Marijuana Quality Testing Going Mainstream‏

This post precisely affirms the need to quantify these things and determine a cause and effect relationship.

You anti science ole timers claim you can just look at the bunny muffin or take a wiff of this jar and determine the ratio of beneficial compounds inside.  Well I tell you you are delusional.

I'm going to edit this to add:  We all agree the plant is very medicinal without testing.  Noone is arguing that fact.  What remains unknown is by what mechanism?

You have went way too far just like the HO in the rag piece we are talking about. You work at a lab and seem to know a little about cannabis. You should be the one bringing this bad lab information and claims to light. Yet you want to act/post like a teenager and double down on the garbage in garbage out.

Since when has it become that high THC marijuana is not as medicinal as high CBD marijuana?

That is a complete fallacy. CBD helps a few things. THC helps many things. CBG helps many things. THCV helps many things. etc.

Since when did people suddenly think that CBD is what is medicinal about marijuana?  Where did that nonsense start?  O yea,... Rick Simpson. heh.

I mean,,, how can one reduce ocular pressure with CBD?  Anyone? Noone? Of course not. CBD is useless in that case and many many many many others.

Let us not repeat nonsense about CBD being "the" important part. It is merely a piece in the puzzle for certain conditions.

rant end.

Your right, who said anything about that?  Your just ranting for no reason.  It's all medicinal, you are right.  How do you find out what levels of what are in it?  As far as I've seen CBD has been almost bred out of what was available on the street pre medical laws.  Now you see why testing is important?

Because the choir seems to be parrots?

Who me?  why don't you read what I write instead of what you want to hear to rant against?  Did I say THC wasn't medicine?  NO.  Did I say any of it wasn't medicine?  NO.  As a matter of fact I stated in my cure thread that THC took away the inflammation but I still had the anxiety and CBD took that and the depression away.  If you only smoke what's available in NY you won't find anything with hi CBD which I NEEDED.

I said that the quote can be taken that his friends were sick and he wanted pure, tested meds, that were made sure to be contaminant free.  Why do you have to make it read the other way without clarification? 

Your right, who said anything about that?  Your just ranting for no reason.  It's all medicinal, you are right.  How do you find out what levels of what are in it?  As far as I've seen CBD has been almost bred out of what was available on the street pre medical laws.  Now you see why testing is important?

You are spewing totally BS propaganda. Breeders have created the medicine we have now and you want to trash them? You should be thanking them because THEY are the ones who have made medical cannabis what it is today. They are our heros. You stand on their shoulders. 

It works by several different mechanisms and many of them have been quantified and clarified.

I would say many of us "ol' timers" can tell many things from from a look and a whiff and determine the likely compounds found in that particular strain.  Been doing it for years.  Once you understand the main 24 distinctive landraces, it is rather easy to narrow down what to expect from what. 

Much of this research has been done it just isn't well known or read. 

Also, the research of medical uses is a far cry from supposed quality testing being done at these labs.  Different field. Different research. No comparison IMO.

When people denigrate the plant as dangerous I lose respect. When people say they know people are getting very sick from marijuana, I ask for proof.  When people say growing marijuana in your home is absurd, dangerous and folly to expect to get quality medicine that is safe, I see only dollar signs in their eyes.  I see greed and cluelessness, and if not cluelessness, a destructive intent beyond my moral acceptability.

We do not expect every tomato to have the same amount of Vitamin C in it nor do I expect each batch of tomatoes to be tested for Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Molydenum, manganese and Vitamin A.  I may know that hothouse tomatoes have less of all those vitamins and nutrients and prefer organic, but I do not expect exact counts on each tomato I buy.

This is where with medical specifics, we need exact reproducing amounts to recreate exact mimicking effects. thus why we , unfortunately, create either very specific extracts for medicinal use, or synthetically create the exact molecular substance.  this is where focus treatment will happen in the future with specific extracts(Pharma). 

I believe cannabis is a whole plant treatment and I can easily determine which strains and cannabinoids will be favourable to my treatment.  The information is vast and can be read easily to narrow down your self medicating.

So,... yea.  Many mechanisms are known. Old timers know more than ya think. And superficial quality and impossible to be accurate testing is a bit of a joke honestly.  They show it is a joke just by all the negative campaigning they do about how dangerous marijuana is.  It is the only way to pave the road to their riches.  When testing on marijuana equals testing on basil, thyme and dillweed , then justice and proportionality will be achieved.

So you can tell the new compounds created when crossing landraces and what they do?

When looking at ratios a simple gc or the other one will do.

And it isn't a SIMPLE plant.  I have to leave the s h i t s getting thick.  And no one was talking about mandatory testing.  the article clearly states people are choosing to test. 

You are spewing totally BS propaganda. Breeders have created the medicine we have now and you want to trash them? You should be thanking them because THEY are the ones who have made medical cannabis what it is today. They are our heros. You stand on their shoulders. 

And you can't find it in NYS!  I'm throwing no one under the bus.  Read what I write not what you want to argue against.  Show me iron labs reports and show me how many hi THC and how many hi CBD.  Bit of a mismatch.

You know you guys are just as bad as the anti mj crowd.  Isn't there any sites not taken over by radicles these days?  Why can't we just talk about testing without it going mandatory and why can't we explain the benefits of testing without people calling it witchcraft?

Edited by Norby

you might just find that the authors of the bill added testing to make it more pallatable for the average senator monkey to vote for it.

Make no mistake about it, it is law enforcements' way to take away all anonymity. And the lab interests love it! They would say anything to get us on board with the cops.

And you can't find it in NYS!  I'm throwing no one under the bus.  Read what I write not what you want to argue against.  Show me iron labs reports and show me how many hi THC and how many hi CBD.  Bit of a mismatch.

You read too much and don't get out enough to know what you are saying only works on paper. 

would it be fair to say much of the "breeding" since 1990 has been geared towards the recreational users, holding large smoke in parties, competitions, dab inhale contests, and the like?

I've never seen a board of sickly MS patients judging dabs in Ann Arbor for instance.

No. Absolutely not. The people you are calling 'recreational users' want the same thing as the medical users. Same same in the real world. So it's been a win win with breeding all along. What is going on now with breeding is just gimmicks to fool people into getting all excited about spending their money. It's hype.

Is THC ending childhood seizures somewhere?

I thought I heard it was "CBD" doing that.

I was always skeptical about this from the first failed pharma synth cbd trials, causing people to flip out. I saw it as a way for pharma to separate compounds for patent purposes.

We had a seizure patient tell you right in this thread that it is not the CBD that helps him. So it's not always CBD doing that.

There are ways to make it so you don't 'get high' off of any strain if you are concerned for the children. I see you still want to use the opposition's trump card The Children!

Would you believe, Norby, that after all of this hard work by the lab interests, that the type of cannabinoid analysis done by Iron Labs and any other lab that has ever existed in the state is not what is required by HB 4209, but safety testing for mold, mildew, fungi, or pesticides, which almost nobody is voluntarily paying for right now.

It is just amazing how that happens, isn't it? The lab propaganda will be used by prohibitionists and obstructionists to increase costs to the patient for no good reason.

I think it's just to get everything inspected. They don't care about the actually quality of the meds, they just want to inspect everything just like they have since the law was enacted. 

You know you guys are just as bad as the anti mj crowd.  Isn't there any sites not taken over by radicles these days?  Why can't we just talk about testing without it going mandatory and why can't we explain the benefits of testing without people calling it witchcraft?

This is why I rarely post on this website. Happy people with "highdeas" that wish to lightheartedly chitchat are usually deemed as derogatory individuals.

No wonder more people don't join or want to be a paid whipping post, might be a bit harsh but at leat 10-20 people I know don't even come here for information or want anything to do with the website.

I'm not saying kiss everyones arse all the time, and of course challenge each others thinking but why push people away?

There are ways to make it so you don't 'get high' off of any strain if you are concerned for the children. I see you still want to use the opposition's trump card The Children!

I wont be involve with children/cannabis at this time, so no, it's not my concern. I see you still enjoy attempting to incite me for some reason.

I brought up children because of the cbd chatter all over the world concerning CBD and the children, even big pharma bought into the sham right? making high cbd formulations for the children.

no worries, I like being trolled by you, it keeps me on my toes. Your credibility suffers though, but of course I could give two squirts of pee of that. I just sympathize for you occasionally is all, we are all humans after all.

This is why I rarely post on this website. Happy people with "highdeas" that wish to lightheartedly chitchat are usually deemed as derogatory individuals.

No wonder more people don't join or want to be a paid whipping post, might be a bit harsh but at leat 10-20 people I know don't even come here for information or want anything to do with the website.

I'm not saying kiss everyones arse all the time, and of course challenge each others thinking but why push people away?

Yeah. I was there once. All happy with highdeas and rainbow visions of cannabis all across the state unfettered by anyone. All great people working together to a common peaceful good. Then I started a compassion club and learned the reality of our situation. I wish I could go back where you are Carl. I really do. But there are huge problems to fix and I'm a fixer. I will work on it until it is fixed then maybe we can go back there to the warm and fuzzy.

I wont be involve with children/cannabis at this time, so no, it's not my concern. I see you still enjoy attempting to incite me for some reason.

I brought up children because of the cbd chatter all over the world concerning CBD and the children, even big pharma bought into the sham right? making high cbd formulations for the children.

no worries, I like being trolled by you, it keeps me on my toes. Your credibility suffers though, but of course I could give two squirts of pee of that. I just sympathize for you occasionally is all, we are all humans after all.

Always. You always have a few squirks of pee for me along with your propaganda. 

Thank you Quadcarl for saying what others may think about. Walking on glass around here must be a daunting task for a newly registered patient/grower. I personally am sorry you're experience here has been negative, and understand some people just want a place to hang their hat in the day without putting on gloves. If you shoot me your email(choose a disposable for security?) I'd be happy to chat in email with you, of the beauty of cannabis, the joys and pains of life, and everything in between. if not, that's cool too.

peace QC

I'm fixer too, but I fixed everything I could by myself. Short of doing nothing what would you suggest WE could fix? Are you content with today or do you want a different tomorrow? It seems the majority on here want things left alone forever, others want full on national recreational legalization, and no one in between getting together actually doing something.

I would love to be an active participant moving forward. Be it attending townhalls and other opposition get togethers or being a part of a REAL nat geo documentary, it's all drug runners and seizure kids on there, never a quadriplegic in an electric wheelchair. Maybe putting myself out there that way is distasteful for some like exploiting the kids, but for those anti MJ folks that like numbers and results you can measure as well as very visually see what MMJ does for me in seconds:)

I'm being genuine and serious so lets unite where we can

I think at the end of the day we all just want our grass without losing our a s s :)

It seems the majority on here want things left alone forever, others want full on national recreational legalization, and no one in between getting together actually doing something.

We have these positions because of our experiences since 2008. We don't all share the same experiences, realities, wants and needs. My position has changed with each dose of reality I encounter. We have all been attempting to actually get together and do something. But the WE includes a lot of folks who don't think alike or share the same goals. I'm putting this as nicely as I can.

I do understand your desire here, Carl. However, the disputes that usually cause the biggest eruptions are those that mimic active discussion in the Legislature, and patient and caregiver rights seem to always be at stake in these discussions. What you are seeing is responses to a different discussion entirely, one being had behind closed doors in most cases, for the benefit of the lobbyist's clients. The discussion is not about which strains are best for which conditions. Nobody in the discussion cares one bit about this.

Ultimately, patients have rejected the type of testing being mandated by the legislature in the new bill. The potency testing that is the subject of discussion here is not being contemplated by the legislature, and if it was, it would be to limit the potency of THC, not for the reasons patients might desire it.

The current situation is the best it can be regarding testing efficacy and voluntariness.

That's the schit of it, I fully understand the difference just like the dispensery discussion. Patients and opposition want both but for very different reasons. Opposition for control and power as always.