The Michigan Responsibility Council

Hello all,
A group from Oakland Co reached out to the NPRA and we sat down with them yesterday. They are calling themselves The Michigan Responsibility Council and are preparing to put full legalization on the 2016 ballot. Here's what they plan to do:

1. Repeal the MMMA of 2008
2. Divide the state into 10 sections where there will be 10 large grows supplying the state.
3. Tax all marijuana including medical
4. Ban all home cultivation
5. Allow for a limited number of distribution canters per 10 districts that must receive all product from the 10 big grows
6. Strategically give the 10 grow licenses by property address straight to their funders.

They are well organized and claim to be extremely well funded- this is clearly a business venture for their funders who are "only interested in the wholesale side". They are closely watching the Responsible Ohio initiative set for the 2015 ballot and will begin collecting signatures when that passes. I get the impression that if Responsible Ohio goes down they may not receive all of their funding as they are using the exact same model. They made it clear that our bills are a threat to their initiative which will be presented as the fix to all medical marijuana injustices we've had. When I suggested there would be strong opposition they responded by telling me they have as much money as they need to get done what they want. I suggested they leave the MMMA as is, leave the patients out of this and move forward with their recreational plans.

Here are my thoughts moving forward-
1. We have to get the bills passed this year.
2. This community must put our own initiative on the ballot for 2016.
3. Prepare a media strategy- they had strong adverse reactions to me when I used phrases such as scheme, pot monopoly, throwing patients under the bus for money, etc...

I want to make it clear right now that the National Patients Rights Association is a pro-patient organization that will strongly oppose any recreational legalization effort that further disintegrates patients rights.

Here is a link to a story on the Ohio Group that they are modeling their initiative after
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/12/18/Marijuana_ballot_issue_possible_in_2015.html

Robin Schneider
Legislative Liaison
National Patients Rights Association
www.nprausa.com

They have the money to buy both the politicians and votes they need. Look how quickly Prarie Plants bill got through.  Money is what makes the laws go round. We cant even get people out to vote, much less bills passed. Look at the voter turn out for the last election.

I appreciate everyone who tries to get things done and protect patients but the medical community is fractured and poor.

The only hope is to get a patient friendly bill on the ballot in 16.

Who is funding them anyway? I googled them and nothing came up. We need to get the truth out there on who these people really are and expose them in a very public manner.

Media campaign? Some sick patients in a commercial imploring people not to sign their petitions and why ? News stories profiling what their bill is going to do to the sick and who will really benefit ?

1. Repeal the MMMA of 2008

This is the only part I care about. It takes a 75% vote and it is the wrong thing to do. That's my only battle. I couldn't care less about the whole rest of it. Let them flog themselves with a half baked business plan. Michigan is not Colorado by a long shot. I know Michigan Marijuana and their idea is just a bad plan hatched by folks outside Michigan who think they understand the market. Let them spend all their money on a bad plan and watch them wither and die. 

Reality;

“If you put that creators of the Sopranos and Breaking Bad in the same room they couldn’t come up with a plot this far fetched. Perhaps the details will help clarify things but right now it sounds like 10 wannabe drug lords are going to ask Ohio voters to constitutionally protect their cartels and turf,” Allison said.

“That doesn’t sound like anything that could happen in the Ohio I have lived in for almost 50 years. I don’t even think the grass-roots medical marijuana true believers in this state will find this appealing,” Allison said.

you watch though, thousands of happy people will support this brand of legalization.

1000's of happy pt's need to get out and make sure the law stays as is!

recreational use should not be mixed in with medical use, no changes in our law, if they want to legalize for all of age, im for it but it cant be instead of pt/c.g rights!

They need to be seprate like they are now, medical is medical rec is rec. people using it for medical will not like what they wind up with,

KEEP THEM SEPERATE!

phaq the npra and the witch on the broom stick!

Peace

1000's of happy pt's need to get out and make sure the law stays as is!

recreational use should not be mixed in with medical use, no changes in our law, if they want to legalize for all of age, im for it but it cant be instead of pt/c.g rights!

They need to be seprate like they are now, medical is medical rec is rec. people using it for medical will not like what they wind up with,

KEEP THEM SEPERATE!

phaq the npra and the witch on the broom stick!

Peace

BOOM!

Who is funding them anyway? I googled them and nothing came up. We need to get the truth out there on who these people really are and expose them in a very public manner.

Media campaign? Some sick patients in a commercial imploring people not to sign their petitions and why ? News stories profiling what their bill is going to do to the sick and who will really benefit ?

Just ask people if they are a member of minorml they are not for mm they are and always have been for all out legal!  they are amongst us and always have been,

Who is a member of minorml?  I was for 1 yr, the 1st yr of the law and I quickly learned they are not for me a PATIENT!

Peace

The group in Ohio is backed by some Wall Street vultures looking to further enrich themselves.  Who funds MINORML?

Im not against full legalization, but I am against a law written just to set up a monopoly that will prevent patients who can grow their own from doing so. Not every patient can afford to buy their medicine - especially if that medicine is grown /sold by a monopoly

The group in Ohio is backed by some Wall Street vultures looking to further enrich themselves.  Who funds MINORML?

Im not against full legalization, but I am against a law written just to set up a monopoly that will prevent patients who can grow their own from doing so. Not every patient can afford to buy their medicine - especially if that medicine is grown /sold by a monopoly

Thats what people need to remember!  we cant afford our meds now, If I can grow it I can afford it, if I have to go buy it from some big corprate a-holes I will be in the same mess I was in on my rx's as far as cash goes, but I will have to deal with all of the side effects of the rx's also!

You can bet big pharm will like it if it become a monopoly, they will put their money in both worlds, it is a no win for pt's to make it all out legal at this time,

If they make it seperate from the mmmp and dont change our peoples iniative im good!

other wise leave it alone!

Peace