Where Are The Dispensaries In The Up?

Well,  I haven't dealt with getting people caregivers in that area for awhile now.

But you can check with the Happy Carrot.  They do connect you with caregivers.  Don't consider it a recommendation from me(neither good nor bad due to lack of knowledge about its operations), but it may be a good starting point.

Seems "The Green Room" is up there. 1021 W. Washington Street, Marquette, MI 49855. Not updated on menu and no phone number. It is in Marquette. Other than that Weed maps or Leafly doesn't show anything in the UP.

College town - should be some around - you can buy from anyone.

Good luck! I love that area. Ever go to Craig Lake?

Not sure about Marquette area, try the happy carrot they could point u in the right direction...can u travel to houghton? There is Northern Specialty Health in Houghton, or Noggin Shop in Laurium I don't do dispensaries cuz they are illegal hope that helps u

There is a dispensary in Laurium? That is outstanding! Another wonderful area and I'm glad to hear the people have some form of access to medicine otherwise impossible to get in such a sparsely populated region. Quadcarl might have some knowledge here also.

Seems "The Green Room" is up there. 1021 W. Washington Street, Marquette, MI 49855. Not updated on menu and no phone number. It is in Marquette. Other than that Weed maps or Leafly doesn't show anything in the UP.

College town - should be some around - you can buy from anyone.

Good luck! I love that area. Ever go to Craig Lake?

So much to see in the UP and so little time. I have been to quite a few places up here but not Craig Lake. We are hoping for some 20 degree weather soon. LOL

It is unfortunate that there are dispensaries listed on the internet but they all seem to be closed or very far away. I hope the new legislation will make medical marijuana more available to the people in need.

No I am a veteran going to school and I am also done with the opioids and other plethera of drugs the VA doles out by the handfuls. Looking for a healthier way to combat pain.

That was the previous owner...new owner took over a year ago or so http://www.northernspecialtyhealth.com Edited by SimplyLost8

Access to Craig lake is snowmobile only this time of year. Heck, somewhat 4 wheeler only even if weather is nice!

Regular season it isn't too bad. Oncoming Logging trucks are scarier than the potholes. Road up there isn't any worse than those in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb. (you obviously know the area so not like I'm breaking news for you, I know)

Frederick Miller's family hooked the State of Michigan with a gem when they gifted that land. Ever paddled around the private island on Claire lake up there? Grandfathered private property on an island smack dab in the middle of a State owned lake and park.

I'm happy to see there is a better community than I thought in the UP.

Edited by YesMichigan

Not houghton lake in the L.P. Houghton in the U.p. Silly, it is over an hour from the Marquette area, talk to some college kids there has to be meds in that area somewhere, there r a few head shops in Marquette stop into one of them and ask, U.P. In Smoke is a great headshop (located next to the happy carrot) the gentlemen at the counter was very helpful and knowledgeable on questions I had on vaporizer s and if u purchase and have ur card or are a college student u get a 10% discount.....score!!

Not houghton lake in the L.P. Houghton in the U.p. Silly, it is over an hour from the Marquette area, talk to some college kids there has to be meds in that area somewhere, there r a few head shops in Marquette stop into one of them and ask, U.P. In Smoke is a great headshop (located next to the happy carrot) the gentlemen at the counter was very helpful and knowledgeable on questions I had on vaporizer s and if u purchase and have ur card or are a college student u get a 10% discount.....score!!

Yeah I know where Houghton is, but I may have to go down Gaylord way for other business. Believe me, I am not as think as you stoned I am. :D  The problem I have is that I am more than old enough to be these college students parent and there is a trust issue/generation gap.

Edited by swamper

Yeah I know where Houghton is, but I may have to go down Gaylord way for other business. Believe me, I am not as think as you stoned I am. :D  The problem I have is that I am more than old enough to be these college students parent and there is a trust issue/gender gap.

Seeing you were already accused of being a Fed here I can see that...Card will only make a person look more suspicious I think. Older guy with a card "Yes officer? How can I help you?" Would have been my 22 year old aged brain reply.

That place in Houghton looks cool. Surprising they are being that open in that region given how few distractions LEO has on a Wednesday afternoon.

Seeing you were already accused of being a Fed here I can see that...Card will only make a person look more suspicious I think. Older guy with a card "Yes officer? How can I help you?" Would have been my 22 year old aged brain reply.

That place in Houghton looks cool. Surprising they are being that open in that region given how few distractions LEO has on a Wednesday afternoon.

What is the deal with the cracking down on dispensaries up here? I thought the UP would be a bit more open minded. Dispensaries in the LP been open for several years with no problems.

What is the deal with the cracking down on dispensaries up here? I thought the UP would be a bit more open minded. Dispensaries in the LP been open for several years with no problems.

My guess is because State Police run the show for the most part in the UP given the small budgets of local municipalities. The communities with thriving dispensary communities in the LP have less MSP involvement in their policing so it is up to them to look the other way or not (Chief of Police or Sheriff making the call? Prosecutor?). The Attorney General of the State isn't keen on protecting the intended benefactors of the MMMA in general so anything on the fringe he'll harass if only to prove a point and earn political clout in his party. His voters like him because we despise him.

The presence of Federal authority is high also with the prominent role DNR plays. People often forget those are Federal agents and think plastic cards don't authorize a person to use cannabis on America's Federated Land.

Not sure about Marquette area, try the happy carrot they could point u in the right direction...can u travel to houghton? There is Northern Specialty Health in Houghton, or Noggin Shop in Laurium I don't do dispensaries cuz they are illegal hope that helps u

you do know its perfectly legal for you as a carded pt. to buy from anyone anywhere in mi.