Super-Weed Linked To Psychotic Disorders

bobandtorey

A new study found users of potent cannabis are three times more likely to develop symptoms of psychosis than non-users.

Researchers at King’s College London studied the impact of what they called “skunk-like” cannabis on people who use it every day. The daily users were five times more likely to begin suffering from a psychotic disorder.

On the bright side, the study found that people who use hash — the typically low-potency marijuana resin found in Europe — had no increased chance of psychosis, even if consumed on a daily basis.

Read more Here

http://fusion.net/story/49930/super-weed-linked-to-psychotic-disorders/

D.C. may have legal pot — but no place to get it

D.C. could soon be known as the Wild West of marijuana, according to The Washington Post.

Marijuana legalization is set to go into effect in the nation’s capital in a little more than a week. The rollout, however, could be a bit messy.

Congress is blocking the District from installing a regulatory system that would allow the drug to be sold and taxed. As a result, residents in the nation’s capital will be able to legally possess enough pot to roll 100 joints, but won’t be able to buy or sell it.

i knew this was from UK before opening the thread. because they are on some kind of prohibitionist war against 'skunk' marijuana.

the terminology and studies are very strange compared to our prohibitionists. you'd think the prohibitionists would work together instead of fractioning like this.

i knew this was from UK before opening the thread. because they are on some kind of prohibitionist war against 'skunk' marijuana.

the terminology and studies are very strange compared to our prohibitionists. you'd think the prohibitionists would work together instead of fractioning like this.

This only demonstrates how clueless they are.

I post on a forum with a lot of UK people and you wouldn't believe how many Brits are like "I like cannabis but that skunk did me 'ead in.  It's all genetically modified you know."

heres the full text of the study:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(14)00117-5/fulltext

We applied adjusted logistic regression models to data from patients aged 18–65 years presenting to South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust with first-episode psychosis and population controls recruited from the same area of south London (UK) to estimate the effect of the frequency of use, and type of cannabis used on the risk of psychotic disorders.

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. http://www.slam.nhs.uk/
Provides mental health and substance misuse services to people

Substance misuse services are generally attended by service users on a
voluntary basis, unless an order directing an individual to take up treatment
has been made by a criminal court as part of a criminal sentence.

so , much like in the usa, the court orders "criminals" (aka people who use cannabis) to enter drug treatment centers. and the drug treatment center says all cannabis users have a "psychotic disorder". the drug treatment center pays for this "study".

Edited by t-pain

Are you suggesting psyhoses don't exist?

he is suggesting that psychosis , much like pain, has no litmus paper test, no blood test, no mri scan, no ct scan to show it, to document it, to give proof that it affects the patient.

psychosis is also a bunch of different things. anxiety is psychosis. paranoia is psychosis. ever get paranoid? heh. you had a psychosis. psychosis exists, mental problems exist. i know a schiztophrenic psychotic , its horrible.

if you think i'm making this up, please read the slam's own definition of psychosis.

http://www.slam.nhs.uk/media/243367/What%20is%20psychosis.pdf

A psychosis happens when you have

experiences that are so unusual and intense

that they interfere with your life.

These include:

finding it hard to think clearly - your thoughts

may also be too fast or too slow

hearing sounds, voices when there is nobody

or nothing there to account for them

unusual thoughts or beliefs that others may

not share or understand, for example you

may think that someone is trying to harm you

in some way, or believe that chance events

are connected to you.

Many of us have an occasional experience like

this. They don't affect us and we don't find

them a problem. In a psychosis the experiences

are so intense that they dominate your life.

They make it hard to get on with other people

and to deal with day to day tasks.

When a psychosis starts for the first time, you

may notice that:

you have a sense that something is going on,

without being sure exactly what

you can't sleep •

you feel anxious or tense •

you have headaches and feel restless •

you find it hard to spend time with other

people, especially family.

holy bunny muffin, i've got insomnia, i'm anxious, i get headaches, feel restless and i cant stand my family! i must be nuts!!! lol

psychosis? yeah, its called being human you making whoopee drug-rehab wanks.

Edited by t-pain

do you think its cultural?

why hasnt the strain-specific knowledge not hit them yet?

how do they define skunk? having a certain thc:cbd ratio or something? its not explained anywhere.

just 'oh that terrible skunk cannabis, its so evil' lol

They are probably over 20 years behind in grow knowledge.  I think they have a preponderance of crappy commercial grows so they don't really know what quality herb is.  All indoor grown herb seems to get the skunk tag.  The best they get is when they pop over to Amsterdam occasionally.  Obviously there will be some quality operations but they are probably few and far between.  The main complaints I have heard are: grown artificially with all sorts of nasty chemicals indoor under lights; all "skunk" is GM; dealers adulterate product with crushed glass; side effects of paranoia and "whiteys" (this is when you turn pale and momentarily pass out unconscious apparently.)  :huh:

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

Mezz:  Not true of all.  Not of Billy Liar or Heath Robinson.  Heath developed dwc based on dutch pots, Billy popularized it and mnfrs jumped on it.  Heath and Double D hold the world's indoor yield records.  Heath's Black Rose and several variations of that strain (Black Silver Rose, etc), are nuanced connissuer smokes.

he is suggesting that psychosis , much like pain, has no litmus paper test, no blood test, no mri scan, no ct scan to show it, to document it, to give proof that it affects the patient.

psychosis is also a bunch of different things. anxiety is psychosis. paranoia is psychosis. ever get paranoid? heh. you had a psychosis. psychosis exists, mental problems exist. i know a schiztophrenic psychotic , its horrible.

if you think i'm making this up, please read the slam's own definition of psychosis.

http://www.slam.nhs.uk/media/243367/What%20is%20psychosis.pdf

A psychosis happens when you have

experiences that are so unusual and intense

that they interfere with your life.

These include:

finding it hard to think clearly - your thoughts

may also be too fast or too slow

hearing sounds, voices when there is nobody

or nothing there to account for them

unusual thoughts or beliefs that others may

not share or understand, for example you

may think that someone is trying to harm you

in some way, or believe that chance events

are connected to you.

Many of us have an occasional experience like

this. They don't affect us and we don't find

them a problem. In a psychosis the experiences

are so intense that they dominate your life.

They make it hard to get on with other people

and to deal with day to day tasks.

When a psychosis starts for the first time, you

may notice that:

you have a sense that something is going on,

without being sure exactly what

you can't sleep •

you feel anxious or tense •

you have headaches and feel restless •

you find it hard to spend time with other

people, especially family.

holy bunny muffin, i've got insomnia, i'm anxious, i get headaches, feel restless and i cant stand my family! i must be nuts!!! lol

psychosis? yeah, its called being human you making whoopee drug-rehab wanks.

I do know that clinical diagnoses are the means to identify them. It is much like chronic pain, which does not display visually, and that many people dismiss out of hand because they cannot see it. I think that is incredibly selfish and have found it to be typical of the shallow minded.

Mezz:  Not true of all.  Not of Billy Liar or Heath Robinson.  Heath developed dwc based on dutch pots, Billy popularized it and mnfrs jumped on it.  Heath and Double D hold the world's indoor yield records.  Heath's Black Rose and several variations of that strain (Black Silver Rose, etc), are nuanced connissuer smokes.

You must have missed where I said "Obviously there will be some quality operations but they are probably few and far between."

I do know that clinical diagnoses are the means to identify them. It is much like chronic pain, which does not display visually, and that many people dismiss out of hand because they cannot see it. I think that is incredibly selfish and have found it to be typical of the shallow minded.

right, but its a drug rehab center whos business depends on court-ordered drug treatment. would you trust the rehab doctors as being able to accurately diagnose psychosis?