Where Are The Dispensaries In The Up?

Regular season it isn't too bad. Oncoming Logging trucks are scarier than the potholes. Road up there isn't any worse than those in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb. (you obviously know the area so not like I'm breaking news for you, I know)

Frederick Miller's family hooked the State of Michigan with a gem when they gifted that land. Ever paddled around the private island on Claire lake up there? Grandfathered private property on an island smack dab in the middle of a State owned lake and park.

I'm happy to see there is a better community than I thought in the UP.

I don't go all the way up to Claire lake. Fishing isn't as good. ;-)  I tend to fish Keewaydin, Craig and Teddy.

And shush,.. we don't want tourists!

j/k

It is a bit remote out there.

I don't go all the way up to Claire lake. Fishing isn't as good. ;-)  I tend to fish Keewaydin, Craig and Teddy.

And shush,.. we don't want tourists!

j/k

It is a bit remote out there.

hehe, tourists. The big sign at the entrance saying "Don't go back here, seriously, don't. If you think your vehicle won't make it, it won't. Go back. In 500 yards you can turn around if you're scared. You really should be. Turn around." People reading might think I'm kidding. But when you're in front of the sign and you can tell they shrunk the font to get everything to fit on a very large sign you realize they are serious about you being on your own. 14 miles of two-track to carry your stuff up and down hills for 1/2 a mile.

That's the beauty of that place. Few jerks will put up with that much crap. Those of us that do though....

Think about that. You're in your tent on an island, reading a book and medicating per your bona-fide doctor's instructions when DNR pops in to check the tags (you're not fishing but it is a routine check for all campers). Now what? I know it is OT and I'm sorry to the OP if it should be a new thread but it is a concern. I know Phaq has been in this spot but it was local cops it sounded like and not DNR.

Pretty sure the one in houghton is open. My caregiver mentioned he was going to stop in up there this week. Otherwise I don't know of any either. Good luck!!!

Find a caregiver, im sure there's one that will help you short term. Farm and garden services on Craigslist has a couple, I've never gone that route personally. I was connected to my caregiver via this website:)

Think about that. You're in your tent on an island, reading a book and medicating per your bona-fide doctor's instructions when DNR pops in to check the tags (you're not fishing but it is a routine check for all campers). Now what? I know it is OT and I'm sorry to the OP if it should be a new thread but it is a concern. I know Phaq has been in this spot but it was local cops it sounded like and not DNR.

as long as you are in your TENT or CAR, both private property, you MIGHT be ok, maybe, depending on judge/prosecutor and dnr dingus.

just dont run afoul of sec7

(3) Smoke marihuana:

(A) on any form of public transportation; or

(B) in any public place.

vaping or edibles A-ok ? untested in public methinks. stay safe.

someone knocks on your tent in the middle of nowhere? best thing to do?

eat that joint right there before opening tent.

you do know its perfectly legal for you as a carded pt. to buy from anyone anywhere in mi.

Yes I am very aware, I'm not against dispensaries, I'm fine with making them legal as long as grow rights aren't taken away, I'm just not ok with going into one have them take a copy of my card or drivers license for it to be on file...paranoid I guess in case something we're to go down lol. I want patients to have access to good meds, and until these court cases and stuff get hashed out I choose not to use a dispensery

Pretty sure the one in houghton is open. My caregiver mentioned he was going to stop in up there this week. Otherwise I don't know of any either. Good luck!!!

Find a caregiver, im sure there's one that will help you short term. Farm and garden services on Craigslist has a couple, I've never gone that route personally. I was connected to my caregiver via this website:)

Glad u were able to get yourself a caregiver!! Not everyone is so lucky to obtain a reliable caregiver in the U.P. Rock on!

better meds in Gaylord amd better price...Houghton  they are not so good,and higher priced,, must be to pay off the county  PA   but i have not been to the calumet one,

Thank you for the eyewitness feedback. Are they friendly at least? That's my favorite part about dispensaries. The people are always so happy and service (where I've been) has been like what I see on "The Rifleman" at the General Store. I get laughed at because I won't leave the counter until I see the bud tender count the money. Just old school habit I guess, you'd get tackled back in the day if you tried to leave before the cash was counted.

The folks in Gaylord were great to deal with the last time I was in there, and they did not take a copy of my card or license. I would not let anyone copy either one. I don't think that would protect a persons confidentiality very well, no?

Edited by swamper

The folks in Gaylord were great to deal with the last time I was in there, and they did not take a copy of my card or license. I would not let anyone copy either one. I don't think that would protect a persons confidentiality very well, no?

You don't have confidentiality though. The police are allowed to verify your medical status at any time. Walgreen's keeps a record of every person's prescriptions for years. They document how many products with pseudoephedrine a person purchases. These records are all available to law enforcement. "Public safety and welfare" goes a long way to violating notions of privacy.

I hear you though. Why do they need a copy of cards? Like Grassmatch asked "Why check cards if it is illegal in the first place?" But if you do, to illustrate compliance, why record and document those cards knowing you are putting the privacy of your "donors" in jeopardy?

Is it a coincidence that the "Provisioning Center" Bills have a section that requires on-demand updates of when, where and how much a person purchases? The difficulty is that most see this as "Common sense" practice because medicines are controlled in America by some authority. Not aspirin. Think of how much Ibuprofen you can purchase and nobody would investigate.

That's the problem with "Medical Cannabis Cup" - the notion bothered me and I didn't know why. My friend said "Dude, do they have an aspirin cup to see which one alleviates headaches the best?" Point being that legitimization of Marijuana as a medicine (long overdue) creates a difficulty for "traditional" medicinal patients. Akin to Native Americans and Peyote. The Government says "We made it better you have to use this now. Don't do that anymore or we'll put you in a jail cell for the rest of your life." This is why the "Legalize it for everyone" crowd (of which I'm an unashamed member) is misunderstood. Without it medical self-determination is impossible because it will always be up to the legislators and thus the LEO with handcuffs. Power FROM the People not OVER the People.

Sorry to rant. Glad the Gaylord dispensary was cool...I'm hyper today.