Group Lawyer Fees

JBINDICA

I am wondering mabee a lawyer out there would  form  mma group insurance

where a large group of us caregivers could pay dues per month and recieve legal

protecton advice  and other legal moves to safegaurd the caregiver model and  move that

group and keep that group in any future models if alot of people would pay into it

more people would show in numbers when needed

seems to me the atty would look into that before he ever formed an insurance defense cooperative, or whatever he called it.  i am not an atty so i don't have an opinion.  but i have happy experience as a member of a biz who was a member firm of a network.  for 15 years my trucking company was a member of a defense network.  we joined as one of the original member firms and i was happy with the service.   i was really happy to have been of the first members.  sure, initially, we paid a chunk of cash to join, but still the amount was just dimes.  members after us initial founders paid annually an ever increasing rate that after fifteen years, made it seem we had joined for free.  the newer member firms carried us and still got a great deal.

I am wondering mabee a lawyer out there would  form  mma group insurance

where a large group of us caregivers could pay dues per month and recieve legal

protecton advice  and other legal moves to safegaurd the caregiver model and  move that

group and keep that group in any future models if alot of people would pay into it

more people would show in numbers when needed

At one time I was harshly criticized here for suggesting a legal fund paid for by caregivers, much like insurance, that would offer a legal benefit. I maintain that it is a good idea, and stand by my words.

I remember something called the 'Knutt Fund'.  I've mentioned it several times through the years &

some people remember.  I do not recall the particulars but it seems it never got further than an idea ?

That fund did help us after our raid money was spent on fixing our front door we where both paid members of the MMMA at that time and still are i guess i haven't gotten a card this time but i do have about 5 or 6 MMMA cards so far 

Ron aka Marihuana ranch  started the 420 plan but it didn't go far enough that many paid into it was talked about who the fund would be given to help at that time and still different people think different things as who was and is legal 

I still stand by 12 plants locked up 2.5 oz with Doctor Rec. after 20 days or card some may disagree to that

maybe, no telling.  what i do know is that the net has to be wide enough with enuf benefits to be worth paying for by those willing and able to pay it (for this form of 'insurance.')  

how much?  paid by whom?  covering what eventualities?  

LOTS OF POLL TOPICS for some hard-working soul who doesn't mind spending himself to gather the data.

so the policy could actually end up being used to defend those who wish to commercialize weed in store fronts?

It would end up being used so that, "Except as provided in section 7(b), a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana..."

No more and no less. I had considered that any coverage under the plan would require a separate written agreement between the pt and cg, and very specific documentation of the bona fide relationship. 

Edited by GregS

I had "grow insurance". Let me tell you how very difficult it is to comply with this type of coverage. start with an inspection, from an electrician, fire department, and the sheriff. Now lets move on to the mandatory security systems needing on going monitoring services. It is available, I never had a claim, and don't see it as worthwhile for the average patient. A large commercial grow would make sense though.

I like the idea, if'n the details were ironed.

I have them ironed out with the sample pt/cg agreement and docs to establish the bona fides. The SC will rule on admissibility of cards as legitimate proof. I'm no lawyer, but did some training in the field before my life turned to schit and have experience in several legal venues. I have seen no real indication that those steps are inadequate. Attorneys cannot comfortably make those kinds of pronouncements and so steer clear from them. I have no obligation to keep what I know secret. They do.

Honestly, I don't think most want to pay for the defense of somebody who gets caught selling. Conceptually, gaining rights by way of section 8 breaks down for at least a couple of reasons I can think of, so what is the collective interest in attempting to give members a section 8 defense for anything other than police overreach?

I could be wrong here, but this "extended section 8" protection seems like a non-starter.

There is the notion that it pushes the limits of the law. We need to push back hard against our adversaries. It is not only police overreach, but also judicial fukn up that we hafta throw down for. There should be blood on the ice. Some has been and will be ours, but this fight ain't over.

Edited by GregS

No drama answer;

A person with a ton of records and disabilites, that goes and sees a doctor very often, doesn't want to be lumped in with someone who has no records and goes to a signature mill for their rec.

I agree it should help someone and it does most of the time todays Court rooms  it just didn't work for us at that time

i also agree if someone is disabled and sick  they should have some medical records on hand but the Doctor has no bearing on it Imho 

Unfortunately, if the doctor or condition must be examined in court and has a bearing on it, the patients have lost their privacy. That is why the cards exist, in my opinion. It means even the very sick or disabled can lose if their doctor doesn't want to show up in court.

Good point. Always thought it was just so you didn't get arrested, confiscated, and asked questions later.