Lets make sure we don't get flogged this year either. Keep up the good work folks, your grow and your caregiver's grow depends upon it. Thanks for not supporting those who only have their own selfish money interest at heart. 

So patients well being equates to money with you?  They shouldn't listen to you then since you want everyone to be subject to only a caregiver rather than organizing to defeat these f u c k s who control us, since the dems don't care.

Edited by Norby

It'll be a waste of my time if we aren't organized.  I am looking up Meekoofs # though.

So patients well being equates to money with you?  They shouldn't listen to you then since you want everyone to be subject to only a caregiver rather than organizing to defeat these f u c k s who control us, since the dems don't care.

Not to me. To you because of who you support blindly in the face of all that is real you still protest because you want dispensaries at all costs to everyone. Your mind is not in a place to listen to reason right now so you should settle down and do some serious soul searching and thinking separate from your dispensary dreaming...

why is the dispensary bill being paired with the edibles bill, again?

it makes no sense. file them one at a time you clowns.

Because they are trying to fool enough of us into supporting one or the other to get their 75%. They are both blank checks with different false emotional appeals on the face of them. The face that will change before they are passed.

You know they didn't and so does he.

The dispensary owners are drooling at the prospect of knocking out the caregiver model charging $20 a gram for medicine $75 for a 1/8th way more pricey than the $50 -$60 I charge for a 1/4 ounce I foresee a ton of current patients going back to the black market if this occurs how does that promote public safety sending some poor cancer patient into the hood looking for their medicine?

No they don't.  They want to stand behind a counter and buy from x and sell to y and make a profit.  They do not want to have to deal with spider mites and regulations and PM and bud rot and bud mold. 

Not to me. To you because of who you support blindly in the face of all that is real you still protest because you want dispensaries at all costs to everyone. Your mind is not in a place to listen to reason right now so you should settle down and do some serious soul searching and thinking separate from your dispensary dreaming...

No, you have given up and continue to be a cheerleader for the dems when they won't help.  Why do you ignore when I post that they(dems) voted for the transport law?  It's up to us to organize and get what we want, but you just want to sit back with your guaranteed 5. Most don't even know dispenses are illegal.  Take them away and you'll get the outrage of the public.  Take caregivers away and you'll get the outrage of the public.  It's a sham to keep us where we are, naked and afraid.

The PEOPLE aren't against us, it';s the politicians, all of them.  Look up the votes on teh transport law and say they are for us.

Edited by Norby

How would they not have to deal with it? They would be the ones dealing with it. You are not making sense.

If they don't grow it they don't have to deal with it.  They want to sit behind a counter and buy from caregivers/patients and sell to caregiver/patients.  Your the one not making sense.  They would have all their eggs in one basket and have to hire employees, checked, cameras, etc. if it was all in one.  If there crop failed, they'd fail.  Caregivers can have all sorts of problems but they don't have to worry about that.  They just have to check what they get and hire people to sit behind a register, not learn how to water and trim and not steal, etc.  Here they just buy from whoever makes a good crop and they have no risk.

You are just so afraid you want everyone to just sit.

Edited by Norby

No, you have given up and continue to be a cheerleader for the dems when they won't help.  Why do you ignore when I post that they(dems) voted for the transport law?  It's up to us to organize and get what we want, but you just want to sit back with your guaranteed 5. Most don't even know dispenses are illegal.  Take them away and you'll get the outrage of the public.  Take caregivers away and you'll get the outrage of the public.  It's a sham to keep us where we are, naked and afraid.

Civics: You deal with them at the polls first. You don't lose at the polls and then demand things you want that do not match who is in power.