Anyone Can? Bedroom Closet Grow Supports Med Needs Of One Patient.

this is a report on the grow of a guy older than me, whom i'll call cp.  I knew him to be peculiar cause he's a vietnam vet who hates the military, and an alligator enthusiast regularly complaining he had to leave his pets behind when the the county took his house. When he 420s he stumbles around for a good while after.  I only recently learned he grows his own in his new digs in Detroit, which happens to be a subsidized government apartment in a large complex for seniors.  here is what he gathered to begin growing his own 2 years ago.  he gets by on $314 ssi and it took him 5 months to put this collection of equipment together, and he quit cigs to do it. (he is back to cigs).   he has let his card run out as he says, this is detroit, and a card won't do any good.      cards aren't any good in this gov. rental.  he is stealthy, as he only 420s in his van and not the apt.  cause he makes seeds right in the same space with the flowerings, his bud is seeded, but only lightly, and he uses a magnifier and tweezers to slowly pick out the seeds, which he saves and plants, of course. 

($30) GE 400 watt fixture and metal halide bulb of the old ballast-on-top variety, used off cl

($5)   a used 400 watt metal halide bulb, off cl, bought to replace the other bulb whenever it burns out

($41)  5 auto fem seeds ordered online, a 15-inch strain with no smell of pot and slight hint of rotten fruit (when you stick your nose into a bud after you've fingered the bud).

($32) 1 quart of colloidal silver 40 ppm from local health food store, for making seeds

(free)  bottle with pump spray handle from windex, removed from the building's dumpster

($35) enough 16 gauge extension cord and multi-plugs to support fans and lamp

($20) box fan

(free)  wire hangers from dumpster, for drying buds

($1)  a dollar store combo humidity/temperature gauge

(free) various size containers removed from dumpster

($35)  one bale of perlite and one bag of peat (think he is mixed up on what he bot) 

(free) 5 gallon paint buckets removed from the dumpster

($8)  pack of jiffy pellets for starting seeds

he has 10 plants going most of the time in various stages of growth.  he moves the autos thru successively larger containers, finally ending in 5 gal discarded paint buckets.  (I think  all the transplanting is thotless and extends his cycle time).  with his strain of autos it shud not be 95 days from germination to cutting.  his electric bill is covered in his subsidized rent. he makes his seeds, sprinkling pollen onto one of his plants, pollen made a while back and stored in the refrigerator with moisture-eater packets he found in a shoe box.  he averages 3/4 oz per plant.  i thot i was the only guy using urine and water for nutes, but he does too.

he reuses the soilless mix after baking it in his stove and because that stinks (but not like pot) thinks if he gets caught growing, it'll be for baking his peat and perlite in the apt.stove.  he does nothing for mites or mold cause he says he hasn't had them.

My question is: Why is this person purposefully, knowingly, growing in a government subsidized housing unit? I understand the want to grow your own, but it's a bit irresponsible to be growing in subsidized housing like that in my opinion. For multiple reasons.

(For reference, I'd have absolutely no problem if this were done in a non subsidized housing unit/apartment, but the fact that it IS subsidized, this person should be slapping themself on the hand..)

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

My question is: Why is this person purposefully, knowingly, growing in a government subsidized housing unit? I understand the want to grow your own, but it's a bit irresponsible to be growing in subsidized housing like that in my opinion. For multiple reasons.

(For reference, I'd have absolutely no problem if this were done in a non subsidized housing unit/apartment, but the fact that it IS subsidized, this person should be slapping themself on the wrist..)

i can see your point, although barely, flickering way off there on the horizion.  on the flip side bold and brightly lit, he was an army ranger in korea and then vietnam, 21 years as an elite fighter, wounded twice and then dishonorably discharged for marijuana!  his pension voided.  who wouldn't hate the military and rebel?  in reaction to how he was treated, some might have committed mass murder.  granted, he's doing wrong in subsidized housing.  he is wrong, but his wrong is so slight in comparison to the service he gave our country....and we are also wrong.  we took his house.  who among us could pay house repairs, utilities and taxes on $314 per month?  his stipend is so small he has no choice but subsidized housing.  the va should be supplying him housing and mmj.    he has been humiliated after serving our country honorably.  I mean, $314 per month?  For this one I am ashamed of the army, of the va and of wayne county.   

im not sure if you pay ssi in the military, alot of cops dont pay ssi, my old man didnt he is a retired cop, he went to work for wall mart for 4 yrs to try and build up his ssi, he was supposed to work 7 yrs, but he found out he wouldnt get what he thought he would in 7 yrs so he quit as soon as he found out!

alot of people only get like 300 to 600 a month for ssdi, or ssi, if you havent worked enough quarters that is how it works, he would be getting more had he been able to remain in the army or what ever service he was in and collected a retirement!  They send him to war, a war that had everything drug wise known to men, they were in a bad war and got hooked on drugs to get thru it, now it is the governments job to help them become good tax paying citizens or give them enough to live decent for fighting for their country!

our vets get treated like sh it, we need to insist the get better treat ment than the other country's we bomb and put back together!

Peace

I am more sensitive than I knew. I guess to me the army is like a retarded younger brother; I don't mind wailing on them myself but I get really ticked when someone else does.

We would have a lot better government if every politician had to serve in the army before running for office.

Edited by outsideinthecold

OK then our you OK with people being arrested because a door may have been unlocked ?

shall we go down the list ? really ?

those with cards, following rules getting arrested are statistically.

I am not "OK" with anyone getting arrested for growing, using or selling a plant. But that's a knock on law enforcement, not the card, the Act, not the understanding of the Act, not the confusion of the Act, ...maybe a blatant disregard of rules in the Act though?

oh... i've never been able to listen, computer challenged to the max.

Well you are missing some great stuff and to be able to see how things are going in Michigan it's a Must 

here is the phone # no Computer needed 1-347-326-9626 every Thursdays night @ 8 PM till 10 you won't be sorry it is the best Cannabis show in the State  you only need to tune inn one time and you'll  be Hooked 

shall we go down the list ? really ?

those with cards, following rules getting arrested are statistically.

I am not "OK" with anyone getting arrested for growing, using or selling a plant. But that's a knock on law enforcement, not the card, the Act, not the understanding of the Act, not the confusion of the Act, ...maybe a blatant disregard of rules in the Act though?

OK i guess

thanks