Vaping Co2 Preparations

The video is a nice example, but then again, how do we know that is RSO or a decarbed concentrate or a non-decarbed concentrate? Maybe the description indicated, but I did not go directly to YouTube to view it.

Either way, it is a lot like that with RSO and me. It causes me to gag and cough and easy to get a burn effect if it is overheated the smallest amount.

With non-decarbed concentrates, I can get it bubbling with the torch, get a giant hit and not have any worries of coughing or blowing my lungs out.

Have you tried non-decarbed oils in your Eclipse? I have found an extremely noticeable difference between the two. That was what I was pointing out previously.

The video is a nice example, but then again, how do we know that is RSO or a decarbed concentrate or a non-decarbed concentrate? Maybe the description indicated, but I did not go directly to YouTube to view it.

Either way, it is a lot like that with RSO and me. It causes me to gag and cough and easy to get a burn effect if it is overheated the smallest amount.

With non-decarbed concentrates, I can get it bubbling with the torch, get a giant hit and not have any worries of coughing or blowing my lungs out.

Have you tried non-decarbed oils in your Eclipse? I have found an extremely noticeable difference between the two. That was what I was pointing out previously.

I vape everything in the Eclipse. Buds, BHO, ISO, WAX, Shatter, doesn't matter, where there is a will there is a way. I have mastered it. I can serve you a hit of what you call RSO so smooth you will not cough, you will wonder if you got a hit until you blow it out. It's all a process to an end. The first thing though, you have to be able to accept that it can be done. Have you tried to winterize first?

Edited by Restorium2

That's an idicator of plant sugars and wax in you oil.

Yes, I agree all of the concentrates can be vaped in there.

Are you trying to pick a fight? Seems that way, as usual.

I have shown many pictures of my oils as you have seen many times.

I already answered the question. I have tried it with winterized RSO and not winterized RSO. You already know this to be fact.

Put the oil where your mouth is. let's see your oil.

Curious, do you find that the pictures of my oil are laced with waxes and such? Look pretty clean to me.

I have shown my entire experiences here in my Blogs. I haven't seen anything from you except for some old pictures of black goop. If I am wrong, please set me straight. All you need to do is load up some pictures, or do we still have excuses?

No point to continue this conversation unless you can provide some up to date pictures. Otherwise we are only debating about an imaginary product.

No help needed here. I believe I already stated I do not want or need help. Just expressing my experiences. I have also done much 'trial and error' already, and documented it here on my blogs.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/

How about we try to direct our focus on people who actually "need" help, like the OP.

No help needed here. I believe I already stated I do not want or need help. Just expressing my experiences. I have also done much 'trial and error' already, and documented it here on my blogs.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/

How about we try to direct our focus on people who actually "need" help, like the OP.

You know it's not just about you when I answer questions. I'm hoping a lot of folks get some help from the answers. You just happen to point out a problem that I have the solution for.

I mostly plunge my 25 watt ceramic Hakko directly into a shot glass puddle of this

which is a fresh preparation of flowers.

but when I take the trouble to make this
    I find my Eclipse is my preference. I never got around to calling one or the other "decarb'd" but essentially this one is aged like fine wine, as you can see, and I'm believing what you say about the differences. Both are awesome to me, this one is a treat I don't take for granted.

I stopped using the Eclipse for my daily dosing because........the degradation from the first hit to the last hit bums me out, and I just don't have the patience to load one hitters into glass vials, unless of course its shatter time....

I wouldn't necessarily recommend to eat e-cannabis type oils, but you can.

You are mistaken about not being able to afford to eat concentrates. It is far more efficient and far more effective eating the oil, buzz wise and medicinally speaking. If it is top notch oil, .1 mL should keep you stoned for 12 to 24 hours. If the oil is naturally decarbed and is top notch, 48 hour buzz from one dose. At least with my oil.

I consider vaping a luxury, one of the most wasteful ways to consume cannabis oil. It is stealthy, convenient, and clean though.

As for stealth, standard e-cigg equipment, like the AeroTank Mini, using PEG400 NF/USP and add a drop or to of organic flavoring, you can blow the vapor right in someone's face and they would have no clue you are using cannabis oil. They will only smell the flavoring you added.

I have heard bad things about trying to mix BHO with the PEG400 though. I have heard that the mixture separates. Everyone I have spoken to agrees that alcohol extracted concentrates stays infused with the PEG400.

I am just guessing that the O-Pen CO2 oil mix is PEG400 maybe also additional grades of PEG like 200 and 600 and may also contain PG USP. No need for all of that with alcohol extracts.

With all due respect, of course. I have eaten a significant portion of the Co2 oils to no noticeable effect. Perhaps they aren't decarb'd but the package is fancy and says it is ready for eating. Guess I need to make you my caregiver so I can try the oil you are using. I've had some outstanding edibles in the past, not had any from a Provisioning Center that was half as good as non-PC variety.

For me vaping has changed my life because what used to take a few bowls for ineffective relief is now resolved after two or three puffs after a meal. About an hour after I need a couple more but am usually settled until my next meal without getting lost in space. Each person has their own needs and uses though.

I like that Aero-tank. Will research it more, looks like exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you.

Packaging says 100% Extract with no PEG or Vegetable Glycerin.

I mostly plunge my 25 watt ceramic Hakko directly into a shot glass puddle of this

which is a fresh preparation of flowers.

but when I take the trouble to make this
    I find my Eclipse is my preference. I never got around to calling one or the other "decarb'd" but essentially this one is aged like fine wine, as you can see, and I'm believing what you say about the differences. Both are awesome to me, this one is a treat I don't take for granted.

I stopped using the Eclipse for my daily dosing because........the degradation from the first hit to the last hit bums me out, and I just don't have the patience to load one hitters into glass vials, unless of course its shatter time....

Now that is what I am talking about. This is how I can relate. You show me yours after I show you mine. ;)  Then we can understand better where we each are coming from.

It is even worse with a heat decarbed concentrate. That is like starting in the middle. The first couple of hits are cool, but after that it is downhill. With fresh QWISO and QWET it is pretty awesome almost to the end.

Nice looking stash you got there.

Little new info. I believe that we have discovered that the concentrate being in a more liquid state highly aids in the natural decarbing to its fullest ability and more quickly. It seems to be easier for the product to create and release the CO2. This is based upon feedback I have received elsewhere.

If you choose to sample naturally decarbed concentrate in the future, try keeping it in more of a liquid state and see how it compares.

Thanks, I enjoy seeing nice pictures.

With all due respect, of course. I have eaten a significant portion of the Co2 oils to no noticeable effect. Perhaps they aren't decarb'd but the package is fancy and says it is ready for eating. Guess I need to make you my caregiver so I can try the oil you are using. I've had some outstanding edibles in the past, not had any from a Provisioning Center that was half as good as non-PC variety.

For me vaping has changed my life because what used to take a few bowls for ineffective relief is now resolved after two or three puffs after a meal. About an hour after I need a couple more but am usually settled until my next meal without getting lost in space. Each person has their own needs and uses though.

I like that Aero-tank. Will research it more, looks like exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you.

Packaging says 100% Extract with no PEG or Vegetable Glycerin.

You can probably pour that extract into the AeroTank mini. Although, depending on the thickness, you may need to add a little PG USP or PEG400 NF/USP and mix well before putting into the AeroTank. I have not worked with CO2 oil and have not received much feedback from those who have, so it would be very difficult for me to give any experienced advice. I have seen some nice winterized pictures of some and also saw some nice pictures of a $280,000 commercial rig for producing the CO2 oil.

With two of my strains the concentrate is quite thick after all of the solvent has been evaporated. A couple of my strains end up thin and runny. This is also dependent on what solvent I use for the extraction or winterization. For an absolute pure extract, using what I am familiar with, a lot of people like to use the KISS cart. I must admit, when I use it with a straight extract, it is more potent. I have heard some complaints from those who use BHO in them, not shatter though. You may prefer that. Recently they have lowered the cost too. You will need a 510 to 601 adapter for it to work on an eGo battery though. The KISS cart seems to work best with a mechanical vape, The 3.7 volt Persei style KISS cart works best with e-cigg equipment, like a mechanical or eGo C Twist VV, but each will need an adapter. 

Pre-soaking the wick with concentrate.

QWISO KISS strain selection 2014 03290006

2 SmokTech Magneto Mechanical vapes each with the adapter and KISS cart 3.7 volt persei with 18350 battery.

Magneto with KISS And KISS TI 2 27 14 023

Full KISS Cart with 510-601 thread adapter attached.

KISS Cart By UP Tech 2 3 14 2 004

Thinking about it. If your CO2 oil was allowed to sit for 100 days or more, it just may naturally decarb. Technically it should if it contains THC. What is the largest dose you have eaten? Maybe you have a naturally high tolerance. Fore some reason, my tolerance is much higher if I only take one dose. If I take it daily, my tolerance quickly goes down.

I recommend the eGo C Twist Variable Voltage for a pen battery.

You can probably pour that extract into the AeroTank mini. Although, depending on the thickness, you may need to add a little PG USP or PEG400 NF/USP and mix well before putting into the AeroTank. I have not worked with CO2 oil and have not received much feedback from those who have, so it would be very difficult for me to give any experienced advice. I have seen some nice winterized pictures of some and also saw some nice pictures of a $280,000 commercial rig for producing the CO2 oil.

With two of my strains the concentrate is quite thick after all of the solvent has been evaporated. A couple of my strains end up thin and runny. This is also dependent on what solvent I use for the extraction or winterization. For an absolute pure extract, using what I am familiar with, a lot of people like to use the KISS cart. I must admit, when I use it with a straight extract, it is more potent. I have heard some complaints from those who use BHO in them, not shatter though. You may prefer that. Recently they have lowered the cost too. You will need a 510 to 601 adapter for it to work on an eGo battery though. The KISS cart seems to work best with a mechanical vape, The 3.7 volt Persei style KISS cart works best with e-cigg equipment, like a mechanical or eGo C Twist VV, but each will need an adapter. 

Pre-soaking the wick with concentrate.

2 SmokTech Magneto Mechanical vapes each with the adapter and KISS cart 3.7 volt persei with 18350 battery.

Full KISS Cart with 510-601 thread adapter attached.

Thinking about it. If your CO2 oil was allowed to sit for 100 days or more, it just may naturally decarb. Technically it should if it contains THC. What is the largest dose you have eaten? Maybe you have a naturally high tolerance. Fore some reason, my tolerance is much higher if I only take one dose. If I take it daily, my tolerance quickly goes down.

I recommend the eGo C Twist Variable Voltage for a pen battery.

Information and pictures. Cool. I like the KISS cartridge, I have checked those out before. I know some places sell them pre-loaded with preparation.

Not looking for "advice" as much as best practices other people are using. I am finding during my process that many experienced vape people don't have much knowledge of or experience with Co2 preparations. My two biggest questions for the community with experience and using them are:

1. How do you (personally) keep them warm and do you find better hits from the first two or three puffs when the preparation is pre-warmed regardless of the coil's temperature? Seems this is answered and logic prevails. Mostly looking now to make sure people using them warm it up somehow if they are sad they think their unit is dying when it is just that the oil is cold and the "first hit on first pull" advertising slogan stretches reality a bit.

2. How often do you change the "disposable" cartridges? Still not much of an answer here but I was asking again as much as I was hoping to help a lurker reading who might say "Hmm, I have noticed I should replace my tank more often also, I guess I'm not crazy."

Other than that I'm all good. Vape points or PEG400 and the like I don't have to worry about because my pen is as set and forget as you can imagine and it works wonderfully, I can't wait for the summertime when it isn't so cold.

Co2 oil sitting for 100 days? I'm lucky if it makes three...Point taken though. I am naturally resistant but have had a few edibles defeat me thoroughly, I'm looking for those.

I have a range of eGo batteries big and small. Adjustable and not. Wonderful devices.

So let's be technical a moment. Do you know the Ohm of your unit and do you prefer 1.7 or 2.4? When I get for real about the head unit of my future I think I will go for the 2.4 for a little longer battery life and coil.

What coils I prefer is actually a complicated question. Just talking about the ohms is complicated, they can work opposite, lower the ohms, higher the amps or lower the ohms higher the amps. I learned that when dabbling in building my own coils. Since I got started, they reversed everything with the companies making the coils. For instance, the lower the ohms used to require more power-amps. Now they are building the coils the same ohm but smaller coils vs. bigger coils. In other words, the coils are shorter and thicker, so the coil is actually smaller. Ohms law does not always work with these coils. Then you have to consider 2 other things. What device you are using, they can be quite different from each other. For instance, the AeroTank 1.5 ohm coils are taking a good amount of oil and are capable of using a lot of juice (electrical). The Aspire CE5 1.8 ohm coils can't take in that big of a hit or use that much power. The older AeroTank 2.0 ohm coils used to use more power. Now the new ones use much less, even though they are the same resistance. I know this is starting to sound like gibberish, but there is another thing to factor in. The type of metal they are using to make the coils. The KISS cart older units are 2 ohms. Their titanium coil unit is only 1 ohm. I will tell you right now, there is a huge difference in the taste of alcohol extracts between the two.

Basically what I am getting at is the only good comparison for coils is what you prefer for the unit you choose to use.

My preferences for the AeroTanks are the 1.5 and 2.0 ohm coils depending on which AeroTank I am using. I have the AeroTank, AeroTank Mega, and AeroTank Mini. I like the 1.5 for the mini and 2.0 for the larger ones, at least with the new coil design. With the oil coil design I preferred the opposite.

For the Aspire CE5 bottom coils, especially the new vertical bottom coils, I prefer the 1.8 ohm coil.

With the iClear16 and iClear30 I prefer the 2.0-2.1 ohm coil. The originals that for sure came from innokin.

It really all boils down to personal preference. When you get into the mechanical vapes, that's when it really gets crazy, like getting in to "sport vaping".

Edit: Oh, and Thanks for the lighter idea! Tapping my AeroTank mini really helps. Not with the first three hits because that is what was already in the coil, but after that it was very noticeable. Doesn't really cause damage to the product because it is completely sealed.

Edited by GrowGoddess

What coils I prefer is actually a complicated question. Just talking about the ohms is complicated, they can work opposite, lower the ohms, higher the amps or lower the ohms higher the amps. I learned that when dabbling in building my own coils. Since I got started, they reversed everything with the companies making the coils. For instance, the lower the ohms used to require more power-amps. Now they are building the coils the same ohm but smaller coils vs. bigger coils. In other words, the coils are shorter and thicker, so the coil is actually smaller. Ohms law does not always work with these coils. Then you have to consider 2 other things. What device you are using, they can be quite different from each other. For instance, the AeroTank 1.5 ohm coils are taking a good amount of oil and are capable of using a lot of juice (electrical). The Aspire CE5 1.8 ohm coils can't take in that big of a hit or use that much power. The older AeroTank 2.0 ohm coils used to use more power. Now the new ones use much less, even though they are the same resistance. I know this is starting to sound like gibberish, but there is another thing to factor in. The type of metal they are using to make the coils. The KISS cart older units are 2 ohms. Their titanium coil unit is only 1 ohm. I will tell you right now, there is a huge difference in the taste of alcohol extracts between the two.

Basically what I am getting at is the only good comparison for coils is what you prefer for the unit you choose to use.

My preferences for the AeroTanks are the 1.5 and 2.0 ohm coils depending on which AeroTank I am using. I have the AeroTank, AeroTank Mega, and AeroTank Mini. I like the 1.5 for the mini and 2.0 for the larger ones, at least with the new coil design. With the oil coil design I preferred the opposite.

For the Aspire CE5 bottom coils, especially the new vertical bottom coils, I prefer the 1.8 ohm coil.

With the iClear16 and iClear30 I prefer the 2.0-2.1 ohm coil. The originals that for sure came from innokin.

It really all boils down to personal preference. When you get into the mechanical vapes, that's when it really gets crazy, like getting in to "sport vaping".

Edit: Oh, and Thanks for the lighter idea! Tapping my AeroTank mini really helps. Not with the first three hits because that is what was already in the coil, but after that it was very noticeable. Doesn't really cause damage to the product because it is completely sealed.

I'll use this as a nice reference. Thank you for taking the time to type all of that out, if I use a broad stroke viscosity would you be willing to recommend your preferred unit? I would like to have more models to research and ponder.

Thin (they make a 50/50 mix which is made for e-cig type 16% or so for mid-day vaping without getting loopy)

Medium (I think this is what the Co2 would classify as)

Thick (I reckon this would be more of a home brew consistency)

Shatter - Crumble - Jelly?

So you're putting the lighter right to the tank? I thought about that but my tank is plastic. I am going to take a ride into the danger zone and try a fourth oil in this tank though. It is working too darn well to throw it away.

The packaging (which states it is in manufactured and packaged in accordance with MCL 333.26423 ) says you can put like .1mL on a cracker and see what happens. Oral ingestion like that is too costly for me so I can't say I know what relief it could provide.

My Pen is awesome. It has changed my life I can say without being dramatic. $25 and I haven't handled a lighter in awhile. Just need two so you always have a battery charging.

Not sure on NY. Why don't you google and post your results, please. I have to listen to PGT...

I would much rather eat the oil than smoke it, I put it in peanut butter, or on a cracker, pop tart, a peice of bread, lol, I like the taiste and I most def like the feeling of eating it than smoking it, I do smoke it all the time, but I also eat it all the time, It has prob been a month since I have smoked budd! been totaly on bho and another mixture of oil that a friend gave me!

If you are unfortunate like me and still smoke cigs, put some oil on your cig, put a decent amount and when you smoke it get another cig out so you can wipe the extra on the other cig, I usualy get about 4 cigs out of one, and it does me all day and leaves me one for bed time, If I was smoking joints I would put it on the same way and have another joint to wipe it on when it starts to drip, and so on and so on!

Peace

That is the main reason I dont like to vape oil, I cant handle the choking, man I couldnt do that kind of hit if I tried!

Peace

I hear you. But like I posted, I know a way to make it smoother. I can make it so you didn't even think you got a hit until you blew it out and saw it in the air. 

I personally use a small torch lighter to use mine, but wouldn't suggest that to anyone. I've watched more than one person explode a glass vile using a torch. Never happened to me, but the hot oil is painful I bet. 

Man I lit a torch up to clean up the corners of my glass baking pan I always extract into and it took less than a min and the hole thing just shattered all over me!  I dont use torches for anything any longer lol!

Peace