The Michigan Responsibility Council

do you boys want to play nice and work to legalize marijuana together , or just form more hatred between groups and have it fail like prop 19 in california?

I cant beleive you would ask us that?

You have been around long enough to see the damage that norml and others have done when we used to protest at the capital,,,,,,they were supposed to be pt protests, (when I say pt I mean pt's and c.g's) none of the others, well not to fair to say others since they have been popping up every where, and most are just splinters from minorml or norml period!

Norml and mrc dont care about pt's!  they only care that it is legal, they would give up our pt rights to try and get it all out legal, they would throw us all under the bus!

If you are a member of norml you are helping take our mm law away!

Does any one know where Joe Cain is?  Where does he sit amongst the money grubbers?  realy does anyone know where joe is and what he is championing now?

Or is he still just moving his lil farm market around to county's who he thinks will finaly give him a court case?

Peace

You have been around long enough to see the damage that norml and others have done when we used to protest at the capital,,,,,,they were supposed to be pt protests, (when I say pt I mean pt's and c.g's) none of the others, well not to fair to say others since they have been popping up every where, and most are just splinters from minorml or norml period!

Norml and mrc dont care about pt's!  they only care that it is legal, they would give up our pt rights to try and get it all out legal, they would throw us all under the bus!

Does any one know where Joe Cain is?  Where does he sit amongst the money grubbers?  realy does anyone know where joe is and what he is championing now?

Or is he still just moving his lil farm market around to county's who he thinks will finaly give him a court case?

Peace

He is on FaceBook all the time and also he got raided 

Peace

I didn't know that about MORML the last i heard was they where fighting for legal cannabis with also a plant count 

• 4 months later...

i have a question.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/19/gop-operatives-form-michigan-marijuana-advocacy-group/23687669/

Mitchell, who is chairing the group, said they want lawmakers to create a system of “regulation with taxation” of medical marijuana to ensure it is safe and accessible to people in all corners of the state.

She said the existing voter-approved 2008 law is plagued with problems because it never created a uniform system for the cultivation and distribution of marijuana as a medicine, leading to a slew of legal problems.

“What we see now doesn’t work,” said Mitchell of West Bloomfield, who is the wife of Republican pollster and consultant Steve Mitchell. “We really want to see how it can be delivered legally and regulated.”

Both Mitchell and Welday did not rule out pursuing a 2016 ballot initiative to legalize marijuana for recreational use or amend the existing medical cannabis law.

The Michigan Responsibility Council was formed after legislation creating a regulated dispensary system for medical marijuana died in the December lame-duck session, Welday said.

so, suzie mitchell wanted the dispensary bill to be passed, as did npra.

then on suzie mitchell's twitter

https://twitter.com/suziemitchell/with_replies

Suzie Mitchell @suziemitchell · Mar 12

@hempforfood @RobertKosowski your tweet is inaccurate MI Responsibility Council is a trade assoc 4 growers also advocate for patient rights

11:40 AM - 12 Mar 2015 · Details

@hempforfood @RobertKosowski I am the prez of this organization. These are not our words. We favor home grows for personal use.

hempforfood.org @hempforfood · Mar 12

@suziemitchell @RobertKosowski Ms Mitchell: are you claiming this isn't you? http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/48371-the-michigan-responsibility-council/… pic.twitter.com/6sVuCAPcpG

@hempforfood @RobertKosowski this is NOT us.

https://twitter.com/hempforfood/status/576110169689444352/photo/1

so whom do we trust, Suzie Mitchell of MRC or Robin Schneider of NPRA?

i want answers. who did robin talk to from MRC ?

NPRA is correct and MRC didn't realize there would be such pushback and are now making little changes in their draft language such as allowing 4 plants or sumsuch. But at some point all was true and may still be depending on which way the republican money train blows.

Is it at all possible that the Republicans intent is to gain exclusive control over cannabis so that they will be able to limit access?

Possible? I would say that it is highly probable. After all, we are talking about a group of people who think that "freedom" doesn't include being intimate with a member of the same sex. A group of people who who are more interested in what the public is doing in their bedroom than what corporations are doing to our environment.

These folks have been the most ardent supporters of prohibition for decades. And we think that they have suddenly changed their minds overnight? Hmmm... I wonder.

The way I see it, there is only one way to release cannabis from the confinements of prohibition:

1) Make cannabis so easily available that it essentially becomes worth $0.00. Take the profit incentive out of it and make it as common as tomatoes. I buy fresh vegetables from local roadside stands and as far as I know the government isn't involved in regulating this activity. Seems to work fine, doesn't it?

2) If people have problems with cannabis use, provide help for them. A lot of money will be freed up if law enforcement can't persecute people for cannabis use. This money can be used for education and treatment. I wouldn't expect that a lot of people would need this.

Unfortunately, common sense solutions seem to be completely incomprehensible to the Republicans. It is odd that a group of people who loudly proclaim their distaste for government bureaucracy want to establish a government bureaucracy for cannabis. 

I wouldn't describe it so much as "limiting access" as I would to just to control the market. They believe that by limiting home grows- more people will be pushed to the commercial market in which they plan to control the distribution- in a system based on the inefficient tiered alcohol model. They are fine with "access" as long as the proceeds are going to them.

I wouldn't describe it so much as "limiting access" as I would to just to control the market. They believe that by limiting home grows- more people will be pushed to the commercial market in which they plan to control the distribution- in a system based on the inefficient tiered alcohol model. They are fine with "access" as long as the proceeds are going to them.

They might say the are fine with access BUT they enjoy waving the flag of CONTROL for their wacko right wing base. In other words, they like the votes they get by making sure their control freaks know they will control us. The profit motive just makes them a little more slimy as they control us. 

hello all

personally i do not care what other states are doing as it is not ours to care about... if anything look over what there doing and use there short comings we know about to avoid ours that are happening here... i as a voter here in this state will not vote for anything that takes away the patients right to grow there own... i have always felt you can grow the best for you and your needs no one else know that besides you... anything or any wording to take away the mmma as it was voted on is a very bad idea... this is one more thing that shows there scared of this as they wish it to be gone... if it scares them that bad there must be some good in it so lets not let it go... its i feel worth the fight... i will fight... i will vote... now see how you can stop me... those who keep trying to kill our law are the ones we need to discredit   and show other who they are... bring them to the light and watch them burn... sorry my rant...

abbe